Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Teen Addicted To Heroin 'Cheese' Speaks Out

erosion

Bluelight Crew
Teen Addicted To Heroin 'Cheese' Speaks Out
CBS, Dallas, TX
March 7, 2007

Crime among teens in Dallas County, Texas, has gone up 40 percent and four people have died of drug abuse this school year. Officials attribute this to the heroin-based drug known as "Cheese," reports KTVT-TV in Dallas.

Officials say there are thousands of teens addicted to the drug, and the devastation it can do to the liver and brain is astounding.

One former Dallas Independent School District student shared her battled with addiction. The teen did not want to reveal her identity.

"I would get a lot," she said. "Me and my friends would share it." All this occurred within the halls of Thomas Jefferson High School in Dallas.

"I mainly did it at school because it's easiest to get it at school," she said. "Sometimes the kids would do it right behind the teacher, like when she turned her back."

The girl was 15 when she nearly overdosed from Cheese. The teen said she did the drug twice an hour.

Now 17, the girl is back on track. But it has been a long road to recovery. She admitted the dangerous mix of Tylenol and heroin consumed her life. She stole cash from family and went through the detoxification process twice.

Her story is not uncommon.

"I think we're talking about thousands of kids at this point," said Executive Director of the Dallas County Health and Human Services Zach Thompson. "It's not only in northwest Dallas, but it's moved to the suburban communities."

Health officials are teaming up with several agencies that hope to help addicts with treatment and help families with aftercare.

"We have to open up new treatment facilities," Thompson said. "It may be Cheese today or something else tomorrow, but since we are dealing with this highly addictive drug, we need to get individuals in."

"It's not a good feeling to go through," the teen said. "It's not worth all the respect you have toward your parents."

Link

If i heard right this "Cheese" bullshit is like 10% heroin or some other lame ass shit like that. in one report it said it was on average 2%. 8(

lame....

So really you'd be better off just buying a box of Co-Codamol?

n4k33n said:
"I mainly did it at school because it's easiest to get it at school," she said. "Sometimes the kids would do it right behind the teacher, like when she turned her back."

thats way funny :D

I imagine real dope is around there, then why would anyone buy that trash? It just doesn't make any sense.

It might be that dealers knew they could rip off kids by selling them heroin with tylonol pm. What better way to make money than hyping that as a drug itself? Besides, if they make it weak enough, people won't OD like with heroin, and its probably more socially accepted between their peers.

Cheese FTW!

i agree with n4k33n, i bet it would be socially accepted in peer groups, because it has a goofy name. yea its heroin, but as long as ppl dont call it that, whatever right?

i like how they implicitly describe heroin as toxic to the brain and liver

Is this like some form of homebake ?

Manufacture

The “homebake” process involves use of the reagent pyridine hydrochloride to convert the codeine to morphine by removing the methyl- group. The brown morphine powder produced by this process is in the form of crude morphine base. This is generally reacted with acetic anhydride to give a brown or black tarry residue which contains a mixture of heroin, 3- and 6-monoacetylmorphines, morphine and other impurities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Bake

agh I hate that fucking slang... Basically highschool fags don't wanna smoke or shoot black tar so they "cut it" with some diphenhydramine product(WHY? it burns soooo much, why not just use talcom powder or dry it up and chop??) Yea anyways black tar sucks, and the reason they make it, to lazy to get precursers, doesn't do anything to dispell the stereotype that mexicans are lazy, seriously I hate the term cheese its as stupid as calling heroin hepa and neuro toxic.8( 8( 8(

also there are absolutely not thousands of kids addicted to "cheese" tops in all of dallas maybe 300, I say that with all seriousness.:X

"It's not only in northwest Dallas, but it's moved to the suburban communities."

Northwest dallas is a suburb... its plano, the deffinition of a suburb, even the name is suburban.

If I recall, there were a bunch of cases of highschoolers snorting heroin and getting addicted/OD'd in plano several years ago. I think that somehow the kids think that snorting "cheese" isn't the same thing as snorting street heroin. They rationalize somehow that while only junkies use heroin, it's ok to use cheese. Or something like that. You get what I'm trying to say.

What better way to make money than hyping that as a drug itself?

So you're saying the user doesn't actually know its heroin? Or that they think its safe due to the lower purity and cut?

Also, does anyone know how this started? Was it a marketing ploy to get younger users(as the media seems to imply)? Or, is it just an issue of maximizing profit?

getting younger users ISan issue of profit maximization. Heroin has such a horrible rep/stigma attached to it. Kids will pop OC80's like they're candy, and wouldn't touch H. If you could overcome the stigma (by somehow differentiating it from the evil H), you'd have a huge new market. I'm guessing that's what they're going for. 'Ecstasy' probably wouldn't have caught on as well if it were just called MDMA. (not saying it wouldn't have been huge, but marketing rules apply to drugs as well as any other consumer goods)

I used to live in the dallas area. They are selling the shit at 2-3 dollars a dose, and it's (from what I've consistently heard) 2% heroin, and the rest is simply crushed up Tylenol PM. I have no clue why the diphenhdryamine should be used as well, except perhaps a CYP-450 2D6 inhibitor. It's completely rediculous.

I remember reading this on bluelight and lacey k said probably the funniest thing I'd read in a LONG LONG time.

"2% heroin?!?!?! That's like diet heroin ultra-lite!"

Phrozen, it was an attempt to get a younger audience, and originally, I don't think people where told it was heroin and tylenol pm. It was basically sold under the "it'll fuck you up" philosophy.

if this is indeed as large a problem as they say it is, then why not legalize and control it?

^because they have a three-step process for deciding whether a drug is legal or not

1. is euphoria a side effect? if yes, move to #2
2. is it called alcohol or tobacco? if no, move to #3
3. put it on emergency schedule while conducting research to find reasons to illegalize it permanently. accidently using meth instead of the actual drug gives good results if the drug isn't all that bad by itself

qwe said:
^because they have a three-step process for deciding whether a drug is legal or not

1. is euphoria a side effect? if yes, move to #2
2. is it called alcohol or tobacco? if no, move to #3
3. put it on emergency schedule while conducting research to find reasons to illegalize it permanently. accidently using meth instead of the actual drug gives good results if the drug isn't all that bad by itself
hilarious!