• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone

Matchulinch128

Greenlighter
Ok I'm just bored as hell I'm prescribed 1 8mg sub a day I've been taking that for a few months. Due to tolerance how many 8mg strips could I take to actually get high off it again or is this even possible at this point? I also took like a mg and a half of Klonopin which I'm also prescribed but much more recently.

I don't thing the high you are after is possible on that kind of dosages. Especially if you take 8mg on top of 8mg. If you are that much into getting high than wait as long as you can without dosing, put yourself in some withdrawals and dose then. I am not advising you to do that though, as psychological balance and not chasing high is very big part of opioid maintenance/substitution therapy. Take care.

Ironically if you want to get more of a high out of suboxone, you need to take less, not more. Lower your dose below 1 mg daily, then like the above user said wait until you are in WD and when you take your .5 or 1 mg dose you will feel some nice glow and a mood lift. You can't get high by increasing your dose because your receptors are already full after taking an 8 mg dose. Bupe has a ceiling effect and taking more quickly results in diminishing returns. Instead you want to take as little as possible and then you can actually feel your doses.

Taking very small amounts per day has the added benefits of making your supply last way longer and making it much easier to taper off, plus it has fewer side effects. There are very few downsides to taking less. The only one I can think of really is if you are serious relapse risk and the only thing keeping you off heroin is that your receptors are full enough to block the effects of heroin. Even then though, there's nothing really stopping you from just waiting a few days for the suboxone to wear off and then doing heroin but hey if people think loading up on subs keeps them off heroin I am not here to tell them different.

Burn out has a good point. Buprenorphine is generally gonna get less "euphoric" as you escalate the dosage. You're likely to experience enhanced sedation, itching and stuff like that, but it's not going to be significantly more enjoyable. I don't think Buprenorphine at this point is something that you're going to be able to catch a buzz from. Don't waste your supply.