• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapering to avoid or shorten PAWS

GSXAWD

Greenlighter
Hello there,

i was using opiates (H, Oxy) for a few months now. I used to smoke H No3 (200mgs aprox. 35% pure) and was eating oxy roughly 60 mgs. That was not on a daily basis, but im dependant on them. I detoxed a few times but the PAWS always was the part that got me back to using again. The everlasting depression and insomnia is always the part thats breaks my neck so i slip again. I also used Kratom so i could lower my tolerance and go from there, but in the last time my stomach began to give me some problems after eating kratom, so i cant use this anymore (at least not in the amounts i would need to consume to supress my withdrawal).

With the help of Lyrica (pregabalin) i can suppress nearly all of my withdrawal symptoms of the acute phase, but im not using this any longer after that phase, because its gives its own problems after a while, so im always still left in the nasty PAWS phase, and break sooner or later.

Im sick of all of this and want my life finally back. Now luckily (not really...because mainly of this i have become dependant) i have a free supply of oxycodone, so at least i can controll the amount of opiates i consume and have no costs. Its not everlasting, but i dont have to manage a certain amount so i can spread my taper as long as i want.

Now would a really long taper with very tiny reductions ( i always jumped way ahead before my tolerance was low enough), ease my withdrawal symptoms especially the mental aspects of the PAWS? I have no problems of tapering me down right now and only take 2x 25 mgs of Oxy during the day. Lets say i take a month and go down to like 2x 5mg of oxy and jump from there?

Hope to get some helpfull input, thanks in advance!

There is no way or method or trick to avoid Paws..u can quit cold turkey or do a very long taper and Paws will still occur