• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Superglue story contest - voting phase v. FINALLY!

Which story sticks in my mind the most?

• Story #1

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Story #2

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Story #3

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

New

Bluelight Crew
Here are the stories, made anonymous by me so that we don't have any of that silly nepotism or haterade voting going on.

Please, if you recognize your story, do NOT, NOT, NOT identify it as such. If the authors are made public before polling is closed, the contest will end the moment that I find out and nobody wins - no exceptions.

Alright, then. Here goes. Polling is open for two weeks, and every story is as dynamite as a Nobel prize. Let the final phase...begin!

Story #1

The thing about superglue is that it can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Picture a demonic, bitter (now) ex-girlfriend who found out that you have fathered another womans offspring. Said woman aint happy. No siree, she holds you in contempt with every harsh stare across the dinner table, but she still sleeps in the same bed.

After enjoying a wonderful Indian takeaway in front of the box, stuffed; you head to bed. She joins you not long after.

Good. Everything good?!

NO

You wake up a few hours later to find your penis glued to your stomach. And by glued, I mean SUPERglued. What the fuck is going on?!

Are you still asleep? Is this just a bizarre dream?

Like fuck it is, that bitch has glued your dick to your stomach, and you badly need a piss! Panicking, you go to the bathroom and sit on the seat. You attempt to piss but just get it all over yourself. Immediately you jump into the shower and relieve yourself in this alien fashion.

This is bad!

Ok so some people have terminal illness, missing limbs and the doctors on speed dial; this aint life threatening but it's bad. How the fuck can you be expected to take a piss in a shower cubicle when you have a works presentation 50 minutes later? You haven't even contemplated the sexual aspect, you just need assurances on pissing freely.

Water aint working, soap and water aint working, it's fucking stuck!

You get on google while the bitch is still sleeping. Apparently nail polish remover will help the situation but you don't have any in supply.

The next option is white spirit. Off you trot to the DIY shop, cock resting on your waistband, thoughts of contempt running through your mind.

Exiting the store as soon as possible, you pace a brisk walk home.

The bitch is gone. Bed left in a mess, towels strewn across the bedroom floor and a sickly perfume smell is in the air.

About 45 minutes later, with the help of your purchased product, you're free (and sore) of the temporary disability. The only thing you can think about is revenge. You can serve it cold, hot or lukewarm but the girlfriend is getting punished. How else to incorporate superglue into a plan of retribution?

She must have walked to work. I filled both locks of her BMW with the superglue. I stayed at home to await her return. As the time got nearer I found myself getting angrier at what this bitch had done to me in my own home. My plans of just telling her to "get the fuck out and never come back" were overridden by a nasty inner being. Fuck it I thought and the remainder of my supply of superglue went carefully into her bottle of Tresemme shampoo.

There was nothing left to do. If I stayed to confront her I just know it would have kicked off. The brass neck of the bitch would mean that she would resume service as normal. This meant having a coffee, then taking a shower. I left my residence and went for a stroll in a nearby park.

I was never to see her again. She had indeed used the rigged shampoo and washed her hair with a mixture of shampoo and superglue. It turns out she had phoned her mother crying about the state of her barnet, but not before smashing up my Xbox, TV and literally throwing all of my crockery out into the driveway. Yep she was pissed off alright I judged as I made my way back to my now messed up home.

I heard from mutual friends that she looked like something out of the Rocky Horror Show and she had to resort to getting most of her locks cut. Unfortunately I didn't have a photo of this catastrophe, but I would have paid good money to see her crying with that mess in her hair.

When I got back her car was still in the drive unsurprisingly. I thought about smashing it up proper, but couldn't be doing with the hassle. It was 'sorted' a few days later by some locksmith company and driven away.

All of this just because we were both mute and couldn't communicate with each other properly. Well 2 years wasn't bad going.

She stuck around for a while and we bonded somewhat well, but it had to come to a sticky end.

Story #2

Separation​

The Felchers synchronised long before they arrived at Box Hill Emergency. Peter'd insisted upon it, before they left the apartment. “It's embarrassing enough, Berny,” he'd said, his face less than inch away from hers. “If we can't walk on top of everything else, I'm not going. It's as simple as that.”

Three or four hours later, as they approached the reception desk, his voice was still ringing in her ears. With every step, she heard, “Left, right. Left, right. Left, right. Left.”

Behind the counter, a large unpleasant woman exhaled sharply through her nostrils.

