• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Tapering off of Ativan using the Ashton Mothod need help calculating.

Abby-normal

Greenlighter
Holy Mother of Pearl....I was on 2mg of Ativan for 3 years. Have recalculated from the Ashton taper plans she has available (there is not one for 2mg Ativan/day replacing with valium.) I am on stage 8 and have calculated what I believe to be accurate but now I am stumped on
embarrassed.gif
the ratio proportion for the rest of the taper moving forward...
In fact, I've been so busy with dealing with A LOT of teenage problems/drama and getting divorced and starting 3rd semester of Nursing school in a couple of weeks that I have been on stage 8 about 2 weeks
tongue.gif

I am a weirdo and love math but for some reason I'm finding it really hard to take the 3mg Ativan taper plan and convert it to the 2 mg Ativan taper plan using the diazepam (Valium) replaement for the rest of the Ashton taper method. I am totally off Ativan and now only on the diazepam (Valium).

PLEASEEEEEEEE can someone out there with "A beautiful mind, " help direct me on the conversion process. I have done it up until stage 8 but ummmm......the taper equivalent after that seems inaccurate when I calculate it.

Anyone with any advice......PLEASE oh PLEASE....I've hit my personal maximum neuron firing, math calculating, brain explosion brick wall
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Thank you in advance
smiley.gif

modify_inline.gif

I would recommend taking 10mg of valium divided into a morning dose (5mg) and evening dose (5mg). Then go down as quick or slow as you want, by reducing 0.5-1mg per day (ie, reduce daily intake to 9.5mg, then 9mg, then 8.5mg, then 8mg, etc).

Valium has 2mg pills which would make something like this practical. Plus, a taper on a long acting benzo is usually more tolerable.