• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Awesome Pentagram or "Star"

Don't ask me why. I just notice they do it. It has so many meanings but I think most likely it's a sign of magic or belonging to the witchcraft community.

I would give the pope a pass on this as he uses it in a more naturally religious way.

2473849500000578-2899246-image-a-1_1420566879662.jpg

I didn't say she was psychotic. I said she was experiencing some sort of psychosis.
It wasn't rude. I've suffered from psychosis. This is a harm reduction drug forum.
Psychosis is not an insult and it shouldn't be treated as such.

If I offended you, dude, I'm sorry.
I was only trying to help.

Those photos are hilarious, Ninae.

I assumed it was a tongue-in-cheek joke / reference to the Bjork photos & the suggestion of psychosis.

Those are not of me, they're of Cara Delevingne who looks like a boy, and were in the Daily Mail today. There's no need for me to make it even worse.

It's okay, you misunderstood. Not everyone has the same background and subconscience as me and we all notice different things. And I know I'm not psychotic, I've experienced benzo psychosis countless times so I wouldn't miss it.

But this symbolism is so relentless, at least where I live. Yesterday I saw a new poster from the city council (well, more like countryside here) which had a green six-pointed star on it and the headline read "We aspire to bring you star quality". Then there was a photo of 5 palms on top of each other. I feel stalked.

Those are not of me, they're of Cara Delevingne who looks like a boy

I don't know... I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

(Then again, I'm bisexual.)

Last edited:
It really didn't occur to me eveyone would of course think it was me. But there's really so much of it around you only need to look in the paper to find pictures to match a post.

And I didn't mean to single Bjork out, she was just an example. But she does have many pagan references in her songs. They can be read ambigiously, but there are so many of them. Like the song "Hit", if you keep in mind the word charm can have two meanings, the word "Hit" would mean "Hit by a spell".

Hit

This wasn't supposed to happen
I was happy by myself
Accidently, you seduced me
I'm in love again

I lie in my bed
Totally still
My eyes wide open
I'm in rapture
I don't believe it
I'm in love again

This wasn't
Supposed to happen
I've been hit
With your charm
How could you do this
To me?
I'm in love
Again

This wasn't supposed to happen!

A small story
Which never happened
I said ouch!
This really hurts
That can't be
This has been
Practised for millions of years
Therefore we are
Therefore we are

I lie in my bed
Totally still
My eyes wide open
I'm in rapture
You've put a seed inside me
And while you're away
It's growing silently
(to be a life)
Starts in my stomach
Embraces my insides
(in time..)
And about to reach my heart

This really hurts!

Last edited:
But she does look like a psycho. She's more of a man than most men I know. At least I'm not a man in a woman's body, and not lesbian, either.

4evaafter said:
I didn't say she was psychotic. I said she was experiencing some sort of psychosis.
It wasn't rude. I've suffered from psychosis. This is a harm reduction drug forum.

You make a good point there, and it is exactly the reason why I thought your comment was rude, because I thought you were throwing the term 'psychotic' out there in a flippant way, as an insult. I wasn't aware that you were expressing concern. I can see now that I was mistaken here, so sorry for jumping to conclusions....

I was only trying to help.

Not at all, all good :) <3

Ninae said:
Like the song "Hit", if you keep in mind the word charm can have two meanings, the word "Hit" would mean "Hit by a spell".

The word charm isn't even in those lyrics.

You are obscure to the point of impenetrability sometimes Ninae :) 8o

Then again, I am very high right now :D

Peace <3

No, I left it out to make it shorter, didn't realise it was in there.

A lot of hand-action there.

Last edited:
By the way, one interesting thing I learned about symbolism is that the peace sign represents an upside-down broken cross. John Todd said (in the 70s) "Witches believe they will find peace when Christianity is destroyed".

That's kind of what has happened, though, in that it has practically been replaced by New Age - type philosophies (starting from the 60s).

Last edited:
^The peace sign is stylised semaphore standing for "nuclear disarmament" (as I'm sure you know). The cruciform shape is definitely there though, but thats almost just clever marketing.

From my own experience with other spiritual groups (occult for want of a better blah), there is no evil or ill intent in these practises. They are just another way of describing the world which often actually pays homage to christianity in idea's and ritual. Thelemic groups especially owe a fair bit to Catholicism in particular.

Ninae said:
That's kind of what has happened, though, in that it has practically been replaced by New Age - type philosophies (starting from the 60s).

Not to sure if Christianity has really been replaced at all. Though its popularity is definitely waning. Its not really being replace by any form of spirituality or mysticism though.

Of course I've never seen it that way, but it is a cross broken upwards when you turn it around. Also, this speaker tells a lot of lies, but that's mostly to aggrandise himself. He's very acknowledgable about these kind of things, so on this point I tend to believe him, as it makes sense with other things I've seen. Or at least that it's true from his environment.

Like, in Scandinavia there is a long book series which is about a family practicing heridetary witchcraft and how they are persecuted by the evil Church throughout the centuries, even though they are really good, and Christianity is really evil, etc. Might sound silly, but it was read by practically all females and many males, and really worked as a form of theological indoctrination. I was certainly influenced by it as I read it as a teenager. And I also believed it was true to reality.

