Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Syringes in perth?

CHRONIK420MAD

Greenlighter
No I am not an addict for the past year I have been banging every 2-3 weeks due to the fact its much more convient and I can bounce around northbridge without having to make holes in my nose or hide in a corner smoking a pipe for the whole night and destroying my lungs and teeth, but during the whole year I had been getting a fresh clean syringes from my dealer but now due to circumstances i have to go somewhere else and I dont really know where to get them?, could someone please let me know whether specific chemists, or all of them? or whether im gona be hounded by quiestions

and I'm not keen on asking random dealers due to the fact a lot of people seem to heavily frown upon injecting

Last edited by a moderator:
I know where I live theres a needle exchange that gives out packs of free needles, cookers, cottons, clean water, all that.. and you can also buy them at pharmacies here, like shoppers drug mart or a local one.

One option is to ask a pharmacy for a "fit pack"
Another is to go seek out a needle exchange like this one http://www.wasua.com.au/
A lot of people buy off the net these days, but you could find that having 100 fits in your possession is a bad thing.
Either way, if you do take that option, make sure you know what you're looking for (needle gauge etc) and we can't give any links for that sort of thing.
Hope that helps. I always used to just buy fit packs from chemists.
Be safe!

Yeah mate, as what people said above most chemists sell needles in 'fitpacks'(brand name I think) but they arent all sold like that, sometimes they will put like 5 needles,wipes and fluid in a paper bag.

Its really not be the best idea to buy needles from your dealer.

Also believing that IVing is some how safer than snorting or smoking is quite silly, even if you are extra carefull.

^^ yeah I wouldnt consider it 'safer' although I do believe (referring to meth) that snorting does more damage in comparison... (please note, being safer and doing physical damage are two different things)

you can get fit-packs from nearly any chemist you walk into in WA.. other wise there's an exchange on murray street in west perth..

you used to buy of dealers? wtf? haha never heard of that before..

you can get them at almost every chemist and needle exchanges or shooting gallery or what ever there called.sorry not trying to hijack the thread but has anyone else noticed the price of a fit pack has almost doubled and becoming alot harder to find.for last weekend i went to 3 chemists and none of them stocked fit packs finally when we found a chemist that stocked them they didint include cotton wool (filters) or clean water just 5-6 picks and the things you put em in once your done using them for double the price of what the good fit packs used to be :\

^ if you want cottons, spoon, water etc, ask for a "fit pack plus".
Agree it is very expensive. I buy syringes online, it's much cheaper and - for me at least - more discreet.

where I live, (not WA) there is a coin-slot dispenser for fit-packs, a goldie gets you 3 fits and wipes,sadly, no water. However, its anonymous, 24 hour, and (probably) they don't have a camera looking at your rego. It doesnt advertise, nor is it obvious, its in a carpark behind a chemist, and painted in such a way that only those who know what it is would give it a second glance.

^^ thats dope.. wish we had em in perth.. we dont even have a 24/h pharmacy NOR (that I know of.. or even SOR for that matter)

Yes we also have one of these in Hobart, TAS discreet as you wouldn't even know what it is unless your in the kn;)ow, love it.
where I live, (not WA) there is a coin-slot dispenser for fit-packs, a goldie gets you 3 fits and wipes,sadly, no water. However, its anonymous, 24 hour, and (probably) they don't have a camera looking at your rego. It doesnt advertise, nor is it obvious, its in a carpark behind a chemist, and painted in such a way that only those who know what it is would give it a second glance.

They are sometimes fairly judgemental at chemists. If you don't enjoy sometimes being treated unfairly (despite the fact that they are not allowed to treat you unfairly, they sometimes do) there are several needle exchanges where you can exchange (correctly disposed of) used syringes for new ones, or purchase new syringes for a very small cost. I'm not sure if I can post links as a GreenLighter, but you can search "wa health nap services" in google and find a list of exchanges and services. My preferred exchange is WASUA office at 519 Murray Street in West Perth, as they are very friendly, non-judgemental and helpful in providing harm reduction information. I hope this helps :)

*I just realised that this is an old thread, but hopefully the information is useful to someone who so requires it!

