• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Switching from sub to methadone

Branggen

Bluelighter
NEED HELP Switching from sub to methadone

I usually take 2mg of sub 3x daily. How long should I wait to take methadone (not necessarily for full effect but for it to work) and how much should I take thank you.

Last edited:
Could really use some advice before I go ahead and take the methadone today.

you do realize you are facing no worries by taking it too early aside from possibly wasting it a bit.

its not like you would get sick if you take it too early; if anything it would block the done' a bit. take it whenever but to get best effect wait 24-36hrs.

are you switching for good? I was on suboxone and a methadone clinic opened in my area, so I switched; it went pretty good at first-

I actually felt the first 30mg dose and thought I made the right decision

but after seeing 3 different 'directors' resign within a year, the low lifes who surrounded me daily in line begging each other for benzos, and then fighting over 2 kpins which the other guy never gave him back, pregnant girls in line, and being turned away at 9:03AM because of traffic- I realized what liquid handcuffs meant. THEN they started implementing rules on us (no hats, no PJ pants, and making us come to an hour and a half group and a 1 on 1 hour long counsiling session every week.. I asked to be dropped from 60mg to 30mg within a month so I could switch back to suboxone so I could at least have some of my life back.

the scary part was switching BACK to sub, waiting 72 hours (minimum) before I could take that first sub. and it still putting me in the worst PWD i've ever experienced. eff methadone. (this is only my opinion and obviously you should do whats best for you) but just know of the consequences

^ It really depends on the area. My clinic is open till 1pm and I dont pay attention in line so I dont know what people talk about really. I am also benefited by the fact I dont really get triggers or cravings but I do know what you mean if you arent fully ready to be clean as I am sure i could find whatever in line I just dont think about it.

I have to go for a 1 hour group each month and a "treatment plan" every 3 months where they "go over my recovery" They have a free ear acupuncture group i go to usually as some of the stuff people say in the "talk and learn groups" rots my brain. You will realize how educated bluelighters are quickly by going to some groups about drugs it can be refreshing to know at least you have a step up.

Personally I like methadone as much as i liked subs. So far it all seems easy enough, and i was in line in the snow for 1.5 hours once because of their huge mistake in operation. The line went from teh door around the parking lot and into the street they couldnt allow more then 100 people in the building and had the fire marshal counting. People were freezing it was terrible but i did it and then spit it up into a cup infront of my mother (driving) and saying "I dont know how long we will be on there 2 take homes, i can manage to be sick but i am not having (my girlfriend) wait in a freezing line for 2 hours she can take my take homes i will drink this when i am sick" That is how insane it was during a 2 day blizzard.

It really depends what state you are in, what program you are in, and who you are as a person. Believe me the clinic has tried to fuck me by holding my dose or whatever I just say "oh im on hold thats fine i have work remove the hold or i will leave and come back tomorrow" i find if you dont give them power they have none lol they clear those holds right away when youj say "oh i wont get medicated its fine"

Your millage WILL very however, that is my point!