talking to people

@Hexenstahl

"The achievement of thought, of culture, of art, are just the opposite. They are an escape from the serfdom of time, man crawling out if the muck of his instincts and out of the sluggishness and climbing to a higher plane, to a timeless, liberation from time, divinity. They are utterly unhistorical and antihistorical"

Interesting - cool.

I too have heard that express, re: the weather.

I'm ready a book right now where a lot of the characters are of few words. Powerful, well articulated, but again, hardly verbose.

Deep conversations, sure. That's definitely interesting.. and sure, most people ruminate (you didn't use that word, but) and I'd be lying to say I didn't.

Interests may be the difference, articulation may be the difference, but I have a nagging feeling that it may also be a pretty evident and uncomfortable misunderstanding of where the other person is coming from.

I do not believe there is a correct way to communicate. This is how we get caught up on differences. It should be the opposite. Finding harmony.

So @Foreigner , do you seek harmony? Do you include people regardless of perceived differences?

Not trying to attack, just to understand everyone here.

Thanks

I always include people who are willing to meet me halfway. When I was younger I used to ignore differences and try to make it work no matter what, and I was always injured. I don't do that anymore. There is no point in being the one who puts in all the energy to carry a relationship or interaction. If a relationship dissolves without my lone effort, then it's not a relationship worth sustaining. That's true whether it's a 5-year relationship or a 5-minute interaction.

One thing I don't tolerate anymore is laziness in interactions. I'm not here to entertain or coddle people. If they don't want to meet me halfway then I'm not going to overstretch myself to try and meet them. It's a waste of energy and a waste of my life.

I always include people who are willing to meet me halfway. When I was younger I used to ignore differences and try to make it work no matter what, and I was always injured. I don't do that anymore. There is no point in being the one who puts in all the energy to carry a relationship or interaction. If a relationship dissolves without my lone effort, then it's not a relationship worth sustaining. That's true whether it's a 5-year relationship or a 5-minute interaction.

One thing I don't tolerate anymore is laziness in interactions. I'm not here to entertain or coddle people. If they don't want to meet me halfway then I'm not going to overstretch myself to try and meet them. It's a waste of energy and a waste of my life.

Do you often feel pressured to talk/explain yourself?

Someone’s intelligence can be measured by the quantity of uncertainties he can bear.”

-Immanuel Kant-

I hate all the irony involved with how the world is with this subject. There seems to be such a skewed view on high intelligence. People automatically assume that if you have a high IQ you gotta be extremeley competent so your success in life is an absolute. Bullshit. My failures hit twice as hard because of all the expectations put in place before I can even get started. My grades in school didnt even get to be a factor because I stayed in so much trouble. I had to use the bathroom 3 times every period just to break the monotony. But yet everyone thought Id always have all the answers. How the hell am I suppose to know the answers when I cant even make it to a solid conclusion?! Have you ever seen me try to make a point?! I get lost on my way there 1000 times. Plus Ill never be productive enough in life to reach finacial security. Regardless of whats going on I always get so bored I become dangerous. Contentment just isnt possible for me. I require the kind of stimulation only possible by ingesting stuff that could also possibly kill me. How smart is that?! My mind is such a paradox of deep perceptions that Ive developed an anxiety thats got me trapped inside my own home. I never leave my house unless its absolutely neccesasry. I avoid interaction with others anyway I can. But a lot of this relates to things about me that I still need to work on. Most people just dont seem to be that smart to me. I dont let that affect how I treat them tho. But it does make the experience more stressful for me. I do worry that this means I could have narcissistic traits Im not aware of. I never wanna be the reason someone else is hurting...especially if I cant be accountable for it because I am not even aware of it.

The only thing good about me is that I am really nice to look at and it might be hard to get me out of your head....not cause Ill refuse to get out but because youll keep putting me there. Not my words...just what men have said in court over violating restraining orders. You will probably want to fuck my brains out. But youll end up regretting it. I am a huge conundrum of chaos

But ignorance can cause people to overestimate their intelligence. Then their actions become reeked with obvious pride. It can make people very presumptuousness and full of arrogance. I think this plays a part in why some dont seem to care about the consequences of their actions. We need to be accountable for how our actions affect others. The words you choose to use does matter. But what would I know? Im just a junkie.

Idiots dont care about the harm they do to others. Plus people labeled like I am will take all the blame so they have no fucks to give. Apparently always being a victim pays off when you dont care about integrity. Thats ok. Ill just be over here....being the survivor. I found the freedom that matters the most when I finally decided to own my own accountability. They can just stay over there.....being the pussies they are.

But it has been proven that the "idiot personality" does tend to have more social success. That seems dangerous to me. We end up putting our future in the hands of people who aren’t even able to evaluate the consequences of their actions. Good luck with that shit.

You know how everyone is hating on Andrew Tate? He does come across as extremely arrogant. But thats not the case with him. He does make outlandish claims. But he can also back his shit up. Its not arrogance if its true. Hes just been convinced lol. Im sorry I just love him

Yall should see the kinda mess I got myself into right now. I waste all of my energy on trying to convice people of what should already be obvious. I dont think this is all just because they dont understand. I dont think they are even trying to. I feel like everyone expected me to fall for something by now...but I didnt....so now that Im still here no one knows what to say. I am scared to talk to anyone because I am afraid theyll even have me convinced that I done something wrong but by the time I realize it...itll be too late. I just know Ill be devastated if this happens to me. Whats crazy is that.... laying all titles and labels asside...when it comes to the truth...I actually have better character to depend on for the truth then anyone else invovled. I just wanted to own that thought once lol

Yall should see the kinda mess I got myself into right now. I waste all of my energy on trying to convice people of what should already be obvious.
This is why I stopped wasting my time and energy trying to convince people of whom I know that they aren't at least a bit open about an alternative perspective. Most people prefer comfortable lies over the uncomfortable truth. It's like all those people who got bell's palsy from the poison jab but still recommend it, even though both research and their personal experience should tell them otherwise. You cannot reach such people, no matter how good your argument is because they are emotionally involved in their narrative and live in cognitive dissonance.

