• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Taking Kratom daily to prevent heroin withdrawal

CruelBri

Bluelighter
Relapsed like a month ago off my subutex. Started doing heroin. I went and bought the strongest Kratom. Capsules. And started taking about 8 grams a day while using heroin daily also. If I start using loss heroin while keeping my Kratom dose the same or even upping it. Do u think I will prevent heroin withdrawals completely and just stay on my Kratom doses?

Yeah that’s what I do with my oxy . When I run out I just go back to the Kratom . Takes all the physical withdrawals away but I def still crave that happy energy relaxing oxy feeling . I can sleep no restless legs .

So you have only been back on the gear for 30 days and was taking subutex prior to that? Were you taking heroin every day or just once in awhile? IV or snort?

Kratom can be really helpful in WD but heroin ( the good diacetylmorphine. not fent ) is a lot stronger than kratom. I think it will help a lot but as far as removing the heroin WD completely I'm not too sure about that. Maybe a codeine or vicodin habit could be covered totally but heroin/fent is so much stronger. And if you have been using every day for 30 days you might still feel a little crappy. But kratom will help for sure. Just have to dose high like you are. 8 grams is a good start. Good luck.

Just re-read your post. So are you still doing both heroin and kratom daily? Can you even feel the kratom ? Kratom works best without anything else when you are off whatever you are getting off of. It's like a comfort med but it doesn't cure WD....just softens the landing. You're wasting the kratom if you are taking heroin/fent with it. And it is increasing your tolerance too.

Last edited: