European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The ANGRY thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destiny update - 18 GB! That's a good chunk out of my already super expensive broadband - grrr mumble mumble bastards (So first world before teh lounge rats start).

Last edited:
I just had my review at work. 8) It was really just listing all the things i had noticeably fucked up since i started my new job. Quite a few of those things I have turned around and improved, but my manager doesnt seem to realise that people arent static objects, they are always changing for better or worse, growing in some ways or getting smaller in others. Human nature and lazy managers suck. They seem to expect you to have exactly the same mindset as them, and to know everything about everything immediately after your 'training' which for me consisted of listening to about 20 phone calls. Ive been given tasks to do with absolutely no training, and then been viewed as incompetent and slow for not magically knowing what to do and having to ask people.:!

If my manager doesnt start noticing the hard work and effort im putting in to getting things right and to a good standard, he's said he hasnt checked any of my work as he hasnt had the time, then this job is gong to be a write off, either he'll fire me, or I'll get so pissed off at his negativity that I'll probably quit. I was enjoying working there, until he decided to do a character assasination on me. Sure he had some fair points that i throroughly deserved, but i dont believe that reviews are meant to be 99.9% crtiticism and fault finding. Just for the sake of staff morale he should have made the effort to find more than one positive thing to say. Fuck it, I'll correct the worst of the things he didnt like (some of them very trivial) but im not gonna stress about it anymore, just gonna be doing the best i can, and when my contract comes up for review its kind of in the lap of the gods. It definately isnt based on anything objective at least.

MDB, My advice to you would to keep a record of any tasks you've been set which you haven't been trained for. When you ask questions as to how to proceed take notes and note the name of the person you received the information from.

The notes are to prove that you are taking initiative and that lack of training has been an ongoing issue.

Please feel free to PM me anytime. I was one hell of a Union Steward ;) Any advice you need love, all you need do is ask. I'd be more than happy to advise you with any troubles you may be facing at work.

Hope things start looking up my friend.

xxx

Good work and improvement are expected from you, a good manager will praise you for this - a bad one will not. Staff reviews should be in the majority compliments and positives - thank you for this, that and the other - however this that and the other needs to be looked at, do you understand what your doing wrong, do you need training, how can we do this better, then ending on this that and the other has been amazing so I have to thank you for your hard work and commitment etc

If you feel that the manager is out for you, document it from now - any sly jab or jibe keep a note, any job that does not get done correctly have you been trained for it, if not ask for training, depending on your work set up, email it rather than ask.

Thanks both for the replies and supportive comments.

I dont feel that the manager is personally out to get me, he could have had me fired at any time over my first few months for atrocious time-keeping. Luckily for me I think they were short staffed at that time, and it took them months to react and take any action at all in response to my timekeeping. Ive now got back into the habit of getting up when the alarm goes off and getting ready in time, and haven't been late on any occasion for the last 8-10 weeks, and look to continue in that vein until my contract renewal comes up in a couple of months.

Throughout the whole time ive felt as if I have shown a solid work ethic (when i eventually arrived on any given day:eek:). I wouldnt be alone in feeling that this goes unrecognised and unappreciated, i recall other staff who have since walked, grumbling about the same thing. I guess I'll just have to accept that the manager isn't the type to easily hand out pats on the back, and try to make some positive changes out of the negative feedback, and get back to trying to enjoy working there.

I'm angry because I've put a load of effort over the last 6 months into trying to improve my happiness. I fixed a load of small things, like getting wasted all the time, being unfit and getting unnecessarily stressed and angry. But it all seems to be in vain because although the small things are easy to fix, the big problems still remain. I hate my job but I'm stuck with it because I can't do anything else and I've got a huge amount of debt to try to stay on top of. And despite spending all my free time and money travelling about to try to stay in touch with old friends who are now spread about the country, the majority of my life is still spent feeling cripplingly lonely. And I have no idea how I'm ever going to solve those problems.

