• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking Perivian torch to gain an understanding of my heroin addiction.....

somnilicious

Bluelighter
I am thinking about acquiring Peruvian torch to have a psychedelic experience. I have been a heroin addict for the last 12yrs and dabbled even before that when I was in my X, LSD, Shrooms, K and G clubbing phase in the late 90's. During this time I have had a girlfriend die next to me in bed and lost countless friends to death or prison for addiction fueled robberies and BNE's. I recently got off methadone and Xanax and have used heroin approx. 15 times in the last 50 or so days. This may not sound like much of an accomplishment but for someone, who has shot heroin 3x's a day for the last 12yrs it means a hell of a lot. My mind feels a lot clearer.

This last week however I overdosed myself for the first time. I was later told by a friend that I stopped breathing within a matter of seconds and didn't even have time to close my eyes. Thank God somebody in the busy parking lot knew CPR. All of these deaths are In the past and despite my overdose I am entering a really promising time in my life. I actually haven't felt this good in a long time. I just got a great union job, which gives a lot of random UA's(another reason I want to take mescaline). I am taking too many chances with my job and life with heroin.

I guess I just want to know how easy it would be to have negative thought patterns on mescaline if one is in a relatively good frame of mind and if anybody has taken a psychedelic besides Ibogaine to deal with recent addictions? I have taken LSD 100's of times and shrooms maybe a half dozen times before I got addicted to heroin. I don't know if that matters but at one time I was very used to the psychedelic experience. Also has anyone come back to psychedelics after such a long period and did they still enjoy the experience. I would like to have a good time but also come out of the trip with a new perspective on my past and finally turn the corner on my addiction. Any thoughts? Suggestion?

Of course there is no drug that cures heroin addiction, but if you've done that much X, shrooms, LSD and K and still haven't gotten any insight into your heroin addiction after all this time, it might be time to hang up the psychedelic towel and maybe pursue other means like counseling, psycho/cognitive-behavioral therapy or even new hobbies that you can throw yourself into and gain some happiness and new perspective from. Psychedelics aren't always the answer.

iwas triping once and at some point (in trip) i was an heroin adicct . i felt the warmth of H and euphoric , and i was telling myself if heroin then heroin(repetedly) .. (deeper meaning: get through life on). i was siting with my eyes closed and felt sad at the same time , like i was deeply disapointed with life . eveything else outside H seemed so cold and harsh so i was keeping telling me if heroin then it is heroin .. after that i triped somewhere else and forgot until i saw your post . (im not heroin adicct experimented with it and disliked ). insight on heroin i got from it its better not to make heroin nirvana as it is not and this ^^

Don't expect anything to be an immediate cure. If you go into the experience with hope. You may get the out come you want.
But just don't be surprised if you find out, that heroin is just an addictive drug. It's roots are deeper than just your subconcious.
You might be physically addicted which is a different beast all together. One that usually takes a shaman or some ibogaine therapy to confront.

My friend ed, was pretty addicted to meth. He did 2c-e once and cried pretty much the whole time and explained to me how he had been living his life like a jack hammer. Long story short he doesn't do meth anymore. But you need someone who can help you and guide you through the darkest of the experience when you need it most. If the person does it sober and if you really trust this person to set up a dialogue between you and your inner monsters. It'll probably help.

I don't want an immediate cure. I have for the most part overcome my addiction on my own. I would however like to have a fun experience, while at the same time gain something from it. All my other experiences with those other substances were in 98-99 before I really got addicted to heroin. What I really want to know is mescaline's potential for negative thought patterns? After all these years of only taking guaranteed euphoriants such as cocaine, heroin etc..... I don't know if I want to get myself into a total mind F#$k with a very unpredictable chemical.

all psychedelics have the potential for mindfuck .. but still i found the euphoria from them to be much higher than the euphoria from Horse cocaine or even meth

Hi somnilicious - I have only a little bit of personal experience with addiction, and nothing anywhere close to a full on opiate addiction, so take my words how you will.

Good job in coming as far as you have in overcoming your addiction, that can't have been easy. Sounds like this recent OD was a big wakeup call to push you onwards towards cleaning up. I'm glad you survived.

A peruvian torch mescaline experience could help to give you the perspective and inspiration that you seek. Cactus can be a very cleansing, kind, and profound experience. You've got the right attitude not expecting any miracles, simply being open to what it might teach, and going into it with the intent of finding some growth without being too heavy about it. Personally, I've found psychedelics to be very helpful in gaining awareness of my own bad habits, soft addictions (food and alcohol only really), and have come away from trips empowered to make positive changes in my life, and a bit of a strength boost to avoid bad habits/addictions.

I'd also encourage you to check out counselling, or maybe check out a Narcotics Anonymous group. I'm pretty sure NA is free and easy to access. Having community gives you a power greater than yourself to defeat addiction. And you always have us all here as well. From my short time here I can tell there are a lot of good supportive people here on Bluelight.

I don't want an immediate cure. I have for the most part overcome my addiction on my own. I would however like to have a fun experience, while at the same time gain something from it. All my other experiences with those other substances were in 98-99 before I really got addicted to heroin. What I really want to know is mescaline's potential for negative thought patterns? After all these years of only taking guaranteed euphoriants such as cocaine, heroin etc..... I don't know if I want to get myself into a total mind F#$k with a very unpredictable chemical.

I was going to second 25I's post, but seeing as you did them before addiction I'll add a bit more.

The key here is set/setting. Taking psychedelics to 'trip balls' at a rave/concert is unlikely to help much. Your best bet is to use it on your own, in a safe, quiet place where you can be with yourself and your thoughts/feelings.

Mescaline has more positivity to it than say, mushrooms. It has an MDMA-ish feel of empathogenesis and self-acceptance. Things like mushrooms are more apt to give a rough 'mindfuck' that isn't always helpful. The thing with cactus extracts is that they can be rough on the guts. If you're okay with that, the active ingredient itself is pretty benevolent. I tend to go for pure substances to avoid gut-wrenching, but won't rule out the therapeutic benefits of the cactus.

The other way to go that is more secure in a positive introspection is with MDMA, but again you have to be in the right setting with it to get therapeutic introspection. The thing is a lot of people 'miss the point' with MDMA because it doesn't challenge them enough. If you're willing to focus on your issues it has just as much potential benefit as cactus extract. It just has the benefit of ease on guts and more positivity.

Sometimes classical psychedelics are required to break through a certain threshold. All in all I think mescaline is a good choice; just use it right. :)

The problem with peruvian torch is actually ingesting it. It's akin to medieval torture swallowing the cactus snot. And the nausea can be pretty heavy.

But if you can cope with that it is a beautiful, gentle drug. But it's not as psychedelic as mushrooms or LSD and I can't really see it changing your life around. Perhaps oral DMT would be a better bet. Good luck.

In my experience the vast majority of the nausea associated with Trichocereus cacti is actually just from eating it. If you simply dry out the skin in a food dehydrator or whatever then grind up the dried cactus skin and put the powder in gel caps the nausea is nearly emilinated. There's something psychologically intimidating about consuming it the second you taste that stuff. All you can think is aww fuck only 60 more spoonfuls to go :(

I didn't find that when I tried that method ballz - if you've ever put dried cactus into water you'll notice how it expands to 10 times it's original volume and sort of turns black. When that happened in my stomach I had about 48 hours of nausea.

Some people in our group did get sick and vomited. But I can only tell of my personal experience. I never ever had any nausea from San Pedro, Peruvian Torch, T.Bridgesii or from a combo of all three. Now I do have a bit of a tough stomach and I also never got sick on Morning Glory seeds unlike most of my friends that tried it. I did however get extremely nauseous the first few times when we tried to drink the blended cactus sludge and again when we attempted to mix the dry cactus powder into pudding. That made me very sick but as long as I don't taste it I don't generally get sick from Trichocereus cacti. Peyote on the other hand has always made me hurl but the trip has always been much more intense with only having to eat a third of the ammount of dry cactus skin!

If I could get DMT I would be all over that but I am older, out of the scene and don't have any non ghetto drug contacts. I would love to try one of the related research chemical DMT's. I don't really know how to go about doing so...... Peruvian torch just seemed the easiest safest choice... plus I always wanted to try Mescaline.

But it's not as psychedelic as mushrooms or LSD and I can't really see it changing your life around. Perhaps oral DMT would be a better bet. Good luck.

I gotta disagree with that. Mescaline certainly has that power. Heck, MDMA has that power. Lots of people have life changing experiences with it.

With cactus you have to do at least to an aqueous extraction. Instead of just drinking the resulting vile tasting, nauseating tea, evaporate the water. Mescaline is very stable so some heat can be applied. Scrape up the resulting tar-like residue and swallow it in finger-rolled balls or parachute it.

A more efficient way is to do an alcohol extract, and evaporate the alcohol, leaving mescaline containing tar behind. The tar is so much easier on the gut that raw cactus or drinking the tea.

The more labour intensive method is an acid/base extraction that will yield relatively pure alkaloids (mescaline). It's the easiest form for the guts, but a bit of work to get to it without lab equipment. It can be done in a kitchen and normal kitchen tools, it's just a pain. Just look up "acid base extraction" and you'll find more methods than you'll care to read.

If I could get DMT I would be all over that but I am older, out of the scene and don't have any non ghetto drug contacts. I would love to try one of the related research chemical DMT's. I don't really know how to go about doing so...... Peruvian torch just seemed the easiest safest choice... plus I always wanted to try Mescaline.

Pretty simple getting your own DMT, order some mimosa hostilis then get premium white spirit and sodium hydroxide drain cleaner from the local home depot, stick it in a steel pot, stir, dip a cup into the top layer of white spirit to drain it off, stick it in the freezer and hey presto, 100% pure DMT forms on the glass.

I'm with you, mescaline is definately worth a try. It's a beautiful experience, I just found the nausea a little too unpleasant for regular use tho.

I gotta disagree with that. Mescaline certainly has that power. Heck, MDMA has that power. Lots of people have life changing experiences with it.

I think MDMA is a different thing to mescaline tho. If you're going for a psychedelic experience I'd suggest mushrooms and lsd before mescaline. Not saying mescaline has nothing to offer, I just don't think it's as psychedelic.

I'm with you, mescaline is definately worth a try. It's a beautiful experience, I just found the nausea a little too unpleasant for regular use tho.

Ya, same reason I wouldn't use cactus as a semi-regular psychedelic. I don't believe gut wrenching is a necessary part of a psychedelic experience. Pure chemicals can give nausea too, but much less than herbals. As for empathogenic type psychedelics mescaline is great, but cactus has drawbacks. If you have access I'd lean towards chemical mescaline analogues (phenethylamines). I think the best one for therapeutic use is 2C-T-2.

I think MDMA is a different thing to mescaline tho. If you're going for a psychedelic experience I'd suggest mushrooms and lsd before mescaline. Not saying mescaline has nothing to offer, I just don't think it's as psychedelic.

Well, we have different views. I don't believe visuals are the measure of a psychedelic. I very much consider MDMA a psychedelic. Mescaline has quite a visual component and is known for being one of the oldest, classical psychedelics.

How are the visuals on Mescaline? That was always my favorite part. I enjoyed the feelings of connection to the universe and profound understanding that LSD would give. I just hated when I would get stuck in negative thought patterns. I have never had a trip that I could not handle. It's just that some were more enjoyable than others. Is it more stimulating? Sedating? Lot of OEV's? I don't know I guess I gotta just experience it myself.

Mescaline is more empathogenic than LSD. Visuals are present, but not quite as intense. More than anything I found it made colours really pop, some tracers and shifting patterns, general psychedelia, just not high dose LSD style waveforms/melting. There is a definite earthly connection. It's not as cosmic as LSD, more grounding and earthly. I think set has more to do with that than chemical though.

It's relaxing. There's stimulation in that all psychedelics are stimulating, but it's not like an amphetamine.

You have to ask yourself though; are you taking this to see "cool visuals" and get messed up or are you taking this to confront the reason why you take heroin?

Actually I ask myself this question? I really want visuals because I truly enjoy them but I want a feeling of connection and understanding with the outside world. I don't really want that much introspection. I feel I have done enough work with psychologists and I honestly feel I have mostly overcome my addiction. I am just having trouble feeling connected. My motivation is low. I feel stuck in a rut. Like I am forcing myself along in life. I want an experience and honestly I have so many drug test for my job that I would just like to have fun. Should I do it alone or with a close friend? You say empathogenic that sounds kinda what I am looking for.