• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread Version 5

Be careful. Clonazepam is one of the more subtle benzos, it's incredibly easy to get fucked up on it while still feeling perfectly sober, or even blackout without noticing. Alcohol will increase the tendency significantly.

Ya I know all about the combo of benzos and alcohol. Have to be very careful. It's easy to drink more than you originally planned and end up not knowing what happened. I was specifically talking about clonazolam not clonazepam. Sorry for any confusion

You're goign to do what you're going to do, but I, too, would suggest walking gently with benzos and alcohol. And yes, Benzos are mysterious in that you think you're not where you want to be and take more. Don't! Enjoy what you have going and stick with with. Don't try to get to cloud nine. You won't. You'll only get yourself into trouble. Use it as a tool. Personally, I use it to make things in life that are normally more challenging (high level meeting, etc.) to assist in getting through. Remember to take really good notes, though, as you will likely forget much of the conversation. ;)

Yes I completely respect the alcohol+benzo combo when I do it which is not often. Use low doses of both and I have some self control so I can refrain from just popping more like candy or pounding six packs. My specific situation was 2 mg clonazolam at about 3 pm and 2 beers later that night. Had a good "buzz" all day. Thanks for the advice and yes I agree with keeping notes as I have done that in the past and when I looked at it I didn't remember writing any of it. Thought it was a lost from my mom ?
But also I know benzos won't get me to cloud nine. I keep it to therapeutic doses if needed and recreationally every once in a while.

Ya I know all about the combo of benzos and alcohol. Have to be very careful. It's easy to drink more than you originally planned and end up not knowing what happened. I was specifically talking about clonazolam not clonazepam. Sorry for any confusion

Ah my bad - you can see how I might confuse the two :p

How would you compare flubromazolan to etizolam and or clonazolam? Never tried it and thinking on ordering some.

Flubromazolam and clonazolam are nasty drugs to be avoided at all costs in my opinion.
Etiz has a shorter halflife, so you are far less likely to black out for days/weeks/months at at time, compared to c-lam or f-lam.

If you do a seach in the BL search engine, you'll see plenty of horror stories. Personally, i had a massive trainwreck on flubromazolam and absolutely detest the stuff - it almost ruined/ended my life.
I'd really advise staying away from them, simply because they cause such terrible amnesia/tolerance/potential addiction.

Last edited:
In my Humble opinion...etiz is the way to do. It's easy on the relaxation factor, and when taken in moderation, it works well to relax and enjoy good, non-distracted conversation. Unless you're intent on getting totally wasted, just stick with 2mg-5mg of etiz and you'll enjoy yourself. be well and we safe.

Etiz didnt do it for me...flubro was nice only when i had a tolerance. With no tolerance it was way , WAY too strong.

Flubromazolam and clonazolam are nasty drugs to be avoided at all costs in my opinion.
Etiz has a shorter halflife, so you are far less likely to black out for days/weeks/months at at time, compared to c-lam or f-lam.

If you do a seach in the BL search engine, you'll see plenty of horror stories. Personally, i had a massive trainwreck on flubromazolam and absolutely detest the stuff - it almost ruined/ended my life.
I'd really advise staying away from them, simply because they cause such terrible amnesia/tolerance/potential addiction.

Ok thanks. I actually prefer etiz also, just saw it pop up and was interested. Gonna stay away from that. Although I do use clonazolam occasionally and think it is very potent but it definitely is addictive and yes I know people who have experienced the blackout. But that shit is strong so don't underestimate it. Also I try to avoid dosing multiple days in a row. Trying to go for the weekend warrior status. Thanks for the info

tried tapering benzos withdrawal with opiates like coedine in small qty. have a hard time typing though now

Don't pick up a new habit trying to grt rid of an old one. You'll be back on the benzos trying to taper off the coedine!

Codeine made my withdrawal worse, made me nauseated and anxious. I still took it constantly but it doesn't relieve benzo withdrawal IME.

I'm still taking Ativan daily. I was down to 1/2 mg /day but I had some stress at work and I took as much as 8mg a couple of times.
I have been mindful of what my baseline is likely to be and how much it probably went up each time. So if I take 8 mg today, then I take 4 mg tomorrow, then two, then one for 3 days , then back to 1/2 mg. Usually something new stresses me and I'm back to 4 or 6 mg/day and the cycle starts again.
This sort of 'taper within my taper' has been working well. No insomnia or panic attacks. Just a little lethargic the day after a big jump in dose(8mg is a lot to go up in dose for one day).
It's nothing like oxy. One day of heavy use and my baseline tolerance is instantly reset to the new higher dose I spend the next month trying to get back down, withdrawing the whole time.
Wd's from Ativan(Lorazepam) seem to start around 24 hours for me, and they're really only insomnia. No doubt they would be worse a day or two later if I let it go that long. The wd's from oxycodone start sometimes as little as two hours and can be pretty unbearable within 12 hours of my last full dose.
I want to be off these pills.

Last edited:
Valium is IMO the easiest to taper off. I went from 30mg to 5 in 3 months. Lots of diarrhea and blurred vision but this is normal
I was on clonazepam which works great but it's much harder to taper off
All of this crap is rat poison. No one should be on anything more than a few weeks. Of course I didn't find this out for 5 years
Dr said just stay on it
I'd like to sue that SOB. Good luck go slow

Valium is recommended in the Ashton method for tapering benzos. The first step is several weeks of changing to valium. I did it with Lorazepam, but I was shaving pills and licking up crumbs 3 times a day. My way worked fine, but Valium definitely would be less work. I had just decided that the whole problem was how long I had been taking these drugs, so why take them 5 weeks longer just to switch and taper?

Keeping this thread alive-
I've been back on Ativan for about a year now. On an 'as needed' basis this time , but I'm currently stable at 2mg/day. I take it in the evening unless something stresses me and I want help during the day. Before I was trying to take three doses daily while I was doing an aggressive version of the Ashton method, so I was cutting my pills into crumbs because I thought I would have some bad headaches or depression otherwise. It seems that was wrong. I do need to taper or I won't sleep , so I take my whole daily dose 2hours before bedtime. That seems to be working well and I didn't need to switch to Valium as outlined in the Ashton method. I'm sure I have some wd's during the day, but the oxy and Lyrica are covering them up.

Benzos don't tend to be eurphoric, but a definite no to your question. It's a step up from diazepam but try a syringe of midazolam.
I've been having some sleep issues lately so I'm thinking of approaching the GP for some lorazepam, not sure how it'll go. I also want some bloodwork done.

You'll feel the midazolam when they run it during surgical procedures. It's quite nice and unique in its own way.

Lorazepam is nice for me because it works relatively fast and doesnt stick around like diazepam does. For me, if I havent had any in a few weeks, 2 mg of oral Lorazepam starts working in 15 minutes and is completely gone in around 4 hours. 4 mg will keep me sleepy for 8-10 hours and leave me feeling a little hungover for an additional 12 hours.
I take it primarily for panic attacks, so fast is better. But I also use it for sleep during oxy wd. For sleep I have to take a dose in the middle of the night usually because it wears off so fast.
The Ashton method for tapering benzos outlines a transition off Lorazepam to Diazepam at the start specifically because of the too short life of Lorazepam.