• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe suboxone vs subutex

blackmarket91

Bluelighter
curious which do you think is better safer/gets you higher/easier to taper completely off off ect

very new to this medication so id like to hear some personal input

Long time addicts say that You need twice the amount of xone. Not so sure about that one myself.

Xone is propably the right choice for pure maintenance and taper.

The addition of naloxone in Suboxone is meaningless unless you're trying to shoot it. It's mostly marketing. There is no difference. Get whatever one is cheaper. Though, I would advise not using it at all as Suboxone led me to my own personalized long term hellscape due to the prolonged withdrawal which in my case was extreme RLS and thus insomnia even after a period of time when I probably should have been sleeping.

I always prefered straight Bupe. I guess the naloxone in suboxone isn't good or bad but idk that's just my preference. Luckily, even tho brand name "Subutex" was discontinued in the early 2010's, there was a doctor near me that would readily prescribe the generic. It was also very helpful since I was paying out of pocket and the generic is cheaper than suboxone.

The addition of naloxone in Suboxone is meaningless unless you're trying to shoot it. It's mostly marketing. There is no difference. Get whatever one is cheaper. Though, I would advise not using it at all as Suboxone led me to my own personalized long term hellscape due to the prolonged withdrawal which in my case was extreme RLS and thus insomnia even after a period of time when I probably should have been sleeping.
my insurance should make it free im at a decent rehab in tampa fl atm called river oaks

here's my issue before i got addicted to methadone which was my drug of choice was not addicted to anything else i was a pro mma fighter and a coach methadone took that away from me after around 6 months gained 50 pounds was lethargic as fuck no will to get out of bed ect so last year july 6th i said fuck it and just quit cold turkey at 195 mg a day i made it till the xmas holidays so roughly 5.5 months due to it being in the house the entire time and a family member egging me on to try it for the week that enough tims past t where id not get re addicted... bad idea..

so im 30 days clean off it now and was on a sub taper here i feel it works much better for me than methadone as gives me energy doesnt get me high and allows me to work out again

during those 5.5 months even towards the end it was still very difficult to do even house hold choirs due to being so lethargic hard to explain so my plans to switch over and slowly slowlyyyyyyy taper if indeed ill feel the way i do now on the 2 mg a day they give me i hope that clears up any confusion i may have made

did you try to slowly taper? like extremely slow? im gonna try t taper from 2mg up to like a year in hopes to beat it and not deal with heavy paws

curious which do you think is better safer/gets you higher/easier to taper completely off off ect

very new to this medication so id like to hear some personal input
Been on bupe pretty since '12 pretty consistently. Have had subutex tablets and suboxone film/ tablets prescribed. Subutex is more valuable and is a cleaner 'high, especially for infrequent users. You can snort, IV or sublingual both though. Just not eat haha. I have personally IV'd regular suboxone w/o any of that w/d jive. Tex are better though. I had a habit of insulating bupe for a few years, and now it seems to irritate my nostril rather severely, not immediately but like 1-2 days after, staying like that for 5+ days. To this day I can't sniff bupe, either nostril. other stuff doesn't cause the issue though lol.

Been on bupe pretty since '12 pretty consistently. Have had subutex tablets and suboxone film/ tablets prescribed. Subutex is more valuable and is a cleaner 'high, especially for infrequent users. You can snort, IV or sublingual both though. Just not eat haha. I have personally IV'd regular suboxone w/o any of that w/d jive. Tex are better though. I had a habit of insulating bupe for a few years, and now it seems to irritate my nostril rather severely, not immediately but like 1-2 days after, staying like that for 5+ days. To this day I can't sniff bupe, either nostril. other stuff doesn't cause the issue though lol.
i have no intention of abusing it or other drugs just taking it to slowly but surely ween me off im quite sure the place gives suboxone not subutex i was only addicted to methadone never had a huge other opiate tolerance but at a point i was at 220 mg a day of methadone years back atm 30 mg would fuck me up prob as 2 mg of subs are able t hold me basically

