• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

taking testing kits abroad

turbo25586

Greenlighter
just wonderd if it was ok to take testing kits on holiday with you, like is it legal? n if i got stopped what would happen? if anyone with any information could let me know, thanks

this is a good question. i'd also be interested in knowing the answer to this, as i'll be traveling abroad soon and ideally i will have my testing kit with me.

my gut reaction here (as a person who travels semi-frequently) is that this shouldn't be a problem. the compounds in the testing kits are perfectly legal. if i were you, i would pack the kit in my checked luggage rather than carrying it on with me. the bottles of fluid are small enough to be allowed on the plane, but there's no reason to arouse any extra suspicion when clearing security.

i'd also refrain from packing the little color charts with the reagent bottles ;)

I swear there was a thread about this subject in here but I can't find it. :(

I have to agree with @lterEgo's suggestion, pack it in your carry on. I'm pretty sure the bottles are much less than 4 oz. (Is that still the limit?) I'd be sure to pack them VERY CAREFULLY, as they are caustic and can hurt you.

And yeah, don't bring the cheat sheet with ya. ;)

Let us know how it goes if you decide to do this!

RavenousBlonde said:
I swear there was a thread about this subject in here but I can't find it.

there's an old FAQ in the archives that touches on the subject: Ecstacy Testing Kits
here's an excerpt:

Is it legal?

Yes, an EZ Test does not contain any illegal or controlled substances. We have been selling EZ Test for three years already to many countries without any problems for us or our customers. As a general rule, if people aren't being prosecuted for it, it's unlikely that _you_ will be.

there's also this rockin' FAQ from erowid: Ecstasy Testing Kit FAQ
that entry mostly confirms the legality of the kits:

Are the kits legal?

There is some question as to the legal status of testing kits in the U.S. Many states include wording in their paraphernalia laws which include anything which "identify, analyze, or test" scheduled substances. This wording _is not_ included in the federal paraphernalia laws. Arguably, the ecstasy testing kits do not fit within this category as they only verifiably test for the _absence_ of MDMA or other controlled substances. [...] These kits have been widely available for over a year and we have heard of no legal problems either with their sale or possession.

hopefully that helps :)

^^^ Thanks for finding that info. I must have still been asleep when I searched before. :)