Site Feedback Suggestion

.Lucid.

Bluelighter
ok so this is just a suggestion..

when you do a "Find all posts by [account]" or a "Find More Posts by [account]" and it lists out a users posts, i think you should include the page numbers next to the thread title. you know, so you can just go to any page of the thread from there.

just a thought. ;)

You can have it show posts instead of threads, that way you dont even have to worry about sorting through individual pages, it'll link you directly to the post.

lol k well.. it was suppose to just be a link to your posts, as if i clicked your name on the left here and selected "Find More Posts by fizzle"

but yea its no big deal.. just thought id throw that idea out there.

Links to searches like that expire in (I think) 5 minutes. SO if you copy the URL from a search result, it's not going to point to anything after a short bit. There's probably a way to write the search query explicitly so that it will be "clickable" forever (we've figured this out for keyword searches, but I cannot seem to figure it out for username queries).

I understand what it is that you're going for. I'll keep it in mind, and if we do decide to make a bunch of style changes (we're upgrading to a new version of vBulletin soon) then it's something we can consider.

Just out of curiosity, why is this more beneficial over just sorting by posts?

i dunno it would just be a convenience.. i navigate this site mainly through my old post listings and the new posts function. when i go through my old posts sometimes id like to go back and read other pages of the thread that i havent posted on and it would just help me skip a step lol. i dunno, call me lazy but i would definitely appreciate the ability to do that.