• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Teen could face life after cops find pot brownies

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
ROUND ROCK, Texas (AP) — A Texas teenager accused of making and selling brownies laced with marijuana and hash oil is facing a punishment that could include anywhere from five years to life in prison.

Nineteen-year-old Jacob Lavoro was arrested in April when Round Rock police searched his apartment and found the 1.5 pounds of brownies. Police say they also found additional marijuana and hash oil, leading to a felony charge.

Authorities say hash oil is a controlled substance with much harsher state penalties than marijuana.

cont at
http://www.sfgate.com/news/texas/article/Texas-teen-faces-life-term-for-pot-brownies-5492631.php

What a sad definition of "justice".

I wonder if the same voices that say "he knew what he was doing; do the crime, do the time"
in threads about Aussies getting decades in jail in Indonesia for possessing a gram or two of weed will pop up here?

Fucking cops go and ruin some poor kids life over fucking brownies! That is fucking insane. I know people who have been up on manslaughter and ended up doing less then 5 years ffs. It's shit like this that makes everyone hate coppers

I almost didn't believe this when I heard a news report earlier. Marijuana-misdemeanor but hash oil=1st degree felony? Unreal

I believe it's similar in Canada, any extract is prosecuted much more heavily than just raw flowers.

Wonder how much of the teen's property the pigs have stolen seized.

I believe it's similar in Canada, any extract is prosecuted much more heavily than just raw flowers.

is that a new law brought in by our Führer i mean prime minister ol Stevie and his many band of hicks? I always though all Cannabis products where treated the same in Canada. Although they did bring in mandatory minimum sentencing namely 6 months for 6 lousy fucking plants! The quicker we can get that cunt out of office the better. That Neo-Conservative corporate lackey has driven Canada back into the stone age ffs.

I think all cannabis is treated the same in Canada extract or buds it doesn't matter. At least the last time I checked it was

Beyond a joke. I feel for the guy and all the others worldwide who have suffered at the hands of incredibly unjust laws relating to cannabis.

He could also face 5 years. This title is sensationalist as shit.

but, yes. These laws are clearly outdated.. just because someone CAN be sentenced to life does not mean they WILL however.

What amazes me is the fact that in Colorado which is part of the UNITED states, its totally legal, but then in Texas another part of the UNITED States, a kid could face life for the same shit. Very messed up. People we gotta stop this.

We have the same shit here in Aus on a much smaller scale, in the ACT it's ok to grow a plant or two outside and being caught with weed isnt such a big deal, but in WA or QLD they are much stricter. The laws vary from state to state. Which is stupid.

It would be fantastic if each state and territory grew and sold it and taxed it just like alcohol or tobacco. The money from tax alone should be enough to win over the politicians but here it doesn't seem to be the case and I am not sure why, I guess it might have something to do with what this case is about, jailing people and keeping the courts and cops and barristers and all the rest in jobs and paid. Which is fucked.