Anyway, I later realised things are a bit different, and you could just as easily turn that doctrine on the head and it would be just as true seen in another way. But this has made me suspicious of all the anti-Christian, pro-pagan propaganda we seem to have been getting for the last decades. There's just so much of it and it's so unbalanced, so that gets on my nerves, and it has changed things so much that although my grandparents are genuine Christians my sisters don't even believe in God and can't tolerate anything to do with religion. It seems to make people either anti-religious or pagan-romantics.

The other part of it is that up until the past few decades there were only really two possible religious practices in Europe (or the Western world), either traditional paganism/fertility faith, at least that was the dominating practice in my area, and Christianity, which was new in comparison. They were the two competing movements, and even though paganism went underground it still survived, up until it could be practiced openly. So in a way it's correct to say pagans of any kind would desire the end of Christianity, and this would be a completely natural thing, but is also an old, outdated issue which doesn't really have any relevance any more.

Last edited:
I assumed it was a tongue-in-cheek joke / reference to the Bjork photos & the suggestion of psychosis.

I don´t want to take sides here, but she has a point. When you say someone is experience psychosis it´s a little obvious to the other that you are trying to label. And that´s not nice. Who can say about mental illness other than herself or from a medical point of view. So one may ask who are you to talk about psychosis? Even if you are a doctor, you would have to spend sometime with the patient.

I know "Paganism" can mean many things. But I live in the old religious capital/centre for the pagan faith in my country, and I know what was practiced here certainly wasn't the beautiful, nature-worshipping kind of pantheism it can be represented as, it was pretty barbaric. So I question the need to write a whole book series that completely misrepresents it.

And I also know practitioners of black magic/whichcraft see Christianity as some kind of horrible threat, for some reason. The main thing seems to be that it can work against them and disempower them. I've also heard many people say they would call out for Christ when they experienced demonic attack, and they would leave as soon as possible, so I think Christianity can be used as a weapon against spiritual darkness in a literal sense.

They sure seem to be keen on getting rid of it. Like that crazy black-metaller who burned down three churches before he stabbd his rival. Do they really see it as that much of a threat? But I can see how that works if someone are a genuine Christian in possession of The Holy Spirit and close to Christ, so I find that interesting.

+-m03vargvikernes1302.jpg

A family friend, or close friend of my grandfather also happened to be one of the main court-psychiatrists in the country at the time so he was assigned that case. Not exactly thrilled to have a link to that monster, but never mind. I just wish they wouldn't look so friendly.

Anyway, my grandfather was a good and holy man, even if he lived in an environment of powerful figures.

I don´t want to take sides here, but she has a point. When you say someone is experience psychosis it´s a little obvious to the other that you are trying to label. And that´s not nice. Who can say about mental illness other than herself or from a medical point of view. So one may ask who are you to talk about psychosis? Even if you are a doctor, you would have to spend sometime with the patient.

Sounds like you have OCD.

And, possibly, lupus.

:p

Last edited:
I know "Paganism" can mean many things. But I live in the old religious capital/centre for the pagan faith in my country, and I know what was practiced here certainly wasn't the beautiful, nature-worshipping kind of pantheism it can be represented as, it was pretty barbaric. So I question the need to write a whole book series that completely misrepresents it.

And I also know practitioners of black magic/whichcraft see Christianity as some kind of horrible threat, for some reason. The main thing seems to be that it can work against them and disempower them. I've also heard many people say they would call out for Christ when they experienced demonic attack, and they would leave as soon as possible, so I think Christianity can be used as a weapon against spiritual darkness in a literal sense.

They sure seem to be keen on getting rid of it. Like that crazy black-metaller who burned down three churches before he stabbd his rival. Do they really see it as that much of a threat? But I can see how that works if someone are a genuine Christian in possession of The Holy Spirit and close to Christ, so I find that interesting.

+-m03vargvikernes1302.jpg

A family friend, or close friend of my grandfather also happened to be one of the main court-psychiatrists in the country at the time so he was assigned that case. Not exactly thrilled to have a link to that monster, but never mind. I just wish they wouldn't look so friendly.

Anyway, my grandfather was a good and holy man, even if he lived in an environment of powerful figures.

I don't think Varg is seen as too scarily pagan these days, but his racial views are what get him attention, arrested and called a terrorist. I don't believe he is that; he's just a semi-talented bigot really. His blog is so fucking depressing. Just endless pointless hate :\

Hahah. You're crazy. Imagine even paying him any attenion. I try to pretend he doesn't exist.

He was so smug when he was released from prison. When asked about his beliefs he called himself an "Odinist" (an old word for it). I think he's smart enough not to be so vocal about his crazy beliefs or kill anyone again but racism/national pride is also part of that scene.

I wouldn't go as far as semi-talented. Hornemann's verdict was "He's lacking in soul gifts but shows potential". Not that much potential, though.

"The Dark Ages were much lighter than we give them credit for, but they were also much darker than we give them credit for. Because a part of Europe was Pagan and had Light, whilst another part had fallen to the Christian aggressors and thus had only Darkness. As this video shows, the Pagans in Northern Europe, who had not yet been exposed to the Christian wave of cultural destruction and genocide, thrived during the Dark Ages."

Same old crap again. That's what I was talking about.