• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Buprenorphine to Experience "Less is More" Analgesia

CfZrx

Bluelighter
I hope to reduce. I recently bumped upwards from 10mg to 14mg, even 16, but only for a week. My body is used to 10. I noticed that even with the increased dose, my pain was no better managed! For this reason, and because the pain I speak of is bad, I think it is time to reduce to 4mg, then decide what to do from there, probably reduce to 2mg if I am able. I commit to checking in here each day so that either
a) You all can witness my good work,
or
b) You all can witness my failure, lol.
Day 1: 2mg at 2:30AM, 1mg at 9:00AM

good luck.

be aware that opiates reduce your tolerance to pain, so you may in the short term feel worse. long term opiates are contraindicated for chronic pain so reducing is definitely the right direction to be going in.

Thanks SitV and chinup! Is anyone else tapering currently? PLease post your dosages as you decrease. I feel weird already, may need to aim for 10 or 12 to start. Really want to bathe in bupe tbh.
11am- took 1mg
total today 4mg

i'm not tapering right now. i've never been oon bupe. i have a good friend who is tapering and she goes down by 2 mg at a time.

may i ask why you're spacing your doses? are you just trying to go for the least amount possible that will hold you? i was always crap at opiate withdrawal, and would end up doing more to compensate if i let myself go too long being sick, so i think you may do better doing a larger dose, especially given the long half life of bupe.

i'm not tapering right now. i've never been oon bupe. i have a good friend who is tapering and she goes down by 2 mg at a time.

may i ask why you're spacing your doses? are you just trying to go for the least amount possible that will hold you? i was always crap at opiate withdrawal, and would end up doing more to compensate if i let myself go too long being sick, so i think you may do better doing a larger dose, especially given the long half life of bupe.
I'm such a wussy. Around 1pm I snapped and dosed maybe 6mg, and am finishing the day at 12mg total. Chinup, You are so righjt! Tomorrow I will try a bigger dose to get the day started right! I'm spacing to take advantage of bupe's 6-hour analgesia. Or that's what I'm told. Maybe I should try to do this when I dont have a pinched nerve. I have become unable to even leave the house. It's been 2 weeks or more at this point.

I'm not giving up though. God I wish the crap you read about "no ceiling on analgesia" was true.

What's your story chinup? Opioid addict? Cannabis fiend?

I'm such a wussy. Around 1pm I snapped and dosed maybe 6mg, and am finishing the day at 12mg total.
you aren't a wuss. its just the nature of the beast. havng a trapped nerve sounds awful!! i have an injury that left me with metal pins very close to a nerve and when the two argue its not fun. is there any physio type stuff you can be doing that might help? might be worth asking your dr? don't just look for random shit on the internet for that cos there's a chance you will make things worse.

i get the 6 hour thing. just be aware the bupe is annoyingly slow to act too. maybe try splitting your dose across two times, 12 hours apart? some people are fast metabolisers so hare to do this just for normal maintenence.

What's your story chinup? Opioid addict? Cannabis fiend?
i've been addicted to weed, alcohol, benzos, heroin, and crack. i went to rehab in 2018 and have not used hard drugs addictively since. i did a good stretch of complete abstinence then when covid hit and i was heading into winter under lcokdown i started drinking again. i'm now struggling with that but very up and down. i consider myself to be in recovery from hard drugs but still battling addiction and a couple of other mental illnesses just for fun.

you aren't a wuss. its just the nature of the beast. havng a trapped nerve sounds awful!! i have an injury that left me with metal pins very close to a nerve and when the two argue its not fun. is there any physio type stuff you can be doing that might help? might be worth asking your dr? don't just look for random shit on the internet for that cos there's a chance you will make things worse.

i get the 6 hour thing. just be aware the bupe is annoyingly slow to act too. maybe try splitting your dose across two times, 12 hours apart? some people are fast metabolisers so hare to do this just for normal maintenence.

i've been addicted to weed, alcohol, benzos, heroin, and crack. i went to rehab in 2018 and have not used hard drugs addictively since. i did a good stretch of complete abstinence then when covid hit and i was heading into winter under lcokdown i started drinking again. i'm now struggling with that but very up and down. i consider myself to be in recovery from hard drugs but still battling addiction and a couple of other mental illnesses just for fun.
Ah, so you understand the hard drug life! Did you ever check out moderation.org? They have cool tips for being a better moderator. Or for a more abstinence type of effort, intherooms.com also has lots of different self-help groups! Bluelight itself is amazing support too though.

Yeah, I was doing Youtube videos by chiropractors and some exercises seem to aggravate the nerve. Thanks for reminding me to be cautious!