• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Subutex and kratom together?

Coffeeshroom

Bluelight Crew
I have read on here of a few people using subutex and kratom together or using kratom after subutex but just a few hours later. Can this be done and is it safe and what effects will it have if any?

Regards
CoffeeShroom

I have read on here of a few people using subutex and kratom together or using kratom after subutex but just a few hours later. Can this be done and is it safe and what effects will it have if any?

Regards
CoffeeShroom
Learning everything i can about kratom, wish to be of assistance, but im not the brightest crayon in the box(atleast my mother said i was her favorite color)best regards to you and yours

This is all opinion/speculation so take it with a big hesitation...

Kratom has effects other than opioid agonism so buprenorphine wouldn't block those effects. Based on buprenorphine dose, I am sure that it would overpower them, but they would be exerted. Something like mixing buprenorphine and tramadol. Although I dont think there is much to gain from mixing the two, stimulating dose of kratom (less than 5G) could make the experience subtly more enjoyable. If you are looking for stronger opiod agonism then I would say that you should remove kratom from equation.

Again, this is all speculation so your (or anybody elses) experience could be different. Hope you are doing fine. :)

Yeah im currently on a low dose bupe and was then wondering if adding some kratom to the mix will help with the mental issue of wanting to get out of bed and do shit. I am so demotivated/depressed atm and no energy, so obviously looking at strains like white or green for the energy and overall well feeling properties. But at the same time don't want to get addicted to 2 substances at once that gonna make future plans of weaning off just harder. Or maybe take my subutex dose only every 2 days and kratom on the others. I have read on a few other forums that people do this and find it to work good for them or just taking both daily just at low dosages and feeling a lot better then just using subutex on its own.

Thanks for the input so far and will carry on doing more research on this.

bupe always made me feel like that, I hear you level out over a long enough time but I always relapsed before getting there….kratom may work for you, nothing worked for me, when I was on subs I would just feel like a depressed zombie

I've experimented with this. I find I can say take bupe in the morning and kratom in the afternoon / evening and get a pleasant effect both times. However I tried using them together and the effects were.... not ideal. Kratom does have effects other than opioid agonism and even the opioid effects seem to have a.. higher? or similar binding affinity so I think there is probably some competition going on there.

So to answer your question, yes its safe and you can expect some pleasant effects though perhaps not the full effect.

This is of course all anecdotes and speculation so sodium chloride and all that.

I created a thread with a poll a while ago about this. Nearly everyone who answered said that in their experience, bupe does not cause precipitated withdrawal from kratom. Personally I have dosed bupe while still high on kratom (and addicted to kratom)and felt nothing but relief. My theory is because kratom is a partial agonist, like bupe is, it does not cause withdrawal when the kratom alkaloids are suddenly kicked out of the receptors. Unlike with full agonists, where bupe, being a partial agonist, does not adequately hold you, so you experience sudden withdrawal when it kicks the other opioids out of the receptor.

On the other hand, one person in that poll stated that they experienced PWD when they took bupe on top of kratom. So take that for what it's worth.

buprenorphine is way stronger than kratom, it also works a lot longer than kratom. no use combining it. if so use bupre and add kratom on top of it.

I tried snorting about 1/16th of an 8mg strip once on top of my 100g/kratom per day kratom habit and it completely blocked the effects of the kratom. I would bet that it would be a waste of kratom. No precipitated withdrawals though.

Interesting that you mentioned kratom not giving pwd or for the most, so can Kratom then be used for the gap one normally have to wait to switch over from lets say prescribed opioids to subutex. For exp if you have to wait your 24hrs roughly from your last oxy dose before starting your subutex, can you use kratom in that 24 hrs to help lesson the wd's and then switch over to subutex and if so how long of a gap is adviced or needed to go from kratom to subutex?

Like for exp. My last dose of oxy was 6am the morning then i need to wait till 6am the next morning. So then can i use kratom during the rest of the day as i feel wd's coming on till the next day and then switch over to subutex and not get pwd and if this is possible what would be a rough estimate of time or gap needed to take from last kratom dose to subutex dose. Hope this come across not confusing.

I don¨t notice a thing from kreatom on top of bupe and personally find it useless. Thre are so many people voting for this i will get hate from this but imma say it any awy. All you are experiences just palcebo,nothing else. Iwould take kratom hoewever if i hadn¨t accesss to my daily bupe or a solid reason to abstain from buprenorphine.

If i want to feel somethingn fun on top op my bupe i take alpraxolam/clonazolam withit.

Regards
CoffeeShroom

So I used to do kratom extracts bad (7 star kratom or luxe) depending where you are you might seen it, but when I wanted to take a couple days off let my tolerance go down or if I was broke ( them thing are 40-50$ For a 5 pack and I ate all 5) I would get a sub so I wouldn’t w/d and after I would take it sometimes I would get money and feel great off the extracts but if I took regular powder I wouldn’t feel anything, if your going to do kratom and subs just don’t do it too often your just wasting the kratom

Interesting that you mentioned kratom not giving pwd or for the most, so can Kratom then be used for the gap one normally have to wait to switch over from lets say prescribed opioids to subutex. For exp if you have to wait your 24hrs roughly from your last oxy dose before starting your subutex, can you use kratom in that 24 hrs to help lesson the wd's and then switch over to subutex and if so how long of a gap is adviced or needed to go from kratom to subutex?

Like for exp. My last dose of oxy was 6am the morning then i need to wait till 6am the next morning. So then can i use kratom during the rest of the day as i feel wd's coming on till the next day and then switch over to subutex and not get pwd and if this is possible what would be a rough estimate of time or gap needed to take from last kratom dose to subutex dose. Hope this come across not confusing.

Yeah, you could, I would still introduce the bupe slowly, as one person in my poll did report PWD from kratom. But it appears bupe fully substitutes for kratom so that it doesn't cause PWD when the kratom is kicked out of the receptor, at least in the vast majority of people. Personally I have taken bupe on top of kratom, while still feeling the kratom and addicted to it, many times, with no problems.

Yeah, you could, I would still introduce the bupe slowly, as one person in my poll did report PWD from kratom. But it appears bupe fully substitutes for kratom so that it doesn't cause PWD when the kratom is kicked out of the receptor, at least in the vast majority of people. Personally I have taken bupe on top of kratom, while still feeling the kratom and addicted to it, many times, with no problems.
Have to tried a stronger extract?

The first time I tried kratom was in 2003, I've tried all of it.