• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tapentadol and Tramadol Mix

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hello guys.

Is this mix too dangerous? What can happen? Tapentadol does not have much serotonergic effect like Tramadol, so it makes me think that there shouldn't be many problems, taking relatively safe doses.

Hello guys.

Is this mix too dangerous? What can happen? Tapentadol does not have much serotonergic effect like Tramadol, so it makes me think that there shouldn't be many problems, taking relatively safe doses.

I think safe dosages is the key. I took both at the same time (50-100mg tapentadol and 100-200mg tramadol) when coming off stronger opiates, and I didn't notice a bad interaction (or any amazing synergy).

I think the tramadol is likely the more dangerous component, certainly for serotonin syndrome and probably seizures too. Think of your cumulative tramadol dose, at least in terms of norepinephrine effects, going up when you take tapentadol with it. Most importantly, if you are up at a high dose or new to tramadol, avoid much in the way of other medications, especially anything serotonergic like DXM or SSRI antidepressants, or anything excessively stimulating like amphetamines, or anything that reduces the seizure threshold like bupropion or (possibly) pregabalin/gabapentin.

I think safe dosages is the key. I took both at the same time (50-100mg tapentadol and 100-200mg tramadol) when coming off stronger opiates, and I didn't notice a bad interaction (or any amazing synergy).

I think the tramadol is likely the more dangerous component, certainly for serotonin syndrome and probably seizures too. Think of your cumulative tramadol dose, at least in terms of norepinephrine effects, going up when you take tapentadol with it. Most importantly, if you are up at a high dose or new to tramadol, avoid much in the way of other medications, especially anything serotonergic like DXM or SSRI antidepressants, or anything excessively stimulating like amphetamines, or anything that reduces the seizure threshold like bupropion or (possibly) pregabalin/gabapentin.

In fact I even watch my caffeine intake. Some time ago I had a lot of coffee and Coca Cola, along with my Tramadol, and I felt very weird.

Well, I took 200 mg. of Tapentadol and 100 mg. of Tramadol and, to my surprise, hit me pretty good, considering my high tolerance to Tramadol. I have never seen my pupils so tiny before. Although I feel that Tapentadol is not as activating as Tramadol, I feel it more sedative.

Can I take 0.5 grams of Clonazepam (together with Tramadol / Tapentadol) or are the risks of respiratory depression too much? I'm benzo naive.

Can I take 0.5 grams of Clonazepam (together with Tramadol / Tapentadol) or are the risks of respiratory depression too much? I'm benzo naive.
U can take 0,5mg of clonazepam, dont worry. The NRI acrion of both tram and Tapentadol should prevent u from respiratory depression and 0,5mg of clonazepam is safe dose.

U can take 0,5mg of clonazepam, dont worry. The NRI acrion of both tram and Tapentadol should prevent u from respiratory depression and 0,5mg of clonazepam is safe dose.

That's not necessarily true. It will definitely help, but the opioid activity of both is just as potent and should be taken into account. It's still possibly dangerous. I'd take 0.25mg first as a test to see how it affects you @supersonic89

That's not necessarily true. It will definitely help, but the opioid activity of both is just as potent and should be taken into account. It's still possibly dangerous. I'd take 0.25mg first as a test to see how it affects you @supersonic89

I am using the following doses: 400 mg. of Tapentadol and 200 mg. of Tramadol. I don't think they are very high or dangerous doses, right? So far I liked the mix a lot.

I am using the following doses: 400 mg. of Tapentadol and 200 mg. of Tramadol. I don't think they are very high or dangerous doses, right? So far I liked the mix a lot.

They're not exactly heavy doses, but I recall you mentioning being opioid naive (unless I'm thinking of a different thread) so I would take it slow. You can always up your dose if you're not getting the effects you want. Just remember you can't take less.

I always do what's called an allergy test which is a small dose of the drug(s) you plan to use to see how you react to it.

They're not exactly heavy doses, but I recall you mentioning being opioid naive (unless I'm thinking of a different thread) so I would take it slow. You can always up your dose if you're not getting the effects you want. Just remember you can't take less.

I always do what's called an allergy test which is a small dose of the drug(s) you plan to use to see how you react to it.

That's right. I only have experience with Tramadol, Codeine, Tapentadol and Buprenorphine.