• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The Benzodiazepine MEGA THREAD - Direct Benzo Questions Here v2.0

im currently going through a benzo withdrawal. been on benzos for 5 years. found something on <snip> called dalpron. took the withdrawals away. benzo withdrawal is shit

Last edited by a moderator:
im currently going through a benzo withdrawal. been on benzos for 5 years. found something on ebay called dalpron. took the withdrawals away. benzo withdrawal is shit

Dalpron? Could you elaborate more on what it is?

I can't seem to find anything about it online
In fact when I google search it comes up as Lexapro

no its all natural herb. from a company that deals with detoxes

nice man I just found it thanks
working on my own benzo taper currently and anything that helps is greatly appreciated
the fact that it's natural is even better. What symptoms does it help you with the most?
it's really odd but if you type dalpron in a google search it suggests lexapro

no its all natural herb. from a company that deals with detoxes

Interresting, seems to be a combo of three plants, one that I know of.
The only question is, will you switch one addiction for the other as the plants seem to act on GABA, just like benzos

Some additions for http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/801444-The-quick-guide-on-new-benzodiazepines

With triazolo (and probably imidazolo) derivaitives removing the methyl on the triazolo ring slightly reduces potency but also increases duration.

A Cl an probably any other electronegative group on R4' gives you something that produces anxiety/seizures.

The benzene ring on R5 can be substituted with a pyridine with the N at the second position. This also leads to higher potency.

The benzene ring can be replaced by a non aromatic ring ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menitrazepam ) but this reduces potency.

A Cl on R2' leads to slightly more potent but not as hypnotic compounds (fpam vs ppam, flam vs clam)

An extra electronegative sub at R6' leads to active compounds too.

The A ring can be replaced with other aromatic rings (thiophene (etizolam), pyridiine with the N where the R6 C would be (lopiprazepam), pyrazole (zolazepam), ...), many of these don't need strong electro negative groups at R7 (or the position analogus to it.... with eizolam it's actually r2.

Nitro groups at R7 are the most recreational and potent, Chloro are weaker but still fun, Br is more potent than Cl, but not as fun.

R3 can also be substituted with a methyl (meclonazepam)

Most common routes of metabolism include demethylation at R1 (this produces active metabolites), reduction of R7 nitro groups to amino groups (leading to inactive metabolites), hydroxylation at R3 (active) and then glucoridation and excretion (this is also the reason why benzos with a R3 oh have lower hls , hydroxilation of the R1 methyl on triazoo compounds leading to alpha hydroy versions (I think activee).

While the nitrogens on the benuodiazepine part are usually at R1 and R 4, other positions are possible (1 and 5, 2 and 3)

Interresting, seems to be a combo of three plants, one that I know of.
The only question is, will you switch one addiction for the other as the plants seem to act on GABA, just like benzos

Yes the other plant does act on GABA , But not in the same way benzos do. Ashwaghanda is primitive to the receptors it binds to. But iv also noticed it doesn't work well just on its own . I think the mixture of plants definitely seem to have a synergy helping anyone with benzo addiction.

Trying to some more research on this. But it works for me.

Been using dalpron for a while, not found it to be addictive. Still relieves anxiety and iv not upped or lowed on dose as i dont want to mess things up at this point in my life.

Good luck to all you guys , all we have been is guinea pigs for doctors. They get you addicted and then stop your script. This will occur with all new generation of drugs.

Anyone here making progress on there abstinence?

yes i agree so there maybe synergy that binds to other receptor positions

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2858077
Chronic benzodiazepine treatment elicits adaptive responses in the CNS, seen behaviorally as functional tolerance and physical dependence. Experiments are described in which a radioreceptor assay is used to follow benzodiazepine activity in CSF samples during daily flurazepam treatment of cats. Tolerance is evident even after the second dose, despite increasing CSF drug activity, showing a large and rapidly developing functional tolerance. Other studies are discussed which also show tolerance within 24 hours of initiating benzodiazepine treatment. In contrast, a spontaneous withdrawal syndrome is usually seen only after prolonged treatment with high doses. However, physical dependence can also be studied by precipitating abstinence with a benzodiazepine antagonist, such as Ro15-1788. Cats were treated daily with flurazepam, then Ro15-1788 was given and abstinence signs were recorded. Abstinence could be precipitated 24 hours after beginning treatment, and dependence was nearly maximal after 7 days. Dependence developed during treatment with as little as 0.5 mg/kg flurazepam, which is near threshold for any behavioral response. Chronic diazepam caused the same dependence as flurazepam. Thus, the development of tolerance and physical dependence both show a remarkably rapid adaptation of the CNS in response to benzodiazepines.

^^ so what do you think this might translate to for humans? CNS fluid effects yes but how about GABA receptor effects? Are these correlated?

