Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Alcohol thread...

pisspotnrock

Bluelighter
Same sorta deal as 'The Cigarette thread' but dis one be for piss heads ;) (feel free mods to delete this but I'm sure we can get some HR value out of it [providing links to various studies, ect])

So anyway, how often do all you Bluelighters drink and to what extent? I drink on a daily basis but in moderation (I never go over board these days, we all know where that leads ;) 8) )... love my beer (Swan Draft, VB, Stella Artois) and have recently started drinkin wine due to my budget :p I never touch spirits due to the 'out of control-ness' which usually follows but I always enjoy a 6-pack of jacks when havin some acid %)

How often do you guys 'go out' and just drink apposed to usin illicit drugs?

Any Bluelighters on here that brew their own at home? I'm on the verge of goin to Kmart and buyin a micro brew kit but would like to speak to some people that already have experience in that field before I do...

Feel free to post links to any studies involvin alcohol consumption.. Ill dig some up later on

^ believe it or not I was just discussing with the other mods whether a thread on this topic might be a good idea. I'm very keen to learn more about home brewing & home distillation in particular (and yes I believe there is some HR in discussing safe brewing and distilling techniques - poorly distilled spirits with high methanol levels can be fatal). I'll come back to this when I have a little more time. :)

(I'm also a bit of an alco myself unfortunately so booze abuse is a topic close to home).

I'm very keen to learn more about home brewing & home distillation in particular (and yes I believe there is some HR in discussing safe brewing and distilling techniques - poorly distilled spirits with high methanol levels can be fatal).

yeah I remember readin in the paper about those fatal poisenings over in Indonesia due to the tainted Arak containin high levels of methanol.. such an unfortunate tragedy considerin they were tourists just tryin to obey the 'rules'..

Dont forget that when brewin beer, usin too much sugar can be dangerous (sorry if I'm a bit off, it was a couple of years ago when I read this..) once it has been bottled and capped due to the stubbies 'expodin'..

I'm off for now but Ill come back and post some links later on...

i've not so much as tasted alcohol in over two years. fucking hate the stuff :)

yeah I remember readin in the paper about those fatal poisenings over in Indonesia due to the tainted Arak containin high levels of methanol.. such an unfortunate tragedy considerin they were tourists just tryin to obey the 'rules'..

That Arak shit is nasty stuff. Made me sick for days when I was in Bali. Pretty sure they use it as a Coke Cola replacement when you order a Jack Daniels/Jim Beam..

Aaaah the drug I hate to love. Has to be the least favourite in effects of all drugs I consume. It's usually a supplementary drug for me. I hate losing control, acting like an asshole and not remembering most of my partying - something alcohol seems to very good at promoting.

I'm a huge binge drinker. Pretty much no drinks on the weekdays and then 20+ standard drinks in 12-24 hours :S

I've always been a beer and Scotch man myself. Favourite commercial beer has to be James Squire Amber or James Squire Pilsner *druels* mmm think I might celebrate the passing of my drug test and buy some of this delishush liquid...

I've done a bit of home brewing when I remember, just with the cheap commercial pre-made mixes. You could train a monkey to do it, it's piss easy and the savings speak for themselves. The plastic kits can be bought for around $100-$150 and the can of wort ($10-$20 depending on what brand and where you buy) which yields around 23L of beer per patch. The key is to clean all your bottles and brewing gear properly with sodium peroxide?(available cheaply from anywhere you buy brewing gear) as well as securing the airlock properly to make sure no unwanted wild yeasts ruin your brew.

The hardest part about brewing with micro-kits is finding a wort that suits your taste and deciding how much sugar (and therefore alcohol content) you want. Most of my brews turn out around 5.8-6.2% so it only takes a couple of long necks before I start slurring my words :D My personal favourite wort is Coopers Mexican Ale - it is very similar to coronas but smoother and 20x less cost.

pisspotnrock; Don't hesitate mate, go buy the thing as soon as temps warm up a bit - or now if you have a way to heat the brew. Electric blankets work pretty well. Ideally you want it to be at a pretty stable temp of ~21C. Can be hard to keep it like that in the middle of winter but it isn't 100% vital. if it drops to much more than 18-19C the yeast will stop working and fermentation will take longer - subsequently taste and character of the brew will suffer.

If you drink more than a few beers a week buying a micro-brew kit very quickly makes you back your investment and keeps on paying for itself. Plastic long neck bottles are the way to go too. no exploding, just fizzing :D You have to put a fair bit of sugar in them for this too happen.

Oh I shouldn't really make light about alcoholism, my apologies. For anyone in a similar situation there are great discussion & help threads over in The Dark Side, such as the current Alcoholism Thread.

