• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subutex and water retention

JayJolie

Bluelighter
So, I've been on Subutex for 10 days now. I finally leveled out 7 days ago at 24mg. Now that I'm steady, I plan on starting my taper regimen on Monday. With that being said, I cannot believe how bloated I feel and look! It's awful. And I don't have constipation so it's not from that. I don't know what to do to take out the water bloat. Is it safe to take an OTC diuretic while taking subs?? I haven't gained a pound and yet, I can't button my jeans!! I'm so bloated it's like my skin is actually sore. I'm desperate for anything that will help. I drink a lot of water already and since starting the subs, I have to pee like every 20 minutes. I just don't know what to do. It's going to be miserable dealing with this whole coming off. (Yes, I know there are far worse problems and I'm very thankful I'm not on the streets searching for dope). Just putting it out there...has anyone who has experienced this side effect tried taking a diuretic with it??

Even a natural diuretic or just ANY way anyone has dealt with the bloating???

Hey Jay good to hear you're feeling stable, I've never heard of retaining water being a side effect of buprenorphine..most definitely friggin' absolute chronic constipation is what I deal with though...sucks so bad

I'm doing ok there...not anything totally but fantastic (lol) but nothing to cause me to be this bloated.
Made my first drop on Sunday to 16mg. I'll know for sure if it's the Bupe once I get off it!