• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Temazepam and Nyquil

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I am a hermit but one of my friends came over and even though she wasn't sick I think since she has kids she gave me something. I've been sick for 5 days and today had crazy anxiety so took my Temazepam. I then took the Nyquil (says every 4 hours but max 4x a day? woke up too early for that calculation to work lol)

Anyway, I feel much better. I smoked some good medical nug which is significantly stronger than most around but only smoked a few bowl trips. I am wondering if this combination is something others have felt relief from?

I woke up earlier than usual and took my pain meds earlier than normal. Was worried I'd take my last Oxy around this time but my neck and shoulder actually feel relaxed. I am on Clonazepam but does Temazepam also have muscle relaxant properties?

Also, what exactly does the stuff is Nyquil do? What is it? I know they removed the alcohol but I am obviously over 21 years old and she asked for ID to purchase 2 bottles of it LOL. The world is crazy.

Thanks in advance

Hey all,

I am a hermit but one of my friends came over and even though she wasn't sick I think since she has kids she gave me something. I've been sick for 5 days and today had crazy anxiety so took my Temazepam. I then took the Nyquil (says every 4 hours but max 4x a day? woke up too early for that calculation to work lol)

Anyway, I feel much better. I smoked some good medical nug which is significantly stronger than most around but only smoked a few bowl trips. I am wondering if this combination is something others have felt relief from?

I woke up earlier than usual and took my pain meds earlier than normal. Was worried I'd take my last Oxy around this time but my neck and shoulder actually feel relaxed. I am on Clonazepam but does Temazepam also have muscle relaxant properties?

Also, what exactly does the stuff is Nyquil do? What is it? I know they removed the alcohol but I am obviously over 21 years old and she asked for ID to purchase 2 bottles of it LOL. The world is crazy.

Thanks in advance
Temazepam has great muscle relaxant properties.

The 1st generation antihistamine Doxylamine in the Nyquil is what's responsible for it's sedating effects.

Hey all,

Thanks in advance

@pally pete answered your question quite well. (y)

I just wanted to add that Nyquil also contains DXM (Dextromethorphan). DXM has various pharmacological properties that may also play a role depending on the does that you took. DXM has a relatively wide range of activity counting NMDA antagonism with SNRI properties as well as being a prodrug for dextrorphan it's stronger sibling known for it's role in mediating the dissociative experience in the so called "Robo Trip" (See Note) among them. DXM is also a sigma σ1 receptor agonist IIRC. Anecdotally DXM has been used to help reduce tolerance. As well as to help relieve the symptoms of opioid withdrawal. So it's possible Dextromethorphan as well as the Doxylamine Succinate found in Nyquil played a role in your "feeling better".

I'm guessing by you're mentioning of the 21 & over that you're in the ole USA. I believe that requirement is in place in some stores due to people "Robo Tripping" (See Note) on the DXM contained within.

(NOTE: Don't ever "Robo Trip" using Nyquil! Nyquil also contains acetaminophen which is toxic! If you wish to "Robo Trip" please use a product only containing Dextromethorphan & no other active ingredients!)

^^^^ what an excellent and right on, in depth answer to your question!

The people at BlueLight know SO much! You guys should be doctors and pharmacist’s!
I am always So impressed!

Yes Future they answered in detail! I am glad you are feeling better !
Pass the joint please! 😃

Last edited:
I think I may need a doctor I've been sick since the 2nd or 3rd but I am feeling better, it must be the flu I'm not sure but I was drinking much alcohol and literally feel pains in my liver these past few weeks. Hoping it is just a bruised rib or something pulled from coughing. Thanks for all the answers!

Why does Severe Flu have less 20200112_100820-1512x2016.jpgDXM than regular Nyquil? 30MG in Regular, only 20 in Severe? Very odd.

Because the other one also has phenylephrine 10 mg.
so, it has an additional ingredient.
It probably contains less dextromethorphan due to the DXM being a cough suppressant.
It looks like the phenylephrine is a nasal decongestant.

They don't want to suppress phlegm too much as you need to get it out when you are sick.
Either by coughing or blowing your nose.

It might make people too drowsy too! Normal people who are not us! 😂

if your Liver is hurting, be careful! No alcohol my friend. Or cut it way back!
Drink tons of WATER! Keep drinking water!

watch the color of your skin and eyes. If you notice a yellow cast to your skin or yellow in the whites of your eyes,
Go to a Hospital! And tell them the truth so they can help you!
If you start noticing a horrible smell coming off you, itchy skin, confusion, itching in your liver, stinging in your liver.
If your stomach starts to swell and bulge out-
Get to the hospital! immediately!!

Liver Failure is no joke and it is SO, SO painful and deadly!
My name is not ”Painful One” for no reason!

watch for the symptoms. Cut down or stop the alcohol if you can, drink lots of water and soak in a hot bath or shower.
sweat some of those toxins out!

please check in and let us know how you are doing.
We Love and care about you my friend!

Take care!
Hope and pray you feel better soon!

PS: Have a nice Netflix binge while you are down. May I suggest “The Witcher”.

You may want to see a doctor.

Just go over to an Instacare. They are good and are never that busy. They get you in and out.
They can give you some cough syrup with some codeine and phenergan in it.
phenergan for nausea.

Then you can come home and make you some purple drank while you smoke some purple dank! Haha!
Get well soon! Don’t ignore that liver pain!
💋🌹