• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe subs and alcohol...................

siq

Bluelighter
Just to let u guys know u can drink anyone under the fuckin table on subs

I highly disagree, even at very low doses I can't stand more than one or two drinks. Everything above that and it makes me very sick and nauseaus.
Generally I don't like alcohol anymore since taking opioids regularly and this seems to be the consensus among a lot of people.
I just don't get the funny tipsy feeling anymore, just feeling fucked up in an uncomfortable way.

That is clearly poor HR advice and it's not even factually accurate, a lot of people are severely affected by alcohol when on suboxone and I can pretty much guarantee you that if I took a shot of methamphetamine and you took some suboxone, I'd have the last laugh when the whiskey ran out.

I lost appetite to booze once I started abusing opiates. Now in almost out of the woods clean n clear I wonder if my drinking taste will come back?

Well, normally I have no taste for alcohol either. This was kind of a spur of the moment thing. I downed a pint of 100 proof vodka and yes I felt it. Not as much as if I wasnt on subs, I wasnt AS fucked up. But I was still very relaxed and felt good. I've been in situations before where I had 1 or 2 drinks and yes I just felt nauseated and sick... I guess slamming a high amount at once is different. I'm not recommending it I was just making the point. Anyway, I wrote that message drunk last night after I did it... So sorry. lol

I did it for a couple years, and I think it took quite a toll on my body. It was always tough being on subs wanting a buzz, I feel your pain.

Anyway, I wrote that message drunk last night after I did it... So sorry. lol

I read your post and thought, "hes probably good n drunk writing that" lol. I myself cant drink more than 2 or 3 beers since I've been on subs, I just feel ehhh and kinda nauseas every time. I don't know if I want to take the gamble of slamming some vodka to test your theory though lol.

you become more nuts drinking while on subs without knowing it..but if youre a veggi type opiate addict, you probably gna become more docile.. mixing two made me hostile and combative for short periods.. but these outbursts have made me 5150

BULLSHIT.
The idea that buprenorphine increases your ability to handle alcohol is one of the most retarded things I have ever read.
Opioids and CNS depressants in general greatly potentiate the effects of alcohol so there's no reason to believe that buprenorphine wouldn't do the same. Always exercise caution when combining downers.

I snorted Subutex about 50 times back in '09. I didn't even like it much but it was a free buzz and I was going through a bit of a tough time. It was extremely nauseating. I couldn't handle more than 1mg and alcohol was totally out of the question (even though I normally drink 1-2 cans of beer every evening).

That is clearly poor HR advice and it's not even factually accurate, a lot of people are severely affected by alcohol when on suboxone and I can pretty much guarantee you that if I took a shot of methamphetamine and you took some suboxone, I'd have the last laugh when the whiskey ran out.
THIS.
Methamphetamine will actually reduce the CNS depression caused by alcohol (and other downers) because of its powerful stimulant effect.
Same goes for cocaine. The reason speedballs have killed so many people isn't because of any pharmacological interaction between cocaine and heroin... it's because taking enough cocaine allows you to handle a dose of heroin that would normally kill you. What happens is the cocaine wears off and you die from heroin overdose.