Destiny update - 18 GB! That's a good chunk out of my already super expensive broadband - grrr mumble mumble bastards (So first world before teh lounge rats start).

I'm pretty sure we have unlimited broadband data plans in the first world

Thanks both for the replies and supportive comments.

I dont feel that the manager is personally out to get me, he could have had me fired at any time over my first few months for atrocious time-keeping. Luckily for me I think they were short staffed at that time, and it took them months to react and take any action at all in response to my timekeeping. Ive now got back into the habit of getting up when the alarm goes off and getting ready in time, and haven't been late on any occasion for the last 8-10 weeks, and look to continue in that vein until my contract renewal comes up in a couple of months.

Throughout the whole time ive felt as if I have shown a solid work ethic (when i eventually arrived on any given day:eek:). I wouldnt be alone in feeling that this goes unrecognised and unappreciated, i recall other staff who have since walked, grumbling about the same thing. I guess I'll just have to accept that the manager isn't the type to easily hand out pats on the back, and try to make some positive changes out of the negative feedback, and get back to trying to enjoy working there.

MDB, A shite manager is a shite manager and these issued need addressed to his superiors. Keep a journal. xxx Chat to me if you need advice or just leave a comment on BL, you'll have loads of people with advice. Don't take bullshit!

I'm angry because I've put a load of effort over the last 6 months into trying to improve my happiness. I fixed a load of small things, like getting wasted all the time, being unfit and getting unnecessarily stressed and angry. But it all seems to be in vain because although the small things are easy to fix, the big problems still remain. I hate my job but I'm stuck with it because I can't do anything else and I've got a huge amount of debt to try to stay on top of. And despite spending all my free time and money travelling about to try to stay in touch with old friends who are now spread about the country, the majority of my life is still spent feeling cripplingly lonely. And I have no idea how I'm ever going to solve those problems.

I have never wanted a hug off of anyone so much ( Okay 1 aside)
I wrote a PM to you and ditched it as I'm being rather soppy tonight.

I only hope that once home is set up you'll come and visit as I've always admired you and greatly wish to meet you. Again, this is why I did not send the PM. SOPPY!

I'll return to my natural state of bitch now, thank you xxxx

Second week in a row where someone has freaked me out in my favourite bar. "I'll be thinking of you later" totes inapprops. Could've at least started with hi nice to meet you like!

Boils my blood because it's the one place I actually go out to and now I feel quite uncomfortable about going again. Bad luck woman eh.

Finally getting to see my boy after him being ‘held hostage’by twat of an soon to be ex-wife.
Would think this would be a snoo but Judge ruled because I’ve not seen him in that period because said twat blocked my every move it’s to be supervised.

The angry part…supervised by one of her family members whose life can only be described as a fucking car crash.

Cannie even bring her own kids up properly…on anti-depressants for stress etc (not having a pop at any one on anti-depressants)
Wouldn’t last two minutes in my fucking shoes with how organised I need to be on a daily basis to keep the ‘family’ in the lifestyle they are accustomed to.

2 hrs supervised at a play centre.
Cannie wait to see him but a complete fucking joke.
God knows how he’ll react to me after this length of time not seeing him.

Bitches & Judges be fucking Craaaaaaaazy

No, you have the right to ask for an independent third party to be the one that supervises. This would normally be a care worker or someone of that nature. You can request that you have no involvement with your exes family when you interact with your child on the grounds that said family member can fabricate anything they wish and also make for a hostile interaction. Your son will pick up on these bad vibes and it ruins the bonding session.

Get that changed ASAP! No "in-laws" as it were. If it's to be supervised that is something you cannot change. By whom, that can. If your lawyer is useless contact citizens advice. xxx

Much love to you and do your best to have the best possible time with your wee boy. He'll be missing his daddy as much as you miss him! <3

Thanks for that Sadie, just copied and pasted it over to my lawyer who is starting to get on my tits as it is.
Her lawyer rang rings round him in court and he sat quiet half the time whilst she flipped every argument I put forward.