We end up putting our future in the hands of people who aren’t even able to evaluate the consequences of their actions.
Welcome to humanity, the "apex" of life.

. ...I actually have better character to depend on for the truth then anyone else invovled. I just wanted to own that thought once lol

I 100% no NOT mean to undermine/disregard the part of your quote that I did not get in this snippet. In fact I encourage everyone reading this to go up 2 posts are read everything you said.

I just want to say the following: it seems like you have enough skepticism to move forward and own what you do feel to know.

If you don't mind I ask, how old are you?

I have had my fair share of ups and downs but find that age, unfortunately (why not sooner??), is a huge factory in my stability. Then again.. same shit, different problems.

Back in the 1990s when we still had good Ecstasy, I remember having so many deep, meaningful, long, articulate conversations with the nearest stranger sitting near me.

hi I was wondering if any people suffer at high intelligence how does high intelligence affect you in with talking with others? do you get in your way?
I focused on this at several points in my life and now my communications skills are my best assets. I score very very high in most IQ tests. Autism diagnoses too.

Don't fall for the traps of stereotype and hopelessness.

I find that knowing more than the average person has given me existential problems at times.
I also find myself tuning out when some one who's not very bright is talking to me. It's difficult to make eye contact with them. And I'm often trying to correct people if they say something that isn't true or factual.

Always trying to spread knowledge about my favorite topics, like drugs & pharmacology. When most people don't even care. They probably tune out when I'm talking about it too.

I some times wonder if I have just a slight touch of autism, but I'm not really sure & most mental health professionals are more about getting that kickback from prescribing a new drug, than they are getting actual accurate diagnosis's.

I had an IQ test done as part of psychiatric testing back in 2015. And my IQ came out to 106, but the woman testing me said that you add 20 points because of something yadda yadda (idk what the hell she was talking about) and then said that technically I'd be above average at 126.
But I didn't even finish highschool & I can barely do simple math. So I dunno how the hell I scored that high & have doubts that I'm really THAT intelligent.

I'd think most intelligent people are probably depressed & anxious like I am. I mean who wouldn't be thinking about things all the time.

The problem is everyone thinks they’re smart. So you got a bunch of people running around looking down on each other. I see it time and again, the computer IT guy that thinks his intelligence tops all can’t figure out how to do fairly simple home improvement projects. Or the opposite end of the spectrum, the master craftsman that can’t hook up his WiFi. Be appreciative that everyone has something they can bring to the table.

Every person I interact with I see an opportunity for a new perspective on life, maybe I won’t agree with it but fascinating nonetheless to figure out as to how they came to those conclusions.

-GC

Talking to people is real easy to do. You simply have to say something like, "Hi, how are you?" . And, it helps to introduce yourself, too, with your real name, not some pseudonym.

No more so then my magnum dong. -its a joke - I don't consider myself above average intelligence. Just seemed like either a joke post or an excuse to brag on oneself.

In the words of our former leader of the free world, " I'm kinda like a smart person".

I used to be very shy and almost bitter toward people I deemed "popular". Then you grow up and see beyond just yourself. Turns out those trails and heartache molded me into a well rounded individual after all. So whoever you are go live your life , don't ever stop being yourself. You will find parts of yourself in many different people. No pun intended that time. I mean common ground.

Tell you what, my best buddy in the world was always a nerd. I was a stoner . He now works in the defence industry with a security clearance. How the heck are we best friends. He might speak with proper English but we can talk about anything and everything.

Talkin' less&less.Forgot how to do it.More a decade in relative isolation.....and people are not the same.I am not the same.Chatting is way better,but cannot substitute one real conversation eye to eye.....it missed me talkin yes

It can be hard, yeah. I don't have an exceptionally high IQ or anything, 136 is high but there are people way higher. I didn't get perfect grades in school or anything, school always bored me even though I did eventually graduate college. Whether or not higher intellect is why I hate small talk and only ever want to have deeper discussions with people I can't really say. I'm on the spectrum anyway but I suffer from a cocktail of mental health issues. So, in that way, it can be hard to find people like me.

I'm more likely to find that on a forum like this than in real life. People who indulge in drugs tend to be more intelligent, actually. Maybe that's because being more intelligent can be painful and you either want to dumb yourself down or change perspectives entirely with psychedelics. Everyone has their reasoning. I bet my IQ would be a bit higher if I A) didn't get hit by a car 6ish years ago and B) didn't get stoned all the time for the last 12 years lol. Apparently it only lowers it by 2 points or something, but the concussion had to have knocked me down a few points. Did I really notice? Not really. I generally regard IQ as arbitrary shit. There are so many different ways to be intelligent. Some of the dumbest people I know are geniuses when it comes to certain things.

I've improved with casual conversation over time though, but it did take a lot of work and there's still a long way to go. I'd like to be the kind of person who is very outgoing, and I can be, but not always, I'm an introvert by nature and always will be.

At the end of the day, I think there are way more stupid people on this planet than smart or even average intelligence. At least, this is how I view things having worked in retail a lot. And don't get me started on some of these politicians... Christ almighty they are stupid.