Now back to the booze talk, I've cut down a lot in the past six months but prior to that was drinking a lot of shiraz (mainly SA) when I felt like red, sav blanc (NZ) when i felt like white, or either straight malt scotch (favourite being laphroaig) or vodka (vodka O is the best tasting low budget one I've found) when I felt like splurging and buying spirits. I've been pretty selective over which wines and beers I consume since becoming vegetarian too as many are fined with isinglass.... :p

Like Sameria alcohol is a drug I hate to love, the high is shit, it makes me do stupid things, and nothing makes me feel worse the next day. If alcohol was just another illegal drug I don't think I'd ever touch it, but it's just a bad habit and so much a part of life, and such a good side dish to every other drug.

But I do love a beer. Carlton Draught <3
I don't know when buying beer because it was cheap turned into a real love for the stuff, but I rarely drink anything else, and it's the only drink I crave. I've started drinking non alcoholic beers just because I love the taste.

I've done a homebrew once but I fucked it up by getting it too hot or putting too much sugar in or something and it tasted like an awful wine/beer combo. My brother is really good at them though and usually has one on the go and plenty of homebrews for me to steal. My father also makes alcohol out of anything, any fruit he can find, which turns out to be lots of weird things (lemons, boysenberries, apricots, and his horrible oatmeal whiskey are a few) Funnily enough my bro and dad hardly drink, but at least it leaves a lot of the creations for me.

Last edited:
How often do you guys 'go out' and just drink apposed to usin illicit drugs?

just drink booze and no other drugs inovled???? i cant remember the last time i ddid that yo

But drinking and mixing a few benzos whilest drinking. yeb i def do that some weekends :)

Back be4 my drug doing days, my best mate used to brew up the best moonshine ever, this shit is like 60% or so. we usually water it down to about 40-45ish (so noobs dont go too hard oon it and create epic vomit)

i remember one of our heaviest drinking weekends, between the 4 of us, we went thru 12litres of that stuff. lol

P.S. just saw footsys post. BIG UP ON CALTON DRAUGHT!!!! :> tis one of my fav summer beers too. the bottleo near me used to have 3long necks for 10bux! EL CHEAPO

I'm not even going to start posting in this thread, only going to open a can of worms....... :p

Let's just say I enjoy a drink more often than not, the older I've gotten the less shit I drink. By less shit I mean I'll turn my nose up at shit even if I feel like a drink.

I am a pretty big drinker myself these days, I never used to be but it is a few years now I have been drinking most days and it must be months since I went a day without one. Bourbon is my drink of choice but I like most spirits, I don't really drink wine or beer which my wallet hates me for but what can you do.

I definately think alcohol is an under rated drug by a lot of drug users, the right amount of alcohol puts me in a great, social mood that not that many drugs can live up to.

i agree with M_D, the good ol' grog is def an underated substance amongst most drug user/taker/abusers ^^

I get more energy out of booze provided the right amount, then any other drugs i've ever taken.
I'd even say, the good ol'grog brings out the ADD in me. You may even catch me doing a shuffle or two when i'm tanked up. Pretty much booze is the only substance that makes me wana get on the dance floor and show the new kiddies how to shuffle properly ^^

haha :D

I'm not a fan of alcohol... but I'll drink it for family events, and that sort of thing. Have to admit, it goes well with cigarettes (or at least makes me want to smoke packs at a time). :)

Bah. So many drug users are snobbish about alcohol. But drinking is fun. It's relaxing and it's social. What's not to like?

Alcohol is freely available, relatively cheap, and has a bunch of social rituals associated with it. You have it with meals, you have it in pubs by itself, you have it at gigs. You take it to parties and can share it easily, it doesn't make you paranoid or socially weird - in fact at the right dosages it lowers your inhibitions and makes you, and others, more fun. It also comes in a wide range of fun colours and flavours! The infinite complexities of good beer, wine, and whiskey are a wonderland of deliciousness just waiting to be explored.

Also, alcohol has the lowest addiction potential out of all the downers. I mean, if you like downers then what can you take? Opiates, benzos, and booze pretty much. And alcohol is the least likely to fuck up your entire life out of those three. Get into it.

^ I don't know about the statement that alcohol is the least dangerous... the statistics on the damage it does to society speak for themselves really.

Apart from the legal aspect, it is OK as a drug. The hangover is definitely not worth the fun the night before, and a lot of other substances I prefer don't leave me feeling like death the next day (most of the time).

How can alcohol possibly give you more energy than methamphetamine? I don't see how this could even be possible........

ive been a binge drinker for many years. had a few problems with it in the past. its got a lot of good and bad points, over all its ok. it really shines when its mixed with stimulants, other than that its quite a sloppy, mildly euphoric, messy substance which causes quite a few problems. ive always been able to handle my drink but i know quite a few people who it makes them emotionally volatile. only drink once or twice a week, but usually its a long binge. when i start drinking i always get the crave to carry the buzz on, keep getting fucked and mix drugs with it