• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Teen Kills 4 in DUI, Escapes Jail Sentence

This is fucking obscene.

The whole premise of the defence is that the spoiled brat's actions were due to the fact that he's never had to deal with any consequences, so the judge's response is to continue the trend? Where is the logic in that?

If this kid was poor or black or Mexican he would be in prison for a long time.

to right it is hate drink drivers scum of the earth

A 450,000 dollar a year treatment facility!!!!

So he gets to go on vacation for a few years then is what there saying?? I bet he will have his own private chef, pool, Jacuzzi then get a little work out in and a massage. Sounds lovely really.

A 450,000 dollar a year treatment facility!!!!

So he gets to go on vacation for a few years then is what there saying?? I bet he will have his own private chef, pool, Jacuzzi then get a little work out in and a massage. Sounds lovely really.
my thoughts exactly.. sign me up.

So, treating him like this cause he's spoiled really isn't going to change that little fact! Just help him be more spoiled, and continue thinking he can do whatever he wants cause there are no consequences--that's what they're telling him.

If that's true, then why aren't the parents going to jail?!

Fucking texas for you, money will get you out of anything down there, it would seem

I wonder what his sentenced would be if he gets revoked.. which i'm guessing he will. 10 years is alot of time to do on probation.

He would most likely end up doing the 10 years 6 months at a time. Still a better outcome for him then 5 years in the pen and 5 probation.

If only affluenza ware contagious. I catch that shit asap. It's already been said but I don't think the justice system is done w/him. Not wishing any bad, just sayin.

Please Excuse Davontaye, He Suffers From Povertenza

Basically, Couch was coddled his entire life and now his punishment is more coddling.

On the flip side, there are millions of under-privileged youth across America, that have lived under the worst conditions imaginable. They’ve witnessed murders, endured hunger, and survived sexual abuse. However, upon committing a crime, they are handed down the harshest prison sentences imaginable. As I’ve pointed out before, many youth spend years in prison for crimes they didn’t commit because they didn’t have enough money to sway the justice system or get proper legal counsel. It’s a non-laughable joke.

If “Affluenza” is real, then I posit that my newly coined “Povertenza” be considered. Instead of jumping to fill up prisons, let’s start putting youth from disadvantaged backgrounds in treatment facilities. This would be ideal, but it won’t happen because there is too much money to be made. This is one of the reasons why Judge Mark Ciavarella Jr was able to sell 5,000 children to prisons.

Disgraced Pennsylvania judge Mark Ciavarella Jr has been sentenced to 28 years in prison for conspiring with private prisons to sentence juvenile offenders to maximum sentences for bribes and kickbacks which totaled millions of dollars. He was also ordered to pay $1.2 million in restitution.

In the private prison industry the more time an inmate spends in a facility, the more of a profit is reaped from the state. Ciavearella was a figurehead in a conspiracy in the state of Pennsylvania which saw thousands of young men and women unjustly punished and penalized in the name of corporate profit. – Examiner

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/povertenza-alroy/

I found this even more surprising since it's in Texas. They execute more people on Death Row than any other state.

No counter-suit by any of the victims families or did they all receive out-of-court settlements?

I think a rich minority could have gotten a similar deal.

The only color that matters is green.

This also isn't the first time that Young Lord Couch was caught drunk driving. He really is a scumbag. I'm hoping somewhere down the line a family member of one of the victims decides to enact the punishment he should have received.

I sat in jail for 4.5 months for having a needle and retail theft.
This angers me.

^ I hear you. It angers me, too.
The system is broken.
People who have drugs are treated like scum, though drugs can only hurt the person themself, who chooses to use them.
Rich people - especially if they are white - tend to get off easy.
I wonder how long people will stand for it?
Then again, it has always been like this, or much much worse... :(

Ethan Couch, the drunken driving 'affluenza' teen, missing from probation

To the families of his victims, Texas teen Ethan Couch got off easy with 10 years' probation after killing four people while driving drunk. Now his probation officer can't find him, Couch's attorneys said.

"The juvenile probation officer has been unable to make contact with Ethan or his mother with whom he has been residing," attorneys Scott Brown and William Reagan Wynn said this week.

(...)

Prosecutors had asked for 20 years behind bars, but in December 2013, a Tarrant County juvenile court judge sentenced Couch to 10 years' probation. Couch was ordered into long-term mental health treatment away from his parents' influence.

After his recent disappearance, a court ordered Couch arrested. At the time of his conviction, prosecutors said Couch could face up to 10 years of incarceration if he violated the terms of his probation.

cont at
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/16/us/texas-affluenza-drunken-driving-teen-missing/

I am keeping tabs on this guy, and must admit that I am pleased to think that he might end up going to jail for this.

I am keeping tabs on this guy, and must admit that I am pleased to think that he might end up going to jail for this.

I am not pleased he is going to jail. The kid made a horrible mistake and people died. But it was an accident. The kid did not intentionally kill anyone. When I was in high school me and my friends drove highly intoxicated many times. Only good fortune kept ourselves and the public at large safe. Granted I am sure I would have gone to adult prison had the worst happened because I am not rich. But I see that as a fault of our "justice system" not this kids. Lets be angry that we have a system where money can buy you out of trouble. Besides this whole new outrage is over the kid playing beer pong at a private residence. Something that I bet every single bluelighter was doing at his age. There is no evidence tat he drove drunk again or put anyone in danger. Like I said the whole witch hunt mentality around this kid is clouding the real issue. Which is that out courts are not fair at all. Prison is considered a place too bad to send the rich.