It started out with the judge perplexed as to why supervision was required and her lawyer turned the full thing round.
Mines sat there like a wet fucking fish…nice guy but that’shis problem…he’s the same in court, too nice.

This is gonna cost me thousands in lawyer’s fees as she’s managed to pull off legal aid so happy to drag it out.
We could’ve contested it but would’ve delayed the hearing.
If he doesn’t get his finger out I’m getting shot of him and going elsewhere.

Ended up with him because I’ve been using the same law firm for all my business requirements etc.
The guy I deal with is shit hot but this lad is new and deals specifically the family side of things.
Went with him due to my previous positive deals with that legal firm.

See how he responds to that e mail.

He sounds like an idiot who got to where his is on his families coats tails.

PM me when you've heard back.

I think a new lawyer would be a good idea. Unless he comes back with a fabulous well worded email. Going by your side of things, This is something I highly doubt.

I'm angry cause I can't pluck up the courage to go see my (now ex :( ) boyfriend or soulmate to be more precise who's in a home cause of severe brain damage. I ain't looking for sympathy just I am fucking angry and am not drinking to numb myself tonight (well not as much) I'm going to take the plunge sooner or later though and go see him, I miss him. Also angry because there is a motherfucker in my house that I can't fucking stand.

p.s. I've been too numbed up on AD's to address these feelings imo

Last edited:
Someone you can talk to isn't always offering sympathy.... Just a hand. These things are better off said then kept locked up eating away at you.

Try not to be angry with yourself.... It does no good. I know you can't help being angry with yourself, I just ask that you try not to. You are human after all!

Try and be kinder to yourself xx

I have never wanted a hug off of anyone so much ( Okay 1 aside)
I wrote a PM to you and ditched it as I'm being rather soppy tonight.

I only hope that once home is set up you'll come and visit as I've always admired you and greatly wish to meet you. Again, this is why I did not send the PM. SOPPY!

I'll return to my natural state of bitch now, thank you xxxx

Aw thanks. I'd love to come visit one day!

As usual, all it took for me to actually start to sort things out was to talk about it (or rant on the Internet about it in this case). I'm now staring at a £10k loan sitting in my bank account, which is kinda terrifying but easier to pay off without just re-spending it like I always do with the credit card.

I also rage-quit facebook, which is possibly not the best way to address my loneliness issues, but I do kinda feel like it gives an illusion of being sociable which isn't actually real. The friends I have who aren't on facebook are actually the best ones to talk to on the phone or in the pub because you haven't been trickle fed a diluted version of their lives since you last spoke.

Off to a little one night dance music festival thing now which I genuinely didn't think I'd bother doing the way I've been feeling this week. I'm generally ok once I get going though, it's just making the first move and getting out of the house that's hard sometimes. On the train though, so fully committed now!

Have a good weekend y'all. Sorry this isn't in gibs or the Friday thread :p

Cheers Sadie for the offer of advice. I probably will take you up on your offer if things stay the same or get worse.

On day one of quitting smoking completely (been cutting down from 20/day to zero over a week) so I'm currently at the 'swearing at the microwave' stage. F@#k*ng c*n$ing pi@#ing stupid thing.
:!

Also pissed off at my Psychiatrist trying to force me into Lithium treatment, even though I insisted several times that I would rather try anything and everything else first. Waking up to letters and phone calls about how most information on Lithium toxicity is falsified is irritating and that it should be my only choice is 'irritating'.

Been a while but how did your attempt to give up smoking turn out oh sprouty one?

I'm pretty fucking pissed off because my laptop has gone tits up. I suspect for once it's a software rather than hardware problem. Still, that doesn't make any less infuriating... :!

I tried to find a solution to my problem for the better part of today but eventually caved & took it to the repair shop. Thankfully they've got a slot for it tomorrow, so with any luck I won't be without it for too long.

I just wish my laptops would hold out longer, so much more unreliable than desktop computers... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.