• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

taking 2 OP40's at once equal OP80?

Tosh.Suku

Bluelighter
I just swallowed 2 OP40's on an empty stomach with some warm coffee (would something more acidic like coke been better?). I read accounts of people who claimed to see these pills in their stool later. As if it skipped being absorbed 'cuz it didn't disolve in the tummy long enough before the pill moved on, so to speak.

My question(s) :

How much oxycodone is released, per hour for example, in an OP40?
How long roughly is each OP40 supposed to last (during w/d) until it's neccessary to take another?

The only reason I'm asking these questions is because I have been using many 30mg roxys orally for a while and recently have had difficulty aquiring many. I am/was trying to get enough roxys and maybe OP's to create a bareable taper.

EDIT: Rather stupid question but is it safe (as in, not wastful) to swallow roxy 30's shortly after having already swallowed some OP40's? Like is there anything in the OP40's that will block or inhibit oxycodone (instant release formulations) from the roxys?

Needless to say, I found 5 30mg roxys and don't want to waste them.

Last edited:
Save the roxies for another time. It seems to me the OP's should get you where you want to be. Taking the roxies on top of them is pretty much over kill. IMHO.

Save the roxies for another time. It seems to me the OP's should get you where you want to be. Taking the roxies on top of them is pretty much over kill. IMHO.

Thank you, Beach. I'll try it your way because frankly it makes sense. How do you generally take the OP40's orally? In my case, I'll make sure my stomach is empty, then allow them to melt in my mouth essencially sucking off the yucky coating for up to 3 minutes, then I start biting at them for another 2-5 minutes while trying not to break my teeth. I guess that's referred to as chewing them? Eventually when I can break them up orally into atleast 4-6 peices, I'll swallow them with half a glass of Coca Cola soda (no alcohol).

Do you, or anybody smarter than us, believe this approach, will speed up the on-set of effects from stomach absorption or am I doing more harm than good by screwing with the chemical matrix in these things? In short, I'm not looking to bypass the extended release, I just wanna make sure I'm getting maximum value from each and every mg of the OP40's during w/d.

I wonder if 20% of the OP40 is released into the bloodstream in the first hour, then 1-3mg per hour thereafter?

I don't know exactly what my oxycodone tolerance is but I generally need to take 3 OP40's at once to feel something, atleast as far as the first dose goes, taking 3-at-once lasts me 5 hours.

Sadly availability has and is becoming a real bitch for me nowadays and was one variable I seriously underestimated when I realized I was becoming physically depedent & pyschologically addicted to pain pills (such as vicodin, vicoprofen, roxys and OP's) and tried to create a stash large enough to accommodate a long steady taper so that by the time I jump off and discover I can't function without them, atleast any professional treatment sought afterwords may be less intense or intrusive than if I take that path simply because of a dry spell, you know?

Chewing them will lessen the amount of time that they keep you out of withdrawal if that is your goal. Take them whole so they last the full 8-12 hours (they're formulated to last 12 but some people's metabolism will burn through them a bit faster). Unless you see them in *your* stool I would assume you are able to digest them properly. You won't feel them like you would when taking them to get high but they should reduce your withdrawal symptoms. Oxymorphone will not inhibit oxycodone but if your goal is to feel "high" from them you would need to take it before or after oxymorphone wears off. Can take both in same time frame if goal is to add oxycodone into system to further diminish withdrawal. It will be difficult to taper dose with the OPs though unless you have varying strengths or plan to crush and only take parts of a pill in decreasing increments over a few days. Rule of thumb for fast taper is to decrease your total dose by 50% daily. Tapering will help but will not prevent withdrawal. Best of luck!

Yes. Two Oxycodone OP 40's should be equal to one OP 80 in onset, duration and potency.