• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Aus/NZ/Asia Drug Busts Mega-Thread El Número Cuatro DISCUSSION thread

Brilliant! anyone who has ever had anything to do with sodium metabisulphate will tell you that a good whiff of it tends to paralise your diaphragm, or in some way prevents you getting a decent breath... that would certainly stop a dog!

Have we got that massive crystal bust in Sydney, biggest ever?

Brilliant! anyone who has ever had anything to do with sodium metabisulphate will tell you that a good whiff of it tends to paralise your diaphragm, or in some way prevents you getting a decent breath... that would certainly stop a dog!

Can this stuff be used to take chlorine out of water? To lessen the chlorine content? We used a sack of stuff that was like shards. I had to wear a mask around it.

Last edited:
Do people believe that it was a 'regular citizen' that tipped them off?

Or are they using this to encourage 'dob in a druggie'.

Too far fetched? (I haven't slept much lately).

They said on the news tonight it was a tip off from a member of the public that lead to them doing surveillance.

Yeah, they seemed to put a lot of emphasis on that fact.

Wouldn't have thought they'd be proud to admit they had no idea about what was going on.

They admitted that some large percentage of their major busts is through some form of informing, some head cop or afp or customs dude was also crapping on about how ice is insidious and toxic and sends people crazy. I think they were his words anyway. I was cooking meth at the time, I mean food.

....Wouldn't have thought they'd be proud to admit they had no idea about what was going on.

Possibly due to what you posted previously ( ? ). They've taken the " 'dob in a druggie' gets us said result"-route. So although "taking one for the team" it's at the same time re-enforcing this 'dob in' program they've got going.

(Depending on how you look at it) This - the wrong/misinformation presented in articles written by journalists - aren't their (journalists) fault.....before I get flammed, lol..... This phenomenon of not employing, reassigning or using non-subject-specific educated journalist (eg, not using a scientifically educated journalist) to write is actually becoming a profession-wide practise. It's particularly noticeable in the scientific arena (specifically I'm seeing it in med). Just as we're seeing here, the amount of inconsistencies, misinformation and often just plainly stupid, basic scientific (medical, chemistry, etc.) mistakes showing up "scientific news articles" is quite frankly, sad! And hence, we're ending up report as above!

That being said, those who are educated (or should be such as the police) in the matter have no excuse. And for whatever reason (is used to justify what is said), in the end the result is a plain lie. :\

Yay, thought someone would agree with me.

That's interesting that you mention things like this happen in the medical profession. And very scary that there's some sort of 'field' chasing these skills of miss-information.

Last edited:
They are trying the same game on with the drugs in sport beat up atm, trying to smoke people out, so to speak.

Can this stuff be used to take chlorine out of water? To lessen the chlorine content? We used a sack of stuff that was like shards. I had to wear a mask around it.
We used to use it on prawn trawlers to stop "blackspot" a discolouring of the product. As far as I know,it would remove the O2 from the brine, therefor preventing oxidation, and I guess thats what made you "catch" your breathe when you used it. As far as chlorine goes, I don't know, but it sounds like it could be the shit...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_metabisulfite

Last edited:
Yeah, it doesn't say it in that wiki, but I think it may have been the same stuff -

Sodium metabisulfite (SMBS) is commonly used for removal of free chlorine and as a biostatic. Other chemical reducing agents exist (e.g., sulfur dioxide), but they are not as cost-effective as SMBS.

Sodium-Metabisulphite-Food-Grade.jpg

Looking through google images of it and it seems it can come as powder, through to crystals,

p2.jpg

oxalic-acid-glacial-acetic-acid-aluminium-sulphate-sodium-metabisulfite-pentaerythritol.jpg

I usually take monetary size of hauls with a grain of salt but seeing the size and shear volume of those bags from the bust I have no doubt that would have yielded close to 1/2 a billion dollars down the food chain. I would love to know their accountant because that is a lot of laundry to clean.

Pretty sure these people have a whoel bunch of businesses already so wouldnt be too hard to wash it all. A lot of it goes overseas too.

lol...

96 partygoers caught with drugs - Moore Park

Police have caught almost 100 revellers with drugs at the Sydney Mardi Gras ‘After Party’ overnight.

Officers from Surry Hills Local Area Command and the Dog Unit conducted a four-hour drug detection operation to coincide with the event at Entertainment Quarter at Moore Park.

More than 200 partygoers were searched by police.

Ninety-six people were charged with drug possession, while three were issued cannabis cautions.

Pretty high stats right there..