• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Supplements: to take or not to take?

Thanks again for the help :)

Mulungu seems interesting, but it looks more like a calming medicine rather than a stimulating one. Also, being from the UK, barely any of these great possible options are available to me :/

I'll deffo try Ashwagandha!

Siberian Ginseng was something that I looked at, and heard it was quite similar (effect wise on mood/brain function) to Korean Ginseng: which one would you suggest I try?
Depends on what you're looking for; general mood booster American, labido pan ax, stimulating anxiety relief Siberian

Depends on what you're looking for; general mood booster American, labido pan ax, stimulating anxiety relief Siberian

Interesting, however it says that Panax Ginseng aids a lot towards higher concentration, mood and stimulation (among other things) also, so is it worth trying it to find out? There's a 100% money back guarantee with the brand I bought, so I guess I'll see how it goes

Wish I found this thread before spending 300 bucks at the shoppe. I have everything mentioned in this thread just about, as well as some other stuff like Holy Basil. I'm trying to get my brain right after binging on opiates for 4 years, stopping suddenly and becoming a raging alcoholic for a month.

I cant even begin to tell you how much money ive spent on bull**** its way more then is acceptable.

I like and my guess on how confident i am they do something
Green tea
Caffeine very high
Egcg moderate
L theanine low

Coffee
Caffeine very high
Melanoidins low
Chlorogenic acid (cla) low

Curcumin low with piperine very low

Fish oil moderate

A good source of fiber (low) either from a tub u can shake or plants or oats or i just chew fiber like gum

I would recommend Valerian for anxiety and particularly insomnia. A Valerian liquid extract really helps me keep to a good sleep schedule.

Mulungu seems interesting, but it looks more like a calming medicine rather than a stimulating one. Also, being from the UK, barely any of these great possible options are available to me :/

Mulungu is def calming, on the sedative side of the scale.

It's strange isn't? The most easily accessible and arguably cheapest stimulant (caffeine) is probably the most effective when you compare it to things like Rhodiola, which is much more expensive. And with L-Theanine, which removes pretty much all of the side effects, it's looking like the safest bet - probably in the form of Green Tea though, much better than coffee imo

Just thought it was worth a mention that curcumin in tumeric is thought to be beneficial due to it's action long term in increasing brain BDNF levels which aids in hippocampal neurogenesis which can help cure anxiety rater than it's immediate action.

Im addicted to caffeine i chew tea leaves and drink black coffee.

Btw if you want to maximize the extraction of polyphenols from tea you can brew it at 80 to 100 c for five minutes 3 to 5 times .

If anyone cares i could prob find the paper somewhere

blood test came back and turns out i'm low on B12 so i've just started to receive my first round of injections (3 a week for the first 2 weeks)
hopefully this'll give me some energy cause i've been soo tired for as long as i can remember.

does B12 interact with anything btw?

The best mood supplements that I have stumbled across are Rhodiola (2 months on, 1 month off cycle), DLPA, and a chelated magnesium supplement (I am using magnesium glycinate currently.) It seems like I got some benefit from SAMe as well.

Those that are popular that failed for me are L-Tyrosine and Ashwaghanda.

One must be certain to get the "correct" formulation, or high quality brand, and it can often be expensive, but the choice could be the difference between a full range of effects and no effects at all. Rhodiola worked by far the best for me, if you discount phenibut. (I feel it is only sold under the guise of "supplement" when I think of it more as a potent pharmaceutical not on the OTC bodybuilding side of things where it is seen to often hang out.)

Historically/mythologically speaking, Siddhartha Gautama supposedly had a form of potent tea that was available at the time, containing a specific caffeine to theanine ratio, and he developed the traditional practice of meditation and trancendence while under its influence.

L theninenis in green tea. Injust put the leaves in the bag in ,y cheakmfrmthe l tneanine brew itnfrmthe caffeine or chew it like gum for the egcg or aoternatively brew it 5 times

blood test came back and turns out i'm low on B12 so i've just started to receive my first round of injections (3 a week for the first 2 weeks)
hopefully this'll give me some energy cause i've been soo tired for as long as i can remember.

does B12 interact with anything btw?

No with injections you're fine.

I would opt for the methylcobalamin rather than the synthetic Cyanocobalamin, which has to be converted once injected and isn't as potent or beneficial.

Most doctors nowadays though give out the Cyanocobalamin, because it's cheaper. Since you have a deficiency you will notice improvement regardless which one, but those of us who aren't deficient and still want the benefits of energy, increased appetite, increased RBC etc.. should opt for the methyl form.

Something that helped my mood and focus is Mucuna pruriens. It contains small amounts of L-DOPA, a precursor to Dopamine. It reportedly has small amounts of nicotine and bufotenin but not a high enough concentration to produce psychedelic effects. I had taken it on Lexapro and didn't notice any negative interactions. Might wanna check that out. Best wishes

Something that helped my mood and focus is Mucuna pruriens. It contains small amounts of L-DOPA, a precursor to Dopamine. It reportedly has small amounts of nicotine and bufotenin but not a high enough concentration to produce psychedelic effects. I had taken it on Lexapro and didn't notice any negative interactions. Might wanna check that out. Best wishes

Sounds interesting, I might check it out. Is it something to help you sleep by any chance? The Animal Pak (Sleep) pak has this in it, so it's quite sedative?

Do try.

After your thread, and a few others in a row, I was why am I not taking any steps to get a little more on the better side. And ordered a 250 gram bio ashwagandha powder. coming in tommorow. Thank you for reminding me how great this stuff is. I get back on this after I start dosing and actually improve my skills.

So how is you aproach Tallbuilding, are you adding ashwagandha to a stack. Just curious. Mulungu I at the time thought was a pretty unique hypnotic.I didn't bother try it during wakefullness, only as sleep inducer. And at that it was effective.