• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone

Xlopefiend

Greenlighter
Ok, so my question is, how long after taking suboxone strips ( 24mg) can you take an opiate? I took my dose this morning before a doctors appointment and ended up having to get a procedure done that is basically requiring me to take the pain meds they gave me. I am currently in pretty bad pain and I'm trying to figure out when I can take them because I don't want them to go to waste. Especially with the pain I'm in.

I've been told that buprenorphine can sit on your receptors for up to 3 days and I was curious as to why I still expirience withdrawal symptoms each day before I dose.
If i take them too early then by nightfall I'm already feeling shitty.

If they are there for that long then why do I feel like shit so soon?

have you tried taking a NSAID (naproxen, ibuprofen, ketorolac)? Buprenorphine at 24mg is a really high dose and will probably block opioids for a solid 5-7 half lives .. so 36h*7 = ~10 days.

As wiki says,
It is difficult to achieve acute opioid analgesia in persons using buprenorphine for opioid replacement therapy.

So you can take opiods but don't expect them to work.

Opioids alone are actually crappy painkillers and should be paired with acetaminophen or a NSAID for effective relief of surgical/trauma pain, see the League Table of Analgesic Efficacy.