They are sometimes fairly judgemental at chemists. If you don't enjoy sometimes being treated unfairly (despite the fact that they are not allowed to treat you unfairly, they sometimes do) there are several needle exchanges where you can exchange (correctly disposed of) used syringes for new ones, or purchase new syringes for a very small cost. I'm not sure if I can post links as a GreenLighter, but you can search "wa health nap services" in google and find a list of exchanges and services. My preferred exchange is WASUA office at 519 Murray Street in West Perth, as they are very friendly, non-judgemental and helpful in providing harm reduction information. I hope this helps :)

*I just realised that this is an old thread, but hopefully the information is useful to someone who so requires it!

lol that bloody exchange gave me the shits last time.. asked for 30 1cc ontop of all the micron filters n what-not.. got home (over an hours travel away) and realized they gave me 0.5cc fits :! haha I hate em! the tips way too small and I actually needed the 1cc because I was prepping hydromorphone pills and you need atleast 1ml of water for the prep.. on the plus side, they gave me some gay bag to carry it all in (pun not intended - being an aids council n all :\ ) as they literally had no plastic bags...

other than that, they are great.. very helpful and friendly although quite clueless about IV drug use (most of them are there to help HIV/AIDs sufferers, not mindless gutter junkies like myself)

btw, I've never been looked down on at any chemist.. they have always treated me like any other customer.. actually hahahah this one time, this young chick (infront of another customer, mind you) was like 'do you know what these are used for?! people inject heroin with this!' haha I was about to say well actually Ill be shooting up meth but opted for 'I wouldnt have a clue, my mate wanted me to get it for him' ;P (followed by a two minute lecture how I should find new mates)

I just say I use them to dig splinters out of my foot/hand whatever to get the cannula. Then go get a 3 or 5 ml syringe from another chemist so I can administer cough syrup to my nephew cause the bottle I got didn't have one of those "dispenser" things. I also pick up saline to wash the "wound" from the "splinter" I'll be digging out with the cannula. That thing is sterile? So it'll be ok to get at this bit of wood that stuck in my foot while I was out in the back yard? Will I need something to wash it out with? I'll grab that saline stuff. I got bandaids and betadine at home so I'll be ok to use them after I get this thing out? Even better if you have a foot full of sea urchin spines. That or go to the needle exchange.

Mind you I don't IV these days. I IM MXE and K though. Nothing like a prepping a 21 gauge cannula with 1 ml of N/saline with MXE/K dissolved to scare the shit out of someone, especially if they have only used insulin syringes or at best a 23 gauge cannula. (I don't share BTW and all equipment is disposed of for each individual dose, indeed everything is aseptic, I use alco preps, dispose of everything each time). Micron filters or at worst sterile gauze as a filter is a must. As a result I only do it as a rare treat these days when I have some fucking good K, MXE or 3 meo pcp. I can't believe how many IV users are afraid of large gauge cannula's for IM administration. Many are just scared of needles period unless they are driving a shot with a piddly little insulin syringe.

I just say I use them to dig splinters out of my foot/hand whatever to get the cannula. Then go get a 3 or 5 ml syringe from another chemist so I can administer cough syrup to my nephew cause the bottle I got didn't have one of those "dispenser" things. I also pick up saline to wash the "wound" from the "splinter" I'll be digging out with the cannula. That thing is sterile? So it'll be ok to get at this bit of wood that stuck in my foot while I was out in the back yard? Will I need something to wash it out with? I'll grab that saline stuff. I got bandaids and betadine at home so I'll be ok to use them after I get this thing out? Even better if you have a foot full of sea urchin spines. That or go to the needle exchange.

Mind you I don't IV these days. I IM MXE and K though. Nothing like a prepping a 21 gauge cannula with 1 ml of N/saline with MXE/K dissolved to scare the shit out of someone, especially if they have only used insulin syringes or at best a 23 gauge cannula. (I don't share BTW and all equipment is disposed of for each individual dose, indeed everything is aseptic, I use alco preps, dispose of everything each time). Micron filters or at worst sterile gauze as a filter is a must. As a result I only do it as a rare treat these days when I have some fucking good K, MXE or 3 meo pcp. I can't believe how many IV users are afraid of large gauge cannula's for IM administration. Many are just scared of needles period unless they are driving a shot with a piddly little insulin syringe.

I believe IMing has a much greater chance of causing an abscess than IVing, and it seems like the larger/lower gauge needle you use, the higher the chance of a particle of something getting sucks up and then injected, or pushed in with the tip of the needle, and stuck in muscle tissue. Seems like something reasonable to be cautious about, even when using a micron filter but especially if not.