• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone WD, when the worst will come ?

no_id

Bluelighter
I took 2mg snorted "street" sub / day for 1,5 month in order to stop an illegal opiate addiction while beginning my new employement.
Since last saturday I'm in holidays and I didn't took any sub since sunday 6pm (I need to stop these fucking pills blunt me 200 % I do nothing and feel nothing).
Today is wednesday 4pm (so 3 days in in 2 hours), and WD are not that bad, can be ignored. Somewhat of a bad mood, some chill, no restless leg, some sweat. Nothing like the terrible WD from a 2 month 1g/day heroin addiction Ive gone thru 6 month ago. Im even able to smoke weed without any anxiety.

I know suboxone have a very long half life and I fear WD aren't at their max at the moment, and that would be disasteful since my holiday end next monday :/. Ive read conflicting data about when peak sub. WD. Anyone know if Im experiencing at this day the worst of WD ? that would be cool if it's the case lol

(I have no more sub at hand and can't get more, so I can't taper from 2mg. All in all I think all this tapering stuff 0,000001mg to 0,000000001mg is essentially paranoid - not undertanding that what go up need to go down, or alternatively that sometime one need to endure something bad for a good outcome)

Sorry for the probable mistake, En. isn't my native language.

Last edited:
Ok this is getting serious. I took 3mg wednesday in order to be OK for a LSD trip with a friend (1P-LSD at 200mcg, good trip wich lacked a bit emotionnal delicacy due to sub intake, but that's another story). Yesterday I was in complete mess (no opiates neither other form of mind altering substance from wednesday to monday). Cold, fucked up, Ive no idea how I managed to make the afternoon at work ???
Today I took a day off. I was fucked up all the day, downed 25 n2o cardtridge, smoked joins, got drunk with almost no relief. Tomorow I think Ill go to shrink the morning and try to work from my home afternoon.
I took 1mg sub 20 min ago. I feel somewhat better, but Im not really sure this was a good idea : do this will extend the duration of the withdrawal ? Or hopefully withdrawal will be less intense ? I don't want to lose my job, good paying and very interesting (computerscience / web programming / IT / Business Intelligence)

I want to quit these fucking pills
The only good thing about withdrawal is that you feel emotion strongly, even crying is GOOD, REAL and PURE compared to the addiction junk life style.

My question is :
- I took 2mg sub / day for 1,5 month with very little pause.
- I stopped sunday 20, took 3mg wednesday 23, took 1mg today (29).
- Is this a good idea to skip days and take only 1mg each 2 or 3 day ? Is it a good taper plan, meaning at the end Ill will be not forced to take days off work ? Or will it only prolong the WD process ? I fear I will never have the time to WD
I'm fucked I don't want to be fired I work with good intelligent people wich are actually real not like junkie pseudo friend stuff like I'm used to since years, I already fucked up at my last work due to multiple drug related hospitalization, I can't and don't want to do that.
Opiate are the worst drug Ive ever tried and I tried more than 40 different drugs.

Another solution can be stocking up amphetamine and using for work while withdrawaling (I think that's somewhat of a good solution beside appearance, since from experience I know I can quit stimulant far more easier than opiates - I was hooked on various stim at least 2 time for 2 month 1,5 year ago and quitted with no problem - end of the stash, end of the run, 3 day after I'm OK, and even if I'm in somewat of a bad mood I'm functionnal in these 3 days, and craving end after the first week. This isn't hell.)

Im really sad about my situation and pissed at myself due to opiate abuse I can't take this anymore sorry for the clumsy rant

It's not my first withdrawal it's now approximately 6 - 8 month I do opiates run (of 1, or 2 month then WD). If I don't quit now, I'm fucked, Ill loss my dream, loss my family, loss my friend, loss my life, loss my interest about stuff, loss my emotions
The fucked up stuff is that I don't like opiate. They make me dumb (especially sub wich make me somewhat paranoid after some time in), socially false, ambitionless and make myself bad tripping if I take any sort of tryptamine. But I have a fucking hard time to quit... This sucks. The only drugs I actually like and consider as something great and valuable are Ketamine, lysergamide, tryptamine

Ive basically no support, because I can't say anymore to my familie I'm on something, WD from something, etc. Perhaps tomorrow I should speak about that with the Dr.

WHY THE FUCK do I tried opiates, sometime ignorance is better

What I want :
- interesting and self enhancing work situation
- accomplishing myself in music, creativity, releasing emotions
- having good friend
- finding love
- occasionnal perturbation of my 5HT2A neuron network ^^

What I don't want :
- SUB, BUPE, H, codeine, and other anti-life molecule like alcohol or benzo. Say to myself Ill be hooked on sub for the rest of my life and I will prefer the bullet alternative.

re sorry for my unorganised rant my head is fucked due to semi WD, coke I just took in order to feel a bit better, and all sort of negative emotion about myself due to the situation. I'm losing it.

