• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

subutex detox

M

mr. ?

How long does subutex take to leave your system? I have been taking 2mg per day for approximately 2 years. My place of business is testing all employees in around 3 weeks - most likely a mouth swab - and I am unsure how many days prior to testing that I will need to finish tapering off. Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I have been unable to find any consensus on this topic elsewhere.

there's no drug testing questions allowed,
that being said:
  • the drug test most likely wont test for buprenorphine
  • if it does, the half life of buprenorphine is 37 hours
  • it's detectable in urine up to four days, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter depending dose, you'll probably be good after four days at a dose like 2mg

Yeah this thread will probably be closed due to no drug testing questions, but rest assured you're fine. Buprenorphines metabolites are not tested for in like 99% of drug tests.

• it's detectable in urine up to four days, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter depending dose, you'll probably be good after four days at a dose like 2mg

But after 2 years of daily use I guess it will probably show up much longer than that if the test searches for Bupre.

The ONLY place that tested for Bupe in my experience has been my PM clinic; they looked for everything!