Test your basic drug knowledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.Bingersworth said:
DOUBLE STACK the answer definatley should have been none of these!!

If it were to actually refer to something it would mean that they were barrell shaped pills (extra tall), but also dealers "refer" to double stack pills as being twice as strong. Clearly the term is ambiguous and makes for a bad question.

I disagree with this because of the "bullshit myth" factor. A lot of dealers that I have known, and some general all around dodgy and uninformed people have tried to sell me stuff that they claim is double stacked, meaning that it is twice the potency...

Usually this is complete and utter bollocks... mostly because your aveage dealer will have almost 0% chance of knowing the exact composition of the pills that he is selling, unless he/she has had them GC/MS tested, and not many people have a multi-million dollar GC/MS system just laying around.

So from this I think the point of the question was that if someone says to you that the pill is double stacked, then they most likely have no idea what they are talking about and are just trying to sell more dodgy shit because the press is bigger...

And as for the LSD being a tryptamine thing, i thought it wasn't either...

I mean lysergic acid diethylamide (or is that diethylamine i always get confused between amines and amides 8)) from that i don't get tryptamine, but then I just stupidly forgot that 2-CB was a phenethylamine and put in the wrong answer ;)

by the way, top quiz!! :)

CB :)

from tihkal

trypt-amine \ 'trip-ta-,men \ n. [tryptophan fr. tryptic, fr. trypsin, fr. Gk. tryein, to wear down (from its occurence in pancreatic juice as a proteolytic enzyme) + amine fr. NL ammonia] 1: A naturally occurring compound found in both the animal and plant kingdoms. It is an endogenous component of the human brain. 2: Any of a series of compounds containing the tryptamine skeleton, and modified by chemical constituents at appropriate positions in the molecule

now, while lsd DOES contain the tryptamine skeleton (look reeeaaal close, its in there somewhere), i feel that it is FAR too complex to be considered a tryptamine. later on in tihkal, in appendix h, you get a more detailed definition of tryptamines. i'm too lazy to type it all out, but going by the 7 rules listed, ergolines are most definately not tryptamines. now maybe i'm misinterpreting this (i'm too tired to read too deep into it), but its still my belief that lsd is not a tryptamine

^^^ Yeah, as soon as we are done with a few things, it will be re-opened.

Here are the final results. During the ten day period, a total of 1052 unique people completed the quiz. People who obviously abandoned the quiz halfway through were removed from consideration. Several people took the quiz anonymously, giving an unregistered name and leaving a bogus email address.

The average score, after removing the quitters, was 31/50. The median and mode was in the low 30's. So if you got somewhere in the 30/50 to 35/50 range, you had an average or typical score.

Flexistentialist got the highest score for all registered posters. In addition, 48 people should get an honorable mention for scoring 44/50 or higher. These people were in the upper 5% and here are their names in alphabetical order:

alert
aloowishus
applepies (anonymous)
Architeuthis
atlas
Blue Velvet
bluedolphin
breakadafuzz (anonymous)
ceryc
day_for_night
deko
diatribe
ebola
Flexistentialist
frizzantik
Fujicrow
gfresh27
go-ee
Grignard
Grim
ketamatic
Ketamike
little-e
Lizard24
Loki the Coyote
ME_AM_PRODUCT
mik82
mnmguy
n3cr0n_99
nagash
nano
narrative0
Negro-kitty
nickthecheese
ochanomizu
Roman Holiday
Ryebread
Sexthelovemaster (anonymous)
Shackin (anonymous)
shamanix
silverfucked
Skinner
Torch
troy (anonymous)
Tylerdurden
WhatAnOddGuy
Zeta
zorn

babydoc_vic, BigTrancer and forgotten did not take the quiz since they had already been exposed to the answers. They are too modest to say it, but under other circumstances their names would have also been on the above list.

Please remember that this was just a quick multiple choice quiz. It does give some idea about who really knows their stuff, but it is also possible for someone to be very strong in some areas but weak in others. As you know, the questions were diverse and someone with an excellent knowledge of MDMA might be completely lost when discussing IM/IV. And vice versa.

Thanks to the people who worked on this project. Hope the quiz helps people out. Let's try to do it again in the future. :)

Q17, Q32.

From the Quiz Answer List:
17 How long after taking cocaine can it be detected in urine for?

a. 1 – 2 days
b. 2 – 3 days
c. 4 – 5 days
d. 6 – 7 days

[...]

32 How long can PCP be detected by standard urine tests

a. 3 - 7 days
b. 30 days
c. 6 months
d. 1 year

*I intended to have it accept either of the 2 answers as correct, but it didn't work out that way. Don't feel bad, hardly anyone got it right.

From Erowid Drug Testing Vault (Basics):
Code:
[b]Substance      Urine     Hair           Blood[/b]
Cocaine        [b]4-5 days[/b]  up to 90 days  unknown
PCP            [b]3-7 days[/b]  up to 90 days  1-3 days

Just quickly wanted to check on the reference for these two questions, the answers seem fairly clearly spelt out by Erowid. I guess the 'safe' window for drug testing will vary from person to person, and with use levels, but from this resource it appears the answers 17(c) and 32(a) are clearly correct. Did an alternate reference cause the ambiguity?

BigTrancer :)

I would have liked to take it....

I was getting aggravated because it wouldn't come up, should have cross-posted in the drug forums. Unless I just didn't see it...

I'm working on getting it back up now. The reason it wasn't posted in other forums, is because we wanted to keep the volume of people down. This was our first attempt at this, so we had to make sure there weren't any problems with the program. I'll let you know when it's back up.

Darn! I was just getting around to taking this and now it's no longer available. :(

Let's do another one soon. :)

woop woop.. now if i could remember which ones i got wrong hehe

Ont he double stack thing: i marked none of these, and feel that none of these is the correct harm prevention answer.

/me kicks the dead horse again

Status
Not open for further replies.