• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Tennessee sends agents to Bonnaroo to collect taxes on illegal drugs

previouslyhere said:
Also, with Rochester in upstate NY taking the cake for the highest murder rate (PER CAPITA) in the country multiple years in a row, I think they have better priorities up there

<----- rochester ny born n raised...off topic but i had to shout out (damn,previouslyhere- you know someone up here who got busted with cid? i haven't seen cid in forever around here)
even here, i think drug laws depend alot upon the color of your skin and who you know and how much $$$ your family has.
Rochester city cops often turn a blind eye to all the white suburban kids buyin crack/coke/heroin in the city

Isn't the favorite ignorant logic regarding needle exchanges that they find it hard to tell the public how bad drugs are, yet supply needles for them, and thus keep many needle exchanges from opening...

isn't it the same principle with taxation?

drugs are illegal but that doesn't mean we shouldn't tax it.

it makes no fucking sense.

Needle exhcnages wouldn't be needed if the government didn't pass bullshit laws restricting them in the first place.

But the internet has mostly obliterated the need for needle exchanges, unless you're too poor to afford 3 dollars.

I was just at Bonnaroo, and there were a SHITLOAD of cops. It's never been like that before, we had a couple deputy sheriffs pass within 30 feet of our campsite while we were rolling a joint.

It's weird though, there were all these cops, but they were extremely lax at the gate, we didn't even get asked about glass bottles (let alone an actual looksee). We saw two K-9 units rolling down a street, apparently busting innocent randoms, it's just fucked up.

At Wakarusa, on the other hand, there were only 13 arrests; shitloads of cops (it's in a state park), but they were mostly confiscating shit.

I just got back yesterday from bonnaroo, It wasn't too bad, we were able to come in with 2 ounces of boomers and 3 handles of liquor(glass), the guys at the gate didn't seem to give a shit about anything, i was in a van packed full of 8 peoples crap, and the "guard" only looked over the stuff on the top and under our seats. They told us to have a safe and fun time and sent us on.

There was a large force of deputy sheriffs out on four wheelers, but they didn't even have guns or handcuffs on them. There were a few actual police cars driving around on the main road but they seemed nice and were actually happy to see all these people there. I got a few hits of acid from a guy who was walking by our tent setup and came by and asked if we wanted molly or acid, that he needed the money. We got about 20 hits total of some seemingly good acid, he even stayed around till we all started tripping, It turned out to be really good....

The vibes seemed to be pretty good but the "bonnaroo safety officers" could be very bitchy. They only seemed to care about glass bottles/pipes. But I went into centaroo twice with my piece and the guard just looked right by it in my camel bak. The drugs were plenty, but it seemed that LOTS of people just came to sell drugs then get the fuck out when they made their money. I only saw one person get searched, but he was really drunk and making a scene....

all in all it was fun, but I'm not sure if I will venture there next year, I'll have to see.....

You guys to quit complaining and just come to California. Its a world of difference.

yellodolphin said:
cool this is the future of drug policy
Are you being sarcastic? People getting their car and whatever money they have on their person stolen by the side of the road by "tax collectors", and being told they will be sent a bill for whatever that didn't cover?! And they are still on the hook for legal consequences, if thats a good future I'd hate to see your definition of bad!

All this does is add a $5,000 tax bill on top of the fines and legal hassles and potential incarceration when someone is busted.

If you mean drugs should be legal and taxed like anything else I agree fully, but the taxes will have to be reasonable not more then 100% of blackmarket value.

garuda said:
If you mean drugs should be legal and taxed like anything else I agree fully, but the taxes will have to be reasonable not more then 100% of blackmarket value.

Am I the only one who thinks that drugs should be legal and not taxed. Does the government really have to have its hand in the everything? In my town, when someone calls the law it's usually not because someone's done something illegal, but because somebody pissed someone off. And if you do, you better be prepared for someone to call the law on you. Everyone's doing something illegal but usually no one gets arrested, but pretty shook up, the cops are all too stupid to notice usually. It's just a way of screwing with people.

how do you tax something that's illegal? that's the most absurd shit i've ever heard of in my life. why don't they just say if you get caught with weed on a wednesday the penalty is doubled, and tripled if its the third wednesday of the month? or pass the Official Drug Awareness Blowjob Act of 2007 requiring everyone caught with weed to give the arresting officer a blowjob? that would make exactly as much sense and be exactly as constitutional.

Hey I knew this chick that gave her bf a bj then used mouthwash, then got pulled over and failed the breathalizer because of the alcohol in the mouthwash. She told the cop she had just used mouthwash, and he asked her, why did you just use mouthwash, and she said cause she just gave her bf a bj, so guess what the cop made her do?? ...True story...