• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2013/2014 nfl thread v. in a snowglobe in a dollar store

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason ProBowl is shit is that it doesn't mean anything. The equivalent game here for Rugby League is the State of Origin and it is played between NSW and QLD. It is truly mate against mate as club team mates are only selected from the state they are born, regardless of where they play now. It is accepted as the most intense and brutal games of the year, even more so that International Test matches, and people really care. It is nothing for players to fight players that they then line up a long side the following Saturday. It is tribalism at it's extreme.

Perhaps they should pick the ProBowl along the lines of the College conferences, SEC Allstars vs Pac !2 or Big 10. I bet it would mean alot to the players if they get to represent their colleges again. Failing that they should just get rid of the uniforms, set up bon fires on the beach and play scratch games like in POint Break....

I think they should offer big money incentives to the team that wins, and let the conference that wins decide whether to kick or receive in the SB.

Have it a be a real competitive game where the best qb from each conference plays the whose game so that its a real honor, and being a pro bowl winning QB actually matters, as of right now the only thing that matters is being selected. Dont have it right before the Superbowl so that it is completely overshadowed by the real big dance.

Preseason is pretty worthless.
I just tune in for the 2nd half of some games, that way you can actually check the guys who are trying to win roster spots.

There was one preseason game a couple of years ago where Payton Manning handed the ball off on the first series of the game and that was him done for the day
One snap
Its actually like an insult to the fans , most of whom pay decent $$ for these as a lot of teams include them as part of season tickets

As for the pro bowl, I think they should just move it to the week of the Superbowl and play it nearby on a Thursday night at 8 eastern.
At least that way some of the players will actually feel like they are part of a superbowl type week

Ie if the SB is at the rosebowl, play the PB at the Coliseum

bradford looked great, it's preseason, that doesn't mean everyone isn't actively trying to accomplish something

feels good to be watching 49er football again

ill probably never get over the SB loss, at least until the 49ers get #6

49ers offense shredding denvers 1st team defense

Kaepernick looks like he is gonna go godmode this year
two field goals and a loss. you must be delighted?

:)

alasdair

is it me or did the Dolphins re-color their unis?

or should I get my tv checked out?

Veldheer our only half decent lineman ( well Wiz Jr is decent) is out for at least 6 weeks.
No line means whomever is back there will get killed .

Oh well at least we have lots of cap space and likely a top draft pick next year.
Clowney time I guess

is it me or did the Dolphins re-color their unis?

or should I get my tv checked out?

They did. Usually I hate attempts to change or modernize NFL uniforms, but I'm really liking what I see out of them with the Dolphins.

The Jags had some new uniforms as well when the Dolphins played them on Friday, and they were ass ugly.

Lester-Hayes.jpg

25list_mainImage_298x360.jpg

Helmet-gloves-shades.jpg

Well we may suck but at least both of our uni's still look classic

Calling it right now. Danny Amendola top 10 in receiving yds this year

^ I would say that is borderline likely...... if he can play 16 games.

mApwHY8_zps267585f4.jpg

BahahahahaahahHAHAHAHhaha huh hmm

#isitfootballseasonyet?

Oh I think theyre going to deliver some points on the board, I just dont see how they are going to stop teams on defense. Too many young players or older veterans playing in a new position. I like Brandon Boykin but he's not ready to cover the other teams best player yet and may never get to that point just because of his size but he probably has the most playmaking ability out of the CBs because I honestly didnt even know who Cary Williams was until they signed him. I think Vick may actually have a decent year stat wise if he stays on the field but thats always been the caveat the other one being turnovers which they led the league in last year I think, if not real close to it.

Been watching preseason football today.

My god most of these announcers are horrible. They're either incompetent or horribly biased or both (the Cowboys announcers were especially bad).

The one exception so far is the Rams announcers, who are actually really good. Kudos to your team for that CR.

Motherfucker.

Finally, the Dolphins offense looks great.

Then, of course, in typical Dolphins fashion, Dustin Keller gets his ACL snapped into pieces.

Fucking shame to see that shit in the preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.