• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Taking Acid for A Second Time, Have Questions.

TrippyKid420

Greenlighter
Hi there! New to the forum and have some questions regarding acid/LSD.

(Skip to the last paragraph for questions, or read everythig to learn about my first trip)

I'm a pretty heavy shroom user and have experimented with DMT before but never Acid/LSD. Yesterday I got my first chance and bought a "double dipped" Acid tab.

I started by tripping on shrooms for about 4 hours then took the tab and turned into a laughing mess for about the next 7 hours after that. It was hilarious, everything was funny, stationary objects were moving and I could see patterns all over the walls and ceiling. Music was amazing and beautiful, one movie "wolf of wall street" felt like it lasted all day and one episode of Family Guy felt like it lasted 3 hours. In other words I had an amazing time.

But now here are my questions. I bought two more of these "double dipped", Is there really such a thing as "double dipped"? How long should I wait to take the next tab because I have heard you build a tolerance. Should I wait 1 week or maybe 2? Also last and finally should I take both tabs next tome instead of just one?

Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what double dipped means either. Is it just people claiming to lay crystal heavier on some tabs more than others?

I don't think price discussion is allowed here but ill just say yeah, 20 for a hit is too much unless the tab is over 200 mics or something ridiculous.

Actually it's still too much lol

Double dipped means someone is bullshitting you. It doesn't mean anything, tabs aren't really dipped anyways unless someone really doesn't know what they're doing.
No price talk at all here please.
You should wait at least one week, but 2 is better. I'd say try LSD without having shrooms next time so that you can experience LSD on it's own. You could drop both of your tabs at once if you want, or do them separately, whatever.

Thanks for the replies, I edited out the price stuff. My bad about that but yah I am definitely trying to do both tabs when I get the chance because although that one tab was fun and somewhat intense it wasn't anything world changing.

How many until I start seeing flying pink elephants and trees speaking english? Lol really though I'm curious how much I would need to take to experience some serious hallucinations.

Last edited:
Mm, "double dipped" sounds a lot like dealer hyperbole. I'd wait a few weeks and then try it on its own without the added shroomyness. "How many should I take?" is difficult to answer when everyone reacts differently and you have no idea of the dosage on yer blotters.. but if you're comfortable taking two, go for it.. though one on its own is probably worth experiencing. :)

How many until I start seeing flying pink elephants and trees speaking english? Lol really though I'm curious how much I would need to take to experience some serious hallucinations.
You quite likely will not experience true hallucinations. LSD is not that crazy of a substance. It's similar to mushrooms in terms of intensity, it just has a different character to it and a greater duration. If you're hoping to see and hear things that aren't there you're going to be disappointed in pretty much all psychedelics.

The subjective experiences between taking shrooms and acid are quite different for most people. You should realize that taking a double dose of LSD isn't going to recreate the same experience as taking acid with shrooms.

Shrooms are much more 'giggly,' IMO, and may have provided the greater portion of euphoria during your experience. Of course some people get wonderful euphoria from taking LSD but I never did....not really sure why I ever ate so much acid, but, I digress.

Yeah the 'double dipped' bit is likely just the dealer trying to get more money out of you.

At any rate, I think that you should perhaps put more thought into this and consider what you're hoping to get out of doubling your previous dose of LSD, when you had such a wonderful experience with the previous dosage? Taking too much LSD isn't anything I or likely anyone else really considers to be a pleasant experience.

Of course, YMMV, just thoughts....

Update: Took both those hits about 12 hours ago and been going strong basically all day haha. Very nice experience, love the way I can feel and experience music on walks, very enjoyable.

I'd assume double dip is dipping the sheet, drying it, and dipping again.... I don't think it matters how many times the sheets dipped, but lsd:solution ratio. The more saturated the liquid the more gets carried to the paper only seal in lsd when the liquid evaporates.

I think 'double dip' means just 2x normal dose. I always buy 250-300mic tabs because it works out cheaper to get those and cut them in half than buy 150mic tabs for me. I know that this dose is correct because I've had them tested (so I know they are LSD), and compared the effects of a tested 150mic tab to a halved tested 300mic tab, and they were the same. There is really no way to know the exact dose though, I'm just lucky I seem to have a good supplier, you could/should test to make sure it's LSD at least.

You should wait at least a week maybe two between trips. Be careful making a habit of tripping often like that though, monthly or less is better, simply because after a while you will become a bit 'out there' until you chill out your usage for a bit, this may be a desired effect though =D Whether you take two tabs or not, IDK, depends how strong you want it. Bare in mind you wont have felt that full tab because the mushrooms you were on will have already given you some tolerance to it, as well as colouring the experience. Personally, I'd wait a couple of weeks and take one tab with nothing else, and see how you like it.