• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tagamet completely ruined my Oxy

SlightlyStoopid

Bluelighter
So, after doing some research on Oxycodone potentiators — on both Bluelight and Google — the three main ones I came across were white grapefruit juice, Tagamet, and Quinine.

I didn't have any grapefruit juice or quinine on hand, so I dosed 200mg of Tagamet about 45 minutes to an hour before I took my Oxy. I then crushed up and parachuted 70mg worth of Percs — since I like it to hit hard — however, it gave me the completely opposite effect: it kicked in extremely slowly (approximately 30 minutes or so) and felt more like taking 20mg worth of Oxy or something. The effects were very, very subtle.

I then crushed up and parachuted another seven 10mg Percs the following evening — without taking the Tagamet — and it got me exactly where I wanted to be. It hit exactly how 70mg of Oxy parachuted should hit.

I'm just a little confused because I thought Tagamet was supposed to potentiate opioids. Why did it make the effects weaker and less pronounced?

Last edited:
I have no idea but if the 70mg hit you right on the second try why on earth you messing? Wise old lady who walked with a limp and had a wooden eye once told me if it ain't broke don't fix it.. Those words stuck with me for about a week until I tried changing up something that wasn't broke and it backfired on me and for the life of me I can't remember what it was but that old lady was right...Try taking kratom before oxycodone next time if you want some real blocking effects...can't believe how strong that Kratom is and they sell it at your local tobacco shop.

I have no idea but if the 70mg hit you right on the second try why on earth you messing? Wise old lady who walked with a limp and had a wooden eye once told me if it ain't broke don't fix it.. Those words stuck with me for about a week until I tried changing up something that wasn't broke and it backfired on me and for the life of me I can't remember what it was but that old lady was right...Try taking kratom before oxycodone next time if you want some real blocking effects...can't believe how strong that Kratom is and they sell it at your local tobacco shop.
Because it was an experiment. I was reading up on opioid potentiators — and saw Tagamet mentioned several times — so I wanted to try it for myself.