• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Supplements: to take or not to take?

Yes I do want to try Ashwagandha, might get a bottle of it soon! How's it been for you so far?

Yes I do want to try Ashwagandha, might get a bottle of it soon! How's it been for you so far?

Not very succesfull, as in none of the results I raved about.

Why?

Well it could be the pure form has very low percentage of whitanolides, haven't found a estimate yet. So I bought an extract from the repetuable brand I allready had good results with (can you mention brands?).
Due to finding an old package I noticed their extract has changed overtime from 4.5% to 2.5%. So the dosage is lower. I will raise it today trying to get that effect I am looking for starting with the horse like urine.

I am hoping I haven't placebo'd myself Tallbuilding :)

Given the relevance to the discussion, mentioning a brand is probably okay, just as long as it doesn't turn into promotion of a particular vender and is legal. Of course, staff reserve the right to edit or remove posts in violation of BLUA.

As soon as effects are there I might mention the brand okay.

Another factor to be taking in consideration is my alcohol intake that been steady 2/ 3 units a day for a few months. When I got those good results I was alcohol free probably, using Kratom daily instead. And alcohol is known to cover up subtle effects of things like Ashwagandha. So that's something I 'll have to take in consideration and stop to experience the effects of the whitanolides while being 'dry'.

I use theanine, lysine, and ashwaganda with my stims to keep my mood/anxiety in check. If you're still looking for something for sleep valerian root has really helped me. IIRC, it increases the transformation of glutamate to GABA. And melatonin about 30 minutes before laying down normally does me in.