• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Tell Me About Your (Low-to-Moderate Dose) Ketamine Experiences?

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
I have severe depression that is somewhat treatment resistant. I'm currently on three anti-depressants (Sertraline, Quetiapine, Trazodone) and they've taken my depression from being very severe, with psychosis to it being mild depression. I've gotten worse of the last few months and I'd say the depression has increased to moderate and it's now almost every day whereas before it was occasional, brief episodes.
After much pleading and reasoning, my doctor has finally agreed to consider allowing me to have the (either Ketamine or Esketamine) infusions.
I've not only never had Ketamine before, I've never done psychedelics or dissociatives. The closest I've gotten is DXM (but never past the second plateau) and one time I accidentally overdosed on Diphenhydramine* and heard voices whispering everywhere but I fell asleep pretty fast,

What can I expect from the (Es)Ketamine?

*I had an allergic reaction where the main symptom was hives with INTENSE itching and I ended up taking like 14 of them to make it stop.

What can I expect from the (Es)Ketamine?
I think it was Leary who said the first effect of Ketamine is a reduction in anxiety caused by not knowing how ketamine will affect you lol. But yeah IMO, low dose ketamine is generally anxiolytic. It's not until you get to higher doses where it can be very weird/disorienting. That being said, I don't really get the same sort of anti depressant effect from ketamine, and if I do, its temporary, maybe 3 days.

Low dose is generally tolerated very well by most people. There's a reason it's one of the most popular drugs on the planet. To me, low dose is relaxing, anxiolytic, and sociable (kind of like alcohol, I'm just looser), however for me personally, there is a pretty fine line. Too much and I do not want to be socializing at all, and I'd rather just be in my bed.

By the way, I find esketamine way less wonky/trippy/heavy as racemic ketamine. I like it, but then if I take racemic or R afterwards, I feel like the S is super weak. It's probably more ideal for treating depression.

An advantage of ketamine IMO, is it is pretty short lasting, so if youre not enjoying it, just wait. Keep dosage low until you know your comfort level.

Last edited:
Well... I for one think these Ketamine treatments are a good idea and wish I could try them out. I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type with major depressive disorder. I just need to find a doctor that would give me one of these treatments. How common is it that you could get an antidepressant treatment like this ? Is it hard to get an appointment ?