• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Taking a medicine to quickly lower blood pressure during Cocaine binge

Have you any way of measuring your BP when you have these headaches? The wrist cuffs are not great but better than nothing.

It’s concerning that you’re having headaches whilst binging. What painkillers are you using that aren’t working?

That would make me freak out even more and cause even higher blood pressure!

If the effects are worrying, would it not be better just to cut it altogether?

Once you start to associate anxiety/worries with stims, you're unlikely to ever get back to the original good experience IME.

Even that sentence scares me! “Headaches that could kill an elephant.”

Look, you’re getting nothing out of using it are you? If you’re getting such severe headaches then it must not be fun.

I really don’t think stimulants are something you should be abusing. I do honestly think you’re risking your life.

Please be safe. If you do use them don’t binge such large amounts but I honestly think you should not use them at all.
I was hoping to get something out of it if I could stop headaches tbh but right now its not fun.
I don't have many options to replace it with either. I will never touch opioids, I hate MDMA, Weed and Alcohol. I like psychedelics, but they are more therapeutic than fun. I felt coke was a safe option if taken once in a while but guess not.

That would make me freak out even more and cause even higher blood pressure!

If the effects are worrying, would it not be better just to cut it altogether?

Once you start to associate anxiety/worries with stims, you're unlikely to ever get back to the original good experience IME.
He’s having headaches so severe anyway. He’s already rightly worried about it and yes he should cut it out. Which was my advice.

Stress doesn’t raise blood pressure that much anyway as I’ve recently been informed by a cardiologist. But what does she know.

Do you mean what it might be cut with? Because I do test it for purity to make sure.

What would you consider safer option? I did not realize 12 hour binge was that long, but I do agree with you on principal.
Tbh, stimulants are drugs that force your body to work and in return you're paying with less seconds in this world. Idk, I prefer downers or dissociatives but tbh every drug has a price to pay in the end.

Why not use some β-blocker like Propranolol, it has short half life, is not selective (hits a bunch of receptors) and will not let your HR climb beyond a certain BPM. There are also specific Calcium Channel Blockers specifically used to combat cokes toxic effects on Cardiovascular system.

Why not use some β-blocker like Propranolol, it has short half life, is not selective (hits a bunch of receptors) and will not let your HR climb beyond a certain BPM. There are also specific Calcium Channel Blockers specifically used to combat cokes toxic effects on Cardiovascular system.
Never fucking combine beta blockers and stimulants.

This will jack up your blood pressure because beta receptors and alpha receptors have some reciprocal properties with alpha receptors in maintenence of blood vessel tone (and therefore blood pressure).

Taking beta blockers with a stimulant is very dangerous and will increase blood pressure.

I would also not combine cardiac selective calcium channel blockers with coke. Coke already is altering the shape of the heart action potential in two opposing, but non overlapping manners.

Adding calcium channel blockers into this (which many of those drugs are fairly dirty, so hit even more targets) really increases the risk of an arrhythmia.

Plus the op isn't even complaining about heart rate, so both of these questions aren't germane.

I mean everyone is right cocaine can be incredibly dangerous, but I know plenty of crackheads who've smoked it for 20+ years still going strong.

In my eyes, you need to have a healthy balance in life.

Good diet, exercise, etc. This allows you too play with more fire and not get burned.

Risk of overdose probably increases for those that don't do drugs often and don't have tolerance built up.
I appreciate every advice here so I will partly listen and at least decrease my binge time from 12 to 8 hours and decrease dosage from 1.2g to 800mg. I'll measure my BP and see if its at alarming levels.
I can't cut it all together because my body needs to compensate for the complete lack of drugs in my life. I don't want to have this need for maintaining psychological balance but it is what it is.

Last edited:
I was smoking three grams of crack a day for a couple years. Had a clonidine script which helped a ton, and i was taking up to three a day. Never had any problems with the mix.

Hope that helps.

Personally, I would really consider not binging on stimulants if it facilitates this level of discomfort and concern. And yes...your cardiovascular system can be pushed to the limit, and depending on your physiology, stimulants like blow can really be uncomfortable for many people.

It was one of the reasons I did away with it many moons ago...because I felt like I was going to die. Had way too many side effects for it to even be remotely "fun." Chest pain, racing heart, shortness of breath, headaches, and so on. And yes...the anxiety coupled with all the physical sensations was just shitty. Coke is so more-ish too that I just hated the fiending and impulsive desire to do more and more and more. So perhaps you're not cut out to tolerate cocaine. But that's just my two pennies worth...