TDS TDS Pets thread vs. now with added SCOMFF!

Awesome pets, someone post some more.
I wish I had a dog again, or a cat. Either one would be cool

Hi guy's I'm hoping somebody can help me; I'm having trouble with Scuttlebutt and I'm very very worried!
I think she's very sick. She has a large lump on her side near her stomach.
She's lethargic and doesn't seem herself. (She's been constantly by my side, she even sleeps on the pillow beside me). She's much hungrier than usual.

I'm taking her to the vet urgently but here's my problem: she's terrified of cages and cat baskets! If she even sees a basket, she bolts under the bed. I thought of using a dog lead, but the vet won't allow it. Please give me suggestions of how I can take her to the vet. Also, do her symptoms sound like cancer? (Please god i hope not: I love Scuttlebutt like a child).

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention Suttlebutt is a cat. She's moderately overweight, and very large for her size, almost as big as a small-medium sized dog. She won't fit in a cat carrier. The only thing we've got that will fit her is a parrot cage, but again she's terrified of being confined and I'm desperate here!

Last edited:
We saved two little rats from becoming live snake food!
The little guys (well, girls actually) are so friggen scomf' right now!!
Will have to get some pictures up ASAP :)

Hi guy's I'm hoping somebody can help me; I'm having trouble with Scuttlebutt and I'm very very worried!
She's lethargic and doesn't seem herself. (She's been constantly by my side, she even sleeps on the pillow beside me). She's much hungrier than usual.

I'm taking her to the vet urgently but here's my problem: she's terrified of cages and cat baskets! If she even sees a basket, she bolts under the bed. I thought of using a dog lead, but the vet won't allow it. Please give me suggestions of how I can take her to the vet. Also, do her symptoms sound like cancer? (Please god i hope not: I love Scuttlebutt like a child).

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention Suttlebutt is a cat. She's moderately overweight, and very large for her size, almost as big as a small-medium sized dog. She won't fit in a cat carrier. The only thing we've got that will fit her is a parrot cage, but again she's terrified of being confined and I'm desperate here!

Take her to the vet ASAP- the lump on her side is what concerns me.

Also, vets can sometimes provide a sedative for jittery pets. Keep us updated? <3 best of luck. I know what it's like to have a sick fur baby.

You're going to have to fit her into a carrier (even if she doesn't like it) and get her checked out. It's for her own good.
We saved two little rats from becoming live snake food!
The little guys (well, girls actually) are so friggen scomf' right now!!
Will have to get some pictures up ASAP :)

OOOOO scomfff rats :3

I'm taking her first thing monday, and I think I've hit on a solution: the bird cage comes apart at the base, so I'm going to place her on that and then very quickly attach the base before she can react.

I'm taking her first thing monday, and I think I've hit on a solution: the bird cage comes apart at the base, so I'm going to place her on that and then very quickly attach the base before she can react.

Please keep us updated <3 having a sick pet is such a terrible feeling..

My Tak <3 She's not happy about me rearranging the room on her

9719275112_f02d053b6a_c.jpg

9716042189_03fb6dfaee_c.jpg

This is her favourite place to sit =D

9719645566_d7bc8b3861_c.jpg

9719640922_5c164dde93_c.jpg

Last edited:
f52246cf-f786-46f8-9577-aaeeb5c38f0d_zps7c03197e.jpg

Tooky eating taters

IMG_1092.jpg

Gizmo playing with her favorite toy

Last edited:
Yes....the first is her cousin...an african senegal. Gizmo, the gray is a talker....her funniest line is, "Baaaaad SHIT!" She knows when it's appropriate to use....and she loves telling the dogs aaaawwww HUSH!

Love your new addition Tryp <3

Turk!! I wanted a Senegal for so long.

Those are both yours?

My 3, a picture from when Nina our youngest was a baby, she's now almost 1:

1Ehb1.jpg

Gawd....they are cute! Look at those ears!%)

Star....my senegal is mean little thing but smart. If there was ever an ad for 'baleful' eye...she's it. Usually those birdies are sweet....humrp.....her name is Tuka aka Tooky. The gray is a nicer bird, is bonded to me but loves men....she loves her bag and threatens my poms when they get near her cage. All fearless beasts!....but so fragile as bird skin is thin.