The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Substance Scheduling WTF!?

nods

Bluelighter
In medicine the scheduling of drugs doesn't make sense.

Sch 11 Narcotics: whether it's, Codeine-straight, or water soluable Hydromorphone tabs.

Sch 11 Stimulants: whether it's Desoxyn-Meth, or generic Methylphenidate found in every 5th kids house.

Sch lv Narcotics;Talwin, pretty good when slammed apparently.

Schedule lv Stimulants: Tenuate, not a bad little pep pill.

Who works these schedules out?

Ha, I think you need to work on your Roman Numerals.

What doesn't make sense about it exactly?

And the DEA/Federal Government legislates those schedules. Hell, I'm not an American though so I'm going to shoot this over to North & South American Drug Discussion.

OD===>N&SADD

Those drugs were scheduled in the CSA(1970) by a drug advisory panel of LEOs and scientists. They were put in schedule II because they have legit medical benefits but have a high abuse/addiction potential. Schedule I drugs at the time had no medicinal use and high abuse rates(in the eyes of the gov't), alot of these drugs were used by the counterculture and induced a more liberal attitude as an after effect. At the time alot of these drugs were viewed as dangerous, and they still are unfortunatly. The problem with the CSA is it's hard to move drugs to different schedules and it's real easy to add drugs to it(see MDMA). We need to abolish this act and rewrite the law with an indepenant panel, of scientists, doctors, and other assorted medical personel. Just my two cents.

Yer thanks i know of the CSA act of 1970. my wonder is with the sense in which the meds are placed in each catagory.Sch 11, Script Meth/amphetamines are far more powerfull than Methylphenidate (which prolly isn't stronger than Tenuate) Sch 11 script straight Codeine is as dangerious or abusable as Dillys, Fent, Oxy?

I just don't understand the directives of placement.

Ha, I think you need to work on your Roman Numerals.

What doesn't make sense about it exactly?

And the DEA/Federal Government legislates those schedules. Hell, I'm not an American though so I'm going to shoot this over to North & South American Drug Discussion.

OD===>N&SADD

haha, i was so confused. "what is schedule 11?"

i'm going to let this linger here for a few days then shoot it over to Legal Discussion since it's better suited there.