• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Testing Kit Unreliable Due To Small Amounts Of MDMA mixed in with active ingredients.

Thomas29

Bluelighter
I have been Reading that Dangerous Substances such as PMA could be Completely Tricked into Looking Like Pure MDMA By Mixing A Tad Bit Of It And Since No Test Kit can Test For PMA are Available. Also I Been Reading these So Called Tester Kits Like I don't Know if it Certain Ones But Only One I know of is Marquis and I think someone said MCPP or some Like Identified Lab Tested MDMA As A Piperazine Like HOLY FUCKING SHIT IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET HIGH THESE DAYS IS PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULLETTE WITH YOUR LIFE???

Yes, pretty much like that, drugs will always carry a risk until we can buy from a controlled source, and governments make it even more dangerous with these unregulated RC's that get sold as the real deal by street dealers.
Of all the options, PMA/PMMA is one of the most frequent substitute (in Europe) and the most dangerous too, causing extreme overheating and kicks in only 1,5-2hrs after ingestion. This could make people think they had weak stuff and take more but then it may be too late.
I think the best you can do is to use 3 reagents on MDMA pills or crystal/powder:
Marquis - should turn purple to black, doesn't react to PMMA
Mecke - should turn dark green for PMMA if present, light green to blue for MDMA
Ez Purity test - tells you that your sample has low, medium or high mdma content. Low content mdma (even or especially tested positive with marquis) is a big no-no IMHO.

Last edited:
Why Do You Type Like That? It's quite annoying to read.

Using a test kit is better than nothing, lab tests are even better. Nothing is a 100% certain though. Only way you can know for sure is if you are a qualified chemist and make your own MDMA + analyze it yourself :p.

You could try sending it to edata?? GCMS doesn't lie.
But test kits are pretty reliable like myr said with 3 reagents you can detect pma/other adulterants.

In countries where lab testing isn't a possibility, testing with several home kits is the best option. There also is a purity test available on the marked now. And always dose low with a new batch - even when it's from a reliable source and has passed home tests.

GCMS doesn't lie.

exactly. and neither does HPLC/MS. where lab testing is available it's best to reagent test (at least with marquis) before you buy (which can save you a lot of money/hassle) and then take it to a test centre before consumption. if that isn't available, you should definitely get the whole battery of reagents to rule out pma and some other contaminants as well as at least getting a rough idea of purity.

The EZtest Ketamine / Mandelin reagent will show up PMA/PMMA as a browny colour.

If you are in the UK you can get free lab analysis from the WEDINOS project

I SWEAR TO GOD ONE TIME I took two Purple Butterfly Pills And it was NOT MDMA idk But If I Had to Guess from the Symptoms I Had it was PMA And I Regret that Second Pill because I Believe it Nearly Or COULD OF killed Me I bet a 3rd Pill Or Another Half Of One Would Fucking Kill Me.

Yes, pretty much like that, drugs will always carry a risk until we can buy from a controlled source, and governments make it even more dangerous with these unregulated RC's that get sold as the real deal by street dealers.
Of all the options, PMA/PMMA is one of the most frequent substitute (in Europe) and the most dangerous too, causing extreme overheating and kicks in only 1,5-2hrs after ingestion. This could make people think they had weak stuff and take more but then it may be too late.
I think the best you can do is to use 3 reagents on MDMA pills or crystal/powder:
Marquis - should turn purple to black, doesn't react to PMMA
Mecke - should turn green for PMMA if present, doesn't react to MDMA
Ez Purity test - tells you that your sample has low, medium or high mdma content. Low content mdma (even or especially tested positive with marquis) is a big no-no IMHO.

Thank You VERY HELPFUL ADVICE Exactly What I Needed To Read. I Plan On Rolling Sometime this Feburary I do it once every six months so next time would be August But Fuck I Don't have a Regular Source Or Any Really Basically Meeting New People who Probably Don't even Know they got Bunk Asss Shit Dumb Kids Never ever tried REAL MDXX and they think the PMA is Fucking MDMA and then they can say " I Tried Ecstasy did Once did not get Addicted I Am Bad Ass." Lol if Anyone did MDMA for first time it would be Weeks before you could even STOP THINKING ABOUT HOW AMAZING those New Feeelings were LOL sorry for rant.

You are welcome :) Please don't use capital letters in every word, thanks.

It depends on where you live, many things get passed on as MDMA. In the US: mostly methylone, ethylone, a-pvp or MDA. In Europe: mostly piperazines, PMMA in tablets and shitloads of RC's in crystal/powder (ethylone, pentedrone, mCPP, a-pvp and so on) often mixed. So testing it is a must!

I'm glad to read you promote responsible sunstance use! This way you will never have to worry about negative aftereffects, tolerance or that MDMA looses it's novelty to you. Safe rolling! :)

yeah use the mandelin kit, that shows for PMA. I always stick to crystal anyway that way u can easily parachute a tiny one wait an hour or so and go from there....safety first!