Last edited:
suboxone has a 36 hour (average) half-life under the tongue, less snorted (but not sure what), and supposedly an average of 2.2 hours when used IV (a lot of people here believe it has still the same half life IVed but I know I get very sick within six hours of a IM (with strips) shot- shooting these is NOT a good idea and part of why I want to switch to methadone). WDs could take a while to kick in- I would suggest getting as low as possible if you can taper subs due to their diminishing rate of return in effects- like dissolving them in water to be able to measure doses as low as 100mcgs or less, I would personally try to get to as low as 25mcgs a day or less before jumping off- many would say that is extreme but I say you can never taper too low.

you need to taper more slowly. 2mg is quite a big dose.

getting below .05mg is way easier but still hard. go as low as you possibly can as the wd's can last a verry long time.

if you have a reliable source then get down to 0.2mg or even less before stopping.

the first few days you dont feel anything, then WHAM with sub wd's. the first week after those couple of days of it lingering in ya system is the worst imo and yeah it sucks but youve gotta pay the piper somehow.

maybe if you could get on something shorter acting like dhc until all the sub is gone then get a week off work (which you can spend in bed) and then it's over and done with. just a suggestion of course, tapering slowly with sub is also very do-able.

New member.. I've been on a very low dose for a long time. 1mg easily keeps w/d's at bay for 24 hours. On .5mg, I get uncomfortable after 12+ hours but manageable for dosing once a day. Skip days when you can. Take as little as possible. .5mg gives me the same amount of complete relief as 1mg does, it just wears off noticeably faster than 1mg. I prefer strips because I can fold them into 4 2mg strips, then 8 1mg squares, and then 16 .5mg squares. Haven't taken much over 1mg in over a year.

I hope this post is in the right place and I will make it quick. I am down to 8 mg of sub a day and have been cutting down so that after today I will have 1 pill left. Went to the dentist today and got vicodin 5 mg #12 pills. I have an app to get more sub this Mon. Those are the facts. What's the best way to get to Monday and not be sick or have a little buzz when I go to my Mon appointment at 10 am? Thanx

That's not helpful. You're not reading it right. I have only one sub left and I have an app in 5 days. After I cut down on that 1 sub why would I want to not take the vicodins.

That's not helpful. You're not reading it right. I have only one sub left and I have an app in 5 days. After I cut down on that 1 sub why would I want to not take the vicodins.

seems the threads have been merged. or im too drunk. anyway, 5mg vics are childs play if you're on 8mg maintenance. you'd need to stop taking your sub for days and be quite ill, just to do a single cold water extraction. not worth it imo. but im no expert so please disregard if im talking shit

DO NOT COMMIT TO A TAPER PLAN YET. These BenzoBuddies type 1-2 year taper plans .0000001 mgs shit is last resort ... Try cold turkey now and go as long as you can , take 1 mg again . If you spread it out over 2-3 days before dosing anywhere lower than 1 mg> you'll be making progress for sure. Not everyone can take subs daily for a long time maybe no money or accessibility , so use it spread out . Cause taking anything regardless the dosage daily I think is kinda worse than spread out 2-3 days and slightly bigger dose , because you give your body time to go through the biological half life and receptors can take a longer break at a consistent basis . This has been my strategy with Valium for benzo wd , and Valium has a half life of 200 hours I spread out my dose every 2-3 days idk just my theory before you jump to a taper plan taking it everyday again try while you're not taking it every day ... I never understand why people jump to immediately taper taper taper I don't get it if he's been clean 2+ days keep trying to not take it 2 days in a row... I'm jealous of your situation i wish 1-2 mg would get me well... .4 doesn't even get me barely well Iv

Yeah invisible helper has a good idea there. If you can be relieved from 1 mg then I would see how long you can tolerate nothing then dose .5 mg or 1 mg. If you are completely out of subs, then I would do the best to keep your mind happy, smoke cannabis, amphetamines you have maybe if that's your thing. But if you can make it a couple days before you start hurting for subs, then try to make it ONE more day and then dose .5 mg, if you get a hold of subs and then go a few more days. Each day distract yourself and if you do get subs, cut the dose each time you use it til you're satisfied or there's no more. Good luck man!

Word. And about the 12 vicodin, that is not going to be enough hydrocodone to catch a buzz from. I'm currently on suboxone maintenance 4 mg daily and I have to wait 2 to 3 days to feel 1 60 mg oxy. On day 2 for me, I will eat 3 60 mg oxycontin and that breaks thru the bupe, but that's all it does. In your case, you could take the vicodin after 3 to 4 days of nothing and it MIGHT relieve you. I do not think it will get you buzzed though. You would need more hydrocodone to get high. But you can try, then you will know for future reference ;)

I took street sub for avoiding the up & down of codeine addiction I was in before beggining my new work. With sub, you're basically ok for the day with 1mg. Another mg at 8pm and it's okay for the night. Stopping all opiates wasn't an option before starting the new work, and if I continued codeine, I would have to increase the dosage to probably 450 (150 3* a day) in order to avoid up&down. I was taking only 150 to 300 a day, I didn't want this dosage increase. My main error is that I started with a too strong dose of sub (1,5mg 2* a day then 1mg 2* a day).

Finally took 2mg tuesday night, with not too many releif (I even puked the morning after). I'm a bit better today and I hope my 2mg intake 2 day ago only stabilized me without making the process longer. I'm off work for the complete week, but will try to work this w.e if Im better. If I'm not better at saturday, my doc will prescribe me some sub for tapering, but I doubt it's a good idea, I prefer suffering big for a short time than minor yet incapaciting suffering for months.

Ive to say this detox is almost worst than the detox I made from heroin 6 month ago. Srsly sub is good if taken for max 2 week and gradually stopping (in order to stop the intake of another substance), but after that, youll suffer terrible WD.

OPIATES : NEVER ANYMORE

Last edited: