• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Taking Vyvanse with Gabapentin ? Heaven or Hell?

Realm1932

Greenlighter
Hello all. I have recently joined and this is my first post. I have been Taking 2400mg Gabapentin, 1 mg Klonopin,300mg Lamictal for awhile now. I will just be honest, I have had issues with Drinking in the past and I do have an addictive personality. So I tested the Gaba. at 300 mg/3 times a day nothing......until i missed a dose and became really sad out of nowhere. so at 900 mg, things were not good. I upped it to 1800mg and I was able to stop drinking! It was like a miracle. Then I went up to 2400mg. The first week of having them , I usually go overboard taking anywhere from 5-10 grams a day then a week later, I am obviously low and short of the 2400 mg a day. so I dipped the dose quick like a syper idiot, I have been on Klonopin and other benzos so I am familiar with that type of neurotransmitter crash. BUT this Gabapentin was no joke!!! like seriously man, I felt sooooo suicidal and just sad and yeah... So stupid man.
I was on Vyvanse 2 years ago and I felt great! I was not on Gabapentin at the time. I lost so much weight so my doctor took me off. Today However, I saw him and asked him again really nonchalant like. He agreed. He has said no at least 5 times since he took me off. So, I was shocked. I figure I have the Perfect Cocktail...... but not really. HOw will the Gabapentin interact with the Vyvanse ? make it stronger? make it weaker? I hear two different stories. I dont want the 2 to cancel each other out or have the gabapentins bio availability messed with or wasted. Does anyone have any experience with these 2 together? Are there anythings I can do to potentiate the drugs? I am very aware of The Tricky behavior of Gabapentin! most of it anyways... Thank you sooo much in advance for any advice.

Edit: I return, and belated welcome to Bluelight.

Well, if you're worried about "cancelling-out" the Vyvanse with the gabapentin, I'd be concerned with the Klonopin and Lamictal. And the booze. You probably know that Lamictal is often (but not always) used for epilepsy. Benzos are also used to treat seizures. Gabapentin doesn't work well for them, but it can treat them. And booze raises the seizure threshold.

You might need the stimulant because you're on four anti-convulsants. Ok, so I'm not scolding, because the benzo dose is small, and if you're using gabapentin off-script to help with the drinking, that's great.

I didn't go on it to stop drinking, but I stopped drinking on it, and I was a world-class drunk. Something about gabapentin really obviates the need for hooch. So good luck with that. Sadly I think you need a couple years using it sober to really shake the drink off.

We have a whole treasure-trove of information on how to dose gabapentin properly. For alcohol abstinence, you should be good with a daily 1800mg.

OK, so you loved Vyvanse back in the day. Will it be as good now, while you're taking the gabapentin, that's your question?

I started describing my experiences, then realized it was all for a three-day meth session, which hopefully isn't your case. That would take too much Vyvanse and be bad for whatever you take the Lamictal for.

So I'll say, gabapentin works with stims in a complementary way depending on circumstances, and not necessarily in a way that you want. It does dampen some of the energy. I think if you're hoping to concentrate, like to study, the gabapentin will not help. I think you might gain some benefit from the combo over nothing at all, but not as much as you would with the Vyvanse alone.

Gabapentin can take the gritty edges off high doses of stimulants, both the fidgety kind and the jumpy anxious kind, without putting you to sleep. You'd have to play with doses, and I find I need less gabapentin when using meth.

When dosing lines up perfectly, I swear I'm higher on both than either alone. But you're not looking to get high with these therapeutic drugs, right? For therapeutic doses, it's gonna depend on the therapy you need.

It's one for experimenting, but please be careful mixing stims and anti-convulsants.

------------------------------

I happen to really fucking love gabapentin with methamphetamine, but it takes some getting used to.

I will be back with a whole essay that's more suited for a trip report later.

Last edited:
Hi I'm new and don't know how to reply properly yet but hope this is right! SWIM has experience on mixing and would like to talk more about the topic!