“Hello.” Peter said, cheerfully, pausing to read the receptionist's name-tag. “ Florence, is it? We'd like to see a doctor. As soon as possible. Berny and I, we're in somewhat of a... predicament. Not sure how it happened, exactly.”

Bernice wanted to die. She wasn't sure what was more embarrassing – the four legged march they'd perfected back at the apartment – or Peter's unwavering confidence. He acted as if there was nothing wrong, which just made everything worse.There was no shame in his voice. None, whatsoever. Nor a single bead of sweat. He was calmer than pond water.

Florence, pressing her glasses hard into her forehead with her fat discoloured index finger, said, “Yes?” She spoke like a cobra, spitting poison. “What can I do for you?”

“Well,” replied Peter. “As you can see...”

“You're going to have to be more specific,” said Florence, taking a long tired pause, before hissing through the gaps between her teeth and reluctantly adding, “Sir.” Her face twisted into an expression of sheer disgust as she said it, as if the word tasted foul. She let her glasses slide down the bridge of her nose, peering over the top of them. Her naked eyes, locked on the Felchers.

“Please,” Bernice said, on the verge of tears.

Florence raised a hand causing her lime-green nail extensions, nearly as long as her fingers, to wobble. Then, she extended a pinky and proceeding to shovel earwax from her inner ear into a neat pile on the counter. “Do you have private health insurance?”

“No,” replied Peter. “Not as such.”

Dislodging a sticky, dark-orange chunk of wax from her fingernail, with the tip of a pencil, Florence yawned, “Medicare cards?”

“No,” Bernice said. “We're, uh, temporary residents.”

Making a thick smacking sound with her gums, claw-like fingernails scraping at the seemingly endless supply of dry skin and wax inside her ears, Florence said, “It's quite substantial, you realise. The out-of-pocket fee.”

“How substantial?” asked Peter.

“Somewhere in the vicinity of two, maybe three, thousand.”

Bernice started to cry.

“Three thousand?” Peter hesitated, took a deep breath, and said, "Surely not.”

“Afraid so,” Florence replied. Taking off her glasses, and resting them between her teeth, she added, “You shouldn't travel without basic insurance, you know.”

“No!” Peter barked, finally starting to lose his cool. “We're citizens.”

Bernice, speaking at a less-than-dignified volume, said, “He doesn't know what he's saying! We're not citizens. We're temporary residents and we need help. Please. Have mercy.”

Florence shifted in her seat, raising her ass from the leather cushioning to make way for a fart. All the while, she maintained eye contact with Bernice. “Maybe you should try asking the doctor.” she said. “I don't make the rules, you know?”

“Here,” said Peter, slamming his Medicare card down on the counter. “Just help us, okay?”

“Felcher,” she said, as she punched in his details. “Is that Dutch?”

Red-faced and speaking through his teeth, Peter said, “No.”

Tapping at keys idly with her novelty fingernails, Florence continued to copy his details into the hospital database. “Welsh?” she said. “It's Welsh, isn't it?”

“What?” Peter half-shouted, promptly repressing his outrage and adding a whispered, “No.”

Florence maintained her indifference. “German, then?” she asked, handing back the card, her voice unmistakably disinterested.

“No. Look, I don't fucking know, okay?”

“No need for that kind of language, sir.” Florence said, turning her attention towards Bernice. “I'm going to need your details, too, Mrs. Felcher.”

“Miss.”

“Oh,” replied Florence, with a raised eyebrow. “Of course.”

Tears mixing with the liquid snot dripping from her nostrils, Bernice produced her healthcare card and dropped it on the counter. “How long before we see someone?” she asked, struggling to pronounce every syllable.

“Felcher,” Florence muttered to herself, her gaze shifting from the healthcare card to Bernice and back again. “I assume you were married, at some point. The two of you, I mean.”

“What?” said Peter. “No. Absolutely not.”

“It's just, well, Felcher is such an uncommon name.”

“How long?” Bernice persisted.

Florence rested her glasses back against the bridge of her nose. Typing three words a minute, one key at a time, she said, “Can I ask, are the two of you related?”

“Of course we're related,” snapped Bernice. “He's my brother. We're Siamese twins.”

“I see.” Florence stopped typing, taking a moment to give the Felchers one last long, judgemental assessment. “And what, might I ask, is the nature of your emergency?”

“It's personal,” replied Peter.

Wiping away her tears, Bernice demanded, angrily, “How long before we see a doctor?”