i have no intention of abusing it or other drugs just taking it to slowly but surely ween me off im quite sure the place gives suboxone not subutex i was only addicted to methadone never had a huge other opiate tolerance but at a point i was at 220 mg a day of methadone years back atm 30 mg would fuck me up prob as 2 mg of subs are able t hold me basically
Nice man I would try to make it a short of a time as possible, say 1-2 months, otherwise you just get into a place it sounds like you were in withbthe methadone.. 220mg a day sounds beastly, I think you've done some of the harder work and sub will be an easier taper, despitebsome of the horror stories around

Nice man I would try to make it a short of a time as possible, say 1-2 months, otherwise you just get into a place it sounds like you were in withbthe methadone.. 220mg a day sounds beastly, I think you've done some of the harder work and sub will be an easier taper, despitebsome of the horror stories around
yeah i cold turkeyed off meth at a high dose even after 5 months still wasnt right if feel if i slowly taper from subs i wont have the months of brutal withdrawal you think 1-2 months isnt to fast of a taper of sub at 2-4 mg a day? idk i figured id need like at least double that

The fact you went that long cold turkeying almost 200 milligrams of Methadone is commendable. That is GNARLY. My max dose was 120mg and I did a proper taper all the way down to 1mg and had a relatively painless time. I had to drive my motorcycle from Miami Beach to Arkansas days after my father left to a different country, which was about a month after I had finished my taper. Anyway, with what you said about not wanting to abuse and do a slow taper you're definitely in the right mindset now. That was my issue, was no, I did not do a proper taper on Suboxone because I personally wasn't in the mental mindset of a responsible adult then. I still wanted to abuse and party. I use the same dose of kratom every day now and have for many years and I am happy.

Edit: I don't know why, but quoting posts is bugged for me right now. I hope this still makes sense lol.

I always prefered straight Bupe. I guess the naloxone in suboxone isn't good or bad but idk that's just my preference. Luckily, even tho brand name "Subutex" was discontinued in the early 2010's, there was a doctor near me that would readily prescribe the generic. It was also very helpful since I was paying out of pocket and the generic is cheaper than suboxone.
This is the exact reason one of my Docs would do it too! He was, like most @ the time, a cash only doctor So I was already paying hundreds just to see him,then whatever it costs to fill the suboxone or tex, the film being the most expensive to fill. But he wouldn't let me smoke marijuana! He kept it real though, and said he didn't want no smoke with the DEA lol. Thankgod I was able to find medicaid covered bupe maintenence that doesn't mind if you smoke mj, just not unprescribed stims benzos or opiates

This is the exact reason one of my Docs would do it too! He was, like most @ the time, a cash only doctor So I was already paying hundreds just to see him,then whatever it costs to fill the suboxone or tex, the film being the most expensive to fill. But he wouldn't let me smoke marijuana! He kept it real though, and said he didn't want no smoke with the DEA lol. Thankgod I was able to find medicaid covered bupe maintenence that doesn't mind if you smoke mj, just not unprescribed stims benzos or opiates
Yeah I got really lucky finding my doc. When I googled "Suboxone Dr" or something similar, every doctor they listed charged out the ass, like 500$ first time and 300$ a month after, give or take a few hundred $. I was feeling defeated and hopeless. No way I could afford that.
Luckily a good friend of mine recommended his dr. He only charged 250/90 which was WAY more managable than the other dr's I talked too.
He was a good dr. Very caring and knowledgeable. And of course he even asked if I had a preference between Suboxone and Subutex.
And it's funny you mentioned the weed thing cause the same thing happened to me! He said something to the extent of "it makes it harder for me to prescribe you when you got marijuana in your system". And I really didn't smoke that much at that point anymore so I just quit smoking weed and didn't test the issue.

@blackmarket91 This taper calculator here gives a 40day taper plan for the habit you described ( