View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking LSD alone?

OGSnaps

Bluelighter
I've dropped LSD once, at a waterpark in my hometown. It was an enjoyable experience, kind of scary, and opened my mind.
But I walked around 20 miles during that experience, ended up passed out at my friend's house with nobody home in the doorway.

I want to drop acid again, but I'm not sure if I should do it alone. I don't really want anyone around to bother me during the process, I just kinda want to lay in my bed and escape actual reality for a while. is this a horrible idea? also, since i'm not experienced that much with acid, will i be able to wake up the next morning okay?:?:?:?:?

Solo trips are not uncommon, plenty of people do it. However, it's always better to have a sitter if you have any doubts about what might happen during the trip. I recommend you try it with a sitter, then you can gauge the experience and decide if you want to trip solo next time.

I don' think it is a horrible idea at all and probably going to be a lot easier than tripping in a water park. Having a sitter is a good idea but if you want a solo experience then having a sitter will not give you the same rewards.

If you get the basics sorted out - set and setting then things normally fall into place. Set up a few play lists music, movies etc - make sure your not going to be interrupted etc. Having a safety net of a benzo can help as you know that if you need to calm yourself down you can (but don't over think it).

Also remember that what you may normally enjoy listening to or watching sober may be very different when your tripping so have a few options to hand.

I have about 80 acid trips under my belt and I have always tripped alone and have never even come close to having a bad experience. There really is nothing better than taking a walloping hit of LSD, getting into bed with your headphones on, and blasting into space for 8 hours. It makes for incredibly deep and incredibly beautiful trips and I personally think that having other people around - sober or tripping with you- would just distract you and really lessen the experience.

I think that if you consider yourself a calm, cool, collected type of person and you think you can take it alone... well then you can take it alone.

I never understood this "always have a sober sitter" business. Unless you're already a jittery nutcase who tries to jump off buildings and use blenders as shoes when sober then I don't think you need much help with handling LSD. Take a sensible dose and take a few steadying breaths if you feel a little overwhelmed (as I often do on the come-ups) and you'll be 100% fine. It can also be useful to have a benzo to hand to kill or lessen the trip if needed. If you don't have access to benzos, then have a glass of wine or some beers next to your bed to take the edge off instead.

will i be able to wake up the next morning okay?
Unless you take a smaller dose (less than 120µg-ish) you will find it extremely difficult to fall asleep for about 12 hours after you ingest the drug; your mind is just too excited to relax. So, either prepare to be awake all night, or start your trip earlier in the day so you can grab a few hours of sleep if you want.

Staying awake all night isn't the worst thing in the world with LSD, since you get to watch the sunrise and other things.

Lie back and enjoy!