“That depends,” replied Florence. “On the nature of your emergency.”

Peter spoke, before his sister could say a word. “I told you,” he said. “It's personal.”

“Well, then. I'm going to have to put you at the back of the line.”

Bernice slammed a fist down on the counter, nearly losing balance. “You want to know what the emergency is?” she said. “I'll tell you what the god-damned, mother-fucking emergency is.” Then, she closed her eyes and filled her lungs with breath, her body trembling with adrenaline.

“No. Berny. No. Whatever you're thinking–”

Three seconds later, they were separated. Bernice and Peter Felcher, standing half-naked, by the Box Hill Emergency reception counter. Brother and sister, separated at last. Both of them, screaming incoherently.

Both of them, bleeding profusely from their genitals.

Story #3

Fixed In Place Sticking Timeless​

It was a Monday morning in a private laboratory, just a few miles from Brookhaven, NY. Gray and his team were working through
yet another sleepless night. The crisp dawn air, both refreshing and sweet started consuming their town, refreshing overworked senses with
autumn’s rejuvenating spirit coming alive once more. “I can’t let this sensory indulgence detract from our work, though a short respite was
needed. Gray couldn't spare any more than a brief hiatus.

Gleams of subtle light streaked through antique window shades, silhouetting lovely zebra phantoms casting shadows, moving with
the rising of the welcome daylight.

Agar, Gray's laboratory partner and companion lay prostrate on the antique crimson couch, adorned with numerous pillows, inherited
years earlier before the war, the sleepless nights, and their arduous alchemical labors. The pillows weren’t of any particular style; their finest
qualities that of their ravaged war-torn look.

Agar stretched and yawned, taking in the sun’s rays. As they gravitated towards his relaxing den, he slowly aligned himself
with prospect of the upcoming days’ work.

“Goddamn these anthracene precursors! Goodness friend; they polymerize like lovers in some dramatic final embrace. It’s just so
strange. These cyanoacrylate compounds may help our young fighting boys; but they're nothing more than an adhesive nuisance in this form.
Let's say you and I retire for some breakfast. The sun is just about up, how ‘bout it?”

Agar conceded in silent agreement. He was excited they’d be changing settings.

Before departing to excuse themselves to the living quarters, they quickly secured the lab. Just taking a few moments to jot down
some final notes, tighten some amber vials, and wind down the impressively attentive spindle the scientific brain winds itself into; as
taught and impressive as any such craftsman’s spool worthy of prodigious acclaim.

A slow calm came over him. He took a framed portrait of Jacob in his hand closing his eyes. He thought worryingly about his young
soldier. He returned the frame while wiping away unexpected tears.

Suddenly he noticed Agar pacing empathically in his shadow. He was offering his condolences in his favored fashion.
Purring incessantly, he grazed his head against him to demonstrate affection and empathy. Gray smiled and patted his head.

With Agar in his arms, Aurora Pilford Gray strode the stairs to the den above his laboratory. He often worked alone in this
alchemical retreat of his. His love of chemistry rivaled only his admiration for the majesty of philanthropy. Scarcely could he bear
contemplating confrontations escalating between the disciplines. Gray chose not to dwell on their inevitable conflict, too fearful to consider
it.

Agar ate his meal and returned to Gray. He was a marvelous specimen encompassing intelligence, elegance, and selfless pride,
all condensed handsomely in a soft ginger coat. Gray was beholden to Agar for his companionship..

Gray heard him mewing piteously one night when smoking hashish with a graduate student. His face had been pressed against
a window. These cries struck chords in the man’s heart instantly. He hadn't planned meeting the cat though befriended him instantly.
His earlier memory of the sounds hadn’t been daydreams after all. Following him miles home that night marked a turning point for the
chemist. The psychic bond he'd they shared puzzled him, and he was gratefully intrigued with it.

After their breakfast he placed the remaining coffee on an escritoire taking mugs from beneath of different sizes, one for each.
Agar was lounging aft. He poured espresso just before walking to the armoire he’d inherited shortly after Father’s death. Caleb Gray was
struck down in his time of global conflict by strange gods. He died alone in France helping getting the upper hand for the allies. This did
little to assuage Jacobs’ fate. He became first in history to be incinerated by a newly manufactured instrument of death. The weapon was
absurd. It was called a “flamethrower.”

