• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Taper/withdrawal help

twotoomany

Bluelighter
Long time no see, my Bluelight peeps! I’ve been “good” for a long time (2015 or so) until December. We went on a bit of a bender. High stress. Family in town. You know the deal. Only opioid we could find was methadone, so we gobbled up 20-30 mg a day for about a month, month and a half. Terrible idea, I know. Sooooo, we stepped off the ‘dones, ate an OC 80/day each for a week. Last Friday, we took 1mg of Suboxone each. .5 the next day, and .25 each day after, including today. My question is, how long should we continue to take .25 mg of sub? I thought I was ready to jump two nights ago, but the two am jimmy legs got me and I caved and took .25. Slept like a baby. I’m thinking the sooner I drop the subs, the better, but wanna do so as painlessly as possible. We have about 3mg left. Is a dose reduction worth while? Am I still feeling effects of our short run with methadone? I’m NOT looking to go long term with this. I can and will stay away from them on my own, I’m just looking for the easiest path to freedom. Any advice or experience is greatly appreciated!!!! Mush love to you all!!!

Rip that bandaid off. The sooner the better, every time. Tommorow is not the day. That day is the day before tomorrow!

In my experience, as ive said in another couple threads, suboxone just stretches out your wd an unnecessarily long time. I think the jump from the methadone to oxy or bupe was a good choice as methadone wd is fucking awful. So make sure your prepared with your loperamide and cannabis and food/Gatorade and sleep aids, and jump! You got this!

Thank you!!!! I’m prepped, and I’ve been sticking to .5mg kpin (prescribed for anxiety). Have plenty of cannabis, lope, mushies(for micro dosing), a lil DMT, abd some other items, since we already ate .25 this AM, I think tomorrow is the day. Gonna be a snow day for me, then the weekend.

I feel like I remember your name from back in the day. You’ve been here a while too, yes?

I’m a psychonaut by nature, but I’m drawn to the darkness at times. My resistance to it needs to get stronger.

Last edited:
Awesome! good luck.

Yea I joined here in '04 under a different name, which I wont give the name of, due to people that ive sent here for advice....not to keen on them knowing my old exploits! hahaha. nothing crazy crazy just a lot to explain :sneaky::cool:

If you need any advice ill be happy to answer any question I can. just post or pm. Bluelights on the case!

It's going to suck but I recently withdrew from 90mgs of IR oxy regularly for 3 or so months and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

The first time was horrible beyond words (from a 2 year habit and 30-40mgs a day)... so the lesson is that the time period of use is somewhat more of a determinant as to how awful the withdrawal is. I did it with kratom for the most recent withdrawal, and it took about 4 days to feel "normal" surprisingly. There was really only one or two days of misery and I slept the entire day virtually. Using kratom to get off opioids is definitely a risk of replacing one addiction with another, but it does help ease the comedown greatly ime. I didn't have to dose a ton of kratom either which was nice. Maybe 8-12 grams daily.

And as above user said, if you get out now it will be much less severe! It's hard to go through the breakup period, but opioid tolerance only gets higher and higher and inevitably you won't be able to feel them at all in time (this totally happened to me!). As amazing as the feeling is it's short-lived for everyone. Something to just accept sooner than later. I do recommend ordering some kratom or purchasing a bag at a smokeshop somewhere locally if you can. Kratom at least eliminates the physical sickness aspect of withdrawing. But however you do it is up to you. Your use wasn't very long, so it's psychological fear that's getting to you from what I gather. I think you'll be shocked that it isn't that bad. Tapering may make the withdrawal worse because it's extending the time period of your use. If it does get severe in terms of certain symptoms, those symptoms of withdrawal will be pretty short-lived. You're definitely going to need something that knocks you out so you can sleep and heal faster, otherwise you're going to get 0 hours of sleep shifting around in bed in agony. Tylenol PM works great for me. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Thank you!!!! I’m prepped, and I’ve been sticking to .5mg kpin (prescribed for anxiety). Have plenty of cannabis, lope, mushies(for micro dosing), a lil DMT, abd some other items, since we already ate .25 this AM, I think tomorrow is the day. Gonna be a snow day for me, then the weekend.

I feel like I remember your name from back in the day. You’ve been here a while too, yes?

I’m a psychonaut by nature, but I’m drawn to the darkness at times. My resistance to it needs to get stronger.
If you get hands on dissociatives, best is what I'll use to reboot-brain and when I'm on opioid WD

Rip that bandaid off. The sooner the better, every time. Tommorow is not the day. That day is the day before tomorrow!

In my experience, as ive said in another couple threads, suboxone just stretches out your wd an unnecessarily long time. I think the jump from the methadone to oxy or bupe was a good choice as methadone wd is fucking awful. So make sure your prepared with your loperamide and cannabis and food/Gatorade and sleep aids, and jump! You got this!

I agree with @Jopeth
and just want to give you some support and encouragement.

You can do this.
It won’t be bad with the above comfort medication.
Find you a good Netflix show and smoke that cannabis, use the Loperamide, and just chill.
You even have .5 mg of kpin, so you are set.

I would suggest doxylamine for sleep if you are needing something strong and OTC.

Cheering you onwards!
Get er done!
❤️

Thanks all!!! Went on a voyage last night. Purged a lot from my system. Woke up today to a snow day (no work), and feeling GREAT. Put the 3 or so mg of subs into the lock box with my other forbidden fruit that’s been kept for emergencies. It mental weirdness, but once something goes in the box, it ain’t coming out unless it’s an emergency. Despite the last two month or so run, I still have items in there from 4 years ago, when we kicked a six year habit. 😂 We’re gone be ok, this I know! Thanks so much for all the advice and support. I gotta remember to log on here more often and pay back the kindness I’ve received!! Once again, many thanks!!!!