• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Terrible trouble sleeping tried 120mg temazepam but now have ambien in the picture

Damien_Ominus

Greenlighter
Been sleeping horribly, Sleep apnea, just sleep deprived and concerned critical thinking may be impaired.
Note I have exceptionally high tolerance to benzos, Stupidly when I first found them ended up taking 8-10 mg of klonopin at once per day. I now broke the main addiction,Pain in the ass don't recommend it, But the drugs work. Last two weeks
benzo use back in play, was into opiates a little liberally, See the cycle lol ? Trying to ease/sleep off these few days of cold turkey opiate withdrawals, With no intent on starting again. I took the 120mg temazepam, at around 6:30am, Considering my tolerance it's proven ineffective, Would 10-15mg of ambien taken around 12 or 1pm cause a reaction to be concerned about? I have never taken and am Z-drug naive.
Thanks Guys

**past two weeks leading up. Tapered off with codeine from an oxy habit. when I was down to low doses of codeine I compensated with doses of benzos in the 5 -6mg range. Usually 180mg codiene morning and later on through out day consume the klonopin, So I think tolerance is at a point of "safety" again. But essentially I have no craving for them just high dose eases the withdrawal. Short course of rapid taper I'm doing here. Tired of being on things and where I live no access to clinics that actually handle illicit use without some serious coin.

I would just try and lie down and see if the sleep comes because 120 mg temazepam is a pretty big dose. The way you've explained it, five hours has gone by right? Both gabapentin and clonidine are helpful with opiate withdrawals. I highly recommend talking with your physician about your sleep apnea problem as opposed to taking loads of medications. Do you use a c-pap device when you go to bed?

To answer your question, no I would not advise adding ambien at this point.

A short term help for apnea is sleeping with pillows lifting your body slightly upright so slightly sitting up at an angle if you usually lie on tour back and biotene mouthwash.

C-pap machines require a sleep study. They are awful. Yuck. Get your adenoids out and laser up that droopy soft palate. But short term sleep so your head is raised above your heart.

I think ambien would make the apnea weird vivid dreams and disrupted NREM sleep even worse. Go and see if you can get other sleep aids. Seroquel works a treat.

Currently awaiting date for sleep study, was 393lbs had horrible apnea, not helped by my obvious choice of vices. Down to 213 so can't used pre assigned C pap. I find typically temazepam of little effect knowing benzos and how I react, I went high on the dose. Lost the weight,want to lose the drugs but, always seem to involve. Yet another drug to do so lol the opiate withdrawals have really subsided third day cold on any form of opiate. Probably should just smoke a damn joint and head the lessons learned lol

Losing weight takes time m8. I dunno where you live but a m8 of mine in Australia was overweight and had ptsd so no sleep and was prescribed halcion.

Dunno what that is but you could ask.

Sleep studies ate designed to just sell you a machine. You can investigate the surgery as its better than having that shit thing attached all night

Good ole US, As I can tell from your vernacular you probably have better health care systems lol But I was in bad shape 393lbs addicted to oxy,drinking, Sick thing of a human. But hit that rock bottom. Took charge have most of the issues sorted out, Just dealing with lingering physical addictions. My mind is actually much healthier the less meds I take. But the hedonist in me doesn't wanna shake and shiver in withdrawal. Even off blood pressure meds with the effort I put in. These drugs are great tools but damn, we need to learn moderation. I'm planning on the surgery this time around, Losing that much weight affords one ability to earn a living lol Thanks for input and shared gained insight !