Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

220px-Four_Lions_poster.jpg

Despite the 7.8 rating on imdb I thought it was the biggest load of non funny bollocks I've managed to watch till the end in the hope it might get funny or interesting which failed for a long while.

Last edited:
^ doh!

Barry_Lyndon_A.jpg

wanted to watch something long and engaging while i chillax and come up on me pills. imo i made a damn good choice as i never saw it before and been revisiting the work of stanley recently (2001, dr. strangelove, eyes wide shut)

btw this kid @ http://www.collativelearning.com/FILMS reviews BY ROB AGER.html writes some interesting film analysis about some of kubrick's films. worth a look imo and even if his thoughts aren't totally accurate they do cause my brain to think new thoughts about movies i haven't thought before.

I saw Takers. The movie was pretty good even though it was predictable. It was worth it just to see Idris Elba in his draws...Prime packaging right there.

Oh yeah and watching Chris Brown's athleticism was alright too.

Single White Female:
single-white-female-907329l.jpg

For some reason I felt compelled to watch this last night.

wicker.jpg

I just watched The Wicker Man. I liked it, I'm sure the Nicholas Cage version sucked balls. There was plenty of that nice and grainy 70s nudity. The scene where to bartender's daughter dances around her room nude, banging on the walls was probably my favorite.

Puppet Master - Axis of Evil (2010)

Puppet-Master.jpg

Well, consider that this is the 10th installment of the franchise. For those that know anything of the series, the first was kinda cool, second sucked, and it quickly declined from there. So, we've got *this* version which is set back in the time when the original creator made the puppets - so you could hope for a bit of a return to the original....not so much. Filming was okay, story was meh, acting was f'n horrible....absolutely horrible. Plot? Well, we do have a 4F soldier wannabe who gets the puppets to help fight the Nazis and Japs in the homeland, so they actually picked something that could almost be believed as a starting point, but the acting is so bad you can't stand it, you can't even suspend belief for the sake of the puppets.

Argh. Save yourself, skip this. Not the worst film ever made, but the only real reason to watch is if you are a fan of the puppets.......and even they get shorted for screen time and involvement :\ Skip this.

Also, this past weekend, I managed to watch

Cronos (1993)

cronos.jpg

Written (screenplay) and Directed by Guillermo del Toro; filmed in Mexico for ~$2 MUSD.... The plot is of a device made by an alchemist in the 1500's that provides extended life, which is used by accident by an antiques dealer who doesn't know what's happening to him or the price he'll pay for it. All in all, a very good flick. The quality of the filming is good, authentic, enjoyable. The acting is pretty good as well, though the only full American in there (so you can understand without an accent or subtitles) is Ron Perlman, and tbh it felt like his acting was the worst in the film :\

Still, if you are cool with subtitles, and have a taste for the macabre, then it could be worth your time to give this a viewing.

The original nightmare on elm street. And I was trippin. 8)

Lisa Lampanelli -Airplaines...

04-lisa-lampanelli-893699_1.jpg

This dirty, slutty whore is funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny !!!!!! Oh I love her!

half of Where the Wild Things Are

not gonna bother to watch the rest.

Puppet Master - Axis of Evil (2010)

Puppet-Master.jpg

Well, consider that this is the 10th installment of the franchise. For those that know anything of the series, the first was kinda cool, second sucked, and it quickly declined from there. So, we've got *this* version which is set back in the time when the original creator made the puppets - so you could hope for a bit of a return to the original....not so much. Filming was okay, story was meh, acting was f'n horrible....absolutely horrible. Plot? Well, we do have a 4F soldier wannabe who gets the puppets to help fight the Nazis and Japs in the homeland, so they actually picked something that could almost be believed as a starting point, but the acting is so bad you can't stand it, you can't even suspend belief for the sake of the puppets.

Argh. Save yourself, skip this. Not the worst film ever made, but the only real reason to watch is if you are a fan of the puppets.......and even they get shorted for screen time and involvement :\ Skip this.

Are you serious? There have been 10 Puppet Master movies? I remember watching the first when I was younger. The doll that vomited leeches sticks out in memory. That movie was so lame it was funny. I haven't seen the many sequels though.

Yeah....freakin' 10 of em :\ They have to be making someone some money somehow.....but they need to just stop.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Wolfman (2010)

Wolfman-TP_0049R-590x318.jpg

Good one. Absolutely recommended :D

^^Trying to sell this as a 'date movie', will I get away with it?

theres something fulfilling about watching casablanca with a gram of coke....

Well, its got a lot better chance of being 'date' material than the rest of my viewings as of late ;) Thanks.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rohtenburg (2006) (aka Fangoria Frightfest - Grimm Love (2009) )

51KUfoZoDnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pretty cool. I agree with the IMDB reviews that share enjoyment of the filming (dark, depressive, relatively slow pace to set up characters) and the lingering question of why this version cast Keri Russel as an American student researching the two real characters of the story :\ Now, I think she's hot (enough, at least), but she's strictly there as a narrative, or perhaps as a way to guide the audience in what they should feel and how they ought react 8) Either way, it could have been done well enough without her role. I'll have to check out Cannibal (2006) to see the different, more gruesome and direct take on this story.

For those not aware, the story is based on the true events of two men in Germany. One with 'issues' such that he wants to eat someone, and another with 'issues' such that he wants to be eaten....so the internet allows them to hook up and get it on.