• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Temazapam not working!

Mr. Peabody

Greenlighter
been searching for long time & can't find info.have been taking 30mgs. of Temazapam at night for sleep, not working any longer. can I double up & still be safe? Or should I just stop taking it for a while & go without proper sleep? Thank You in advance.

been searching for long time & can't find info.have been taking 30mgs. of Temazapam at night for sleep, not working any longer. can I double up & still be safe? Or should I just stop taking it for a while & go without proper sleep? Thank You in advance.

You can double the dose and still be physically safe.. but your tolerance and dependence will increase. How long have you been taking benzos for sleep? It might be difficult to stop if its been everynight for years. Have you tried taking some otc sleep aides ontop of your current dose? Benadryl or doxylamine. Maybe even melatonin or kava. Thats what I did when I was trying to cut down my xanax dose at night now I dont take any.

Considering benzos are for the short term treatment of insomnia like 7-10 days*(Not that i followed that and lets just say it went horribly the best way i can describe it is like a snowball rolling down a hill it just kept getting bigger and bigger) and drugs.com lists the dosage range for adults with insomnia 7.5-30 mg i would talk to your doctor about different options for treating your insomnia and possibly tapering off.

Thanks to both Pickled & Nach. I have melatonin & will try tonight.Dr. is supposed to get in touch,but that could take a while.

Thanks to both Lemons & d1,been on Temazepam for roughly 1 yr. 30 mgs./night. have tried melatonin,W/little effect.stopped the temazepam last night & see how it goes.

Thanks to both Lemons & d1,been on Temazepam for roughly 1 yr. 30 mgs./night. have tried melatonin,W/little effect.stopped the temazepam last night & see how it goes.

Melatonin is probably the least effective out of the ones I've mentioned. A drowsy anti histamine will probably work better. And you might already have some in your medicine cabinet. Diphenhydramine, hydroxyzine, doxylamine, seroquel...

Also sleep hygiene is important aspect when dealing with insomnia. You can google it for good tips.

Essentially don't use any electrical gadgets before going to bed and especially while in bed and remember to dim your lights well in advance and don't work out in the evening or eat a huge amounts of food.

Dietary rhythm is essential for sleeping well in my opinion.

Mr. Peabody it's little late but if you were on Temazepam for a year you could be experiencing withdrawal symptoms. No idea to what extent because it's halflife feels pretty short and assuming you took it at night only. Hope you are ok.

Don't you find Temazepam way to recreational to function as sedative. There are a lot of benzodiazepinen that would suit me better if the goal was sleeping.

Dietary rhythm is essential for sleeping well in my opinion.
\

Get that, I have a bad habit of eating a lot and then passing out in bed. The following day the sleep feels less refreshing then usual. Like a hangover from sleeping with an active digesting system. And it fucks up your eating schedule the next day. Yeah I definitely have to stop that shit. I believe 20 o'clock till ... your body should be digesting food and from ..... till ... cleaning up. Then wake up eat and repeat. Something like that right?