Also, looks like only two benzos were studied. Do you think this would then apply to all?

Thanks for the post, interesting. Does this possibly indicate new found knowledge of benzo use effects?

Sorry I didn't read the whole thread, I did try to UTFSE but I couldn't find my answer and didn't want to necro any old threads...but if the consensus is snorting/plugging benzos doesn't work(of course the BA is lower, but it seems like most people believe it doesn't work AT ALL) then how does sublingual administration work? What's the diffidence between the benzo being absorbed in the membranes in your mouth or in your sinuses?

Different effects of different benzos

I don't have a great deal of experience with different benzos but I've noticed some big differences with the ones I've tried. In terms of sedation and euphoria that is.

Diazepam I found to lack any euphoria, and the sedation was very mild.
Alprazolam on the other hand gives me good sedation and some euphoria
Etizolam gives me strong sedation and good euphoria
Clonazepam not much sedation and no euphoria
Clonazolam massive sedation and good euphoria
Lormetazepam gives me anxiety initially, and not much euphoria or sedation

So the pattern I've noticed here is that the olams are a lot better than the epams. Clonazolam is by far my favourite benzo, etizolam a close second.

Hey guys. I have some leftover diazepam from a previous alcohol withdrawal episode around 50 days ago. Other than this I have no benzo experience. Prior to alcohol withdrawal I was drinking about 30 units/day for 10 days (basically spent the entire time blacked out). I have been sober since then. Age 20, male, 65kg (143 lbs).

My question is, is there likely to be any cross-tolerance from the alcohol abuse, and in either case what would be a good recreational dose?

tobacco smoke makes lorazepam less effective, this i know, but does smoking cigarettes effect any other benzos?

Is it possible for a person to have a natural tolerance to benzodiazepines, but not necessarily other GABA agonists/modulators?

I aks because the first time I took any benzos, I ended up on a small binge of 8mg Clonazepam and 2mg Xanax, obviously overslept massively for work and was still pretty hazy until like 4 days later. However I do not feel like I experienced a hugely subjective effect during, obviously my judgement was impaired and I was chasing some euphoria but I experienced no memory loss and it was really just like being a little drunk.

About a week later I ended up taking about 70mg Valium over the course of the day, unwisely combined it with some stimulants and also a small amount of alcohol but thankfully did not die and did not experience significant aftereffects except perhaps a slight grogginess the very next day.

I have been very sparingly experimenting with Alprazolam recently but although I see recommended dosages around 0.5mg-1mg to start, I can pretty confidently say I don't feel anything below 2mg.

Is my experience abnormal or within a normal range of variation in natural tolerance? I do not have a tolerance to any other GABAergic substances, again.

Is it possible for a person to have a natural tolerance to benzodiazepines, but not necessarily other GABA agonists/modulators?

I aks because the first time I took any benzos, I ended up on a small binge of 8mg Clonazepam and 2mg Xanax, obviously overslept massively for work and was still pretty hazy until like 4 days later. However I do not feel like I experienced a hugely subjective effect during, obviously my judgement was impaired and I was chasing some euphoria but I experienced no memory loss and it was really just like being a little drunk.

About a week later I ended up taking about 70mg Valium over the course of the day, unwisely combined it with some stimulants and also a small amount of alcohol but thankfully did not die and did not experience significant aftereffects except perhaps a slight grogginess the very next day.

I have been very sparingly experimenting with Alprazolam recently but although I see recommended dosages around 0.5mg-1mg to start, I can pretty confidently say I don't feel anything below 2mg.

Is my experience abnormal or within a normal range of variation in natural tolerance? I do not have a tolerance to any other GABAergic substances, again.

It is definitely possible. I know a friend who was eventually prescribed phenobarbital because no benzos would help him. That being said, individual benzos can have effects that vary greatly from person to person. Also for a first time user 8mg of clonazepam alone is a pretty hefty dosage. Clonazepam is also generally not considered to be particularly euphoric and its long half-life makes it commonly prescribed for people to prevent seizures. Benzos can vary greatly in their effects depending on structure. They can vary in how sedating, hypnotic, anxiolytic, muscle relaxing or anti-seizure they are.

I need opinions. So for about 2 weeks every now and again i take 2 white xanax pills in the morning at around 8 without having eat for atleast 12 hours. Now this doesnt do much for me anymore, but ann i have is 5$ and my plug sells 2 for 5. HOWEVER he is also selling Hulks for 5 a pop(Hulksare the green pills) and buses for 5(Yellow pills) the very first time i took hulks i got majorly fucked up but because i took way too many. My question is if i should buy 2 of the white ones or just 1 of the hulks. Which will get me higher , for longer. Im about 210 pounds, place your best guesses please