Staring absently at the war-torn cabinet deciding on bourbon, he poured completed the modest drinks. Agar, awaiting the tiny drink
was unique. He was more human than any human Gray had ever known, understanding each other psychically, transcending auditory speech,
rejecting phonetic alphabets and symbols. Sharing a symbiotic communion, Agar taught him the futilities of human speech, proving spiritual
and body language superior to clumsy specifics and diverse trivialities.

They drank in silent unison.

Cat-cap complete, Agar curled alongside Gray, who opened a paper for news from the front since months had passed since hearing of
his son. Hating newspapers, his love for Jacob overcame derision while he scanned the journalistic failures, praying silently. Nothing. This
chore complete, he casually lit his hashish-pipe inhaling deeply, relaxing bones and brain alike. Agar noticed the sweet odor, lifting his head
taking small inhalations; he set his head down leaving master free to meditate on his chemical setback when satisfied.

This problem of his cyanacrylate compound, needed for gun sights at the time, was that it was impossibly viscous. Once dissolved
in water, it adhered mercilessly becoming solid far too quickly. He hoped to fashion an analog, he’d worked years creating it and wasn’t
about to shelve it and start anew.

He dozed. His dreams were vivid. He dreamed of his son. He dreamed of his father. He dreamed of the dead. He cursed the futility
of war, and to any gods responsible for bestial brutality.

He was now overseas. Jacob was torn and lay bleeding to death. He shrieked and wailed in sullen dismay, his spirit receding as
though rain from the skies above. Gray wept as an answer of prescience appeared. Visions illustrating refined synthesis and applications
came to him. The chemical might act as a tissue-adhesive for the wounded awaiting help was the premonition. It could work, he realized
suddenly. His son’s last living act was one of elation, sharing miracle.

Gray and Agar awoke, sharing the dream.

“No gun-sights,” he concluded donning his coat. “I've nobler work ahead...”

Thanks to New for setting this up!

All 3 stories were great reads! The first two had me in stiches, no pun intended ;)

Why aren't bler's into fiction? Or writing in general?

They do a shit-ton of it, usually farcical pack-jammed with ironic humor.

Oh well, fuck those people.

We don't need them.

My vote goes to number 3. I enjoyed all of them, but number three is the best. There weren't many entries but everybody who entered submitted worthy stories. I've never seen that b4. Even with kprofessional competitions. There's usually a large percentage of bullshit submissions.

Chill thou

good works people. voted 2 for the giggles and the sexy receptionist.

Last edited:
My vote goes to number 3. I enjoyed all of them, but number three is the best. There weren't many entries but everybody who entered submitted worthy stories. I've never seen that b4. Even with kprofessional competitions. There's usually a large percentage of bullshit submissions.

Chill thou

I didn't mind the lack of stories, but the lack of people who will get to enjoy them I think was my beef. So it goes.

Def all interesting reads. I liked number 2 quite a bit. We got the two real funny ones and one nice serious one.

Last edited by a moderator:
last chance mates, closed as of now. :)

Thanks words mods for putting this together. It was fun ;)

I dunno if I voted too late...but alas I don't think it would make a difference to the end result at this stage anyway :(

Alrighty then. It appears that polling is closed and it seems that Superglue story number three has stuck itself into the hearts and minds of the populace. We have a winner! Now to reveal the authors:

STORY #1: done juan
STORY #2: ForEverAfter
STORY #3: Thou

Someone give Thou a custom "I won!" title!

:)

That's fucking rad. I'm depressed as shit and this is just what I need to cheer me up.

And where's my cake?

You deserve it

Nice work.

As for me, third place! Can't complain about that. Do I get a prize too?

I'll share my cake with you when I get it.

I've been waiting a few hours though, might be one of those FANCY cakes.

Thanks too -

I just PM'd new and thanked him for setting this up - he told me to thank you as it was your idea - which i then told him you never take kindly to, as far as thank you's go.

I'm pissed with them myself. It's like have a nice day. Some loose lipped cashier. "Yeah yeah, you wanna give me fuckin' change plz? I'm triple parked!"

So we can call this..?

Smell ya later?

That'll do.

Alrighty then. It appears that polling is closed and it seems that Superglue story number three has stuck itself into the hearts and minds of the populace. We have a winner! Now to reveal the authors:

STORY #1: done juan
STORY #2: ForEverAfter
STORY #3: Thou

Someone give Thou his custom elephant

Where's my elephant.

I want my elephant.

elephant1.png

Still want my elephant lazy cuntz <3

Posted a new story i like it better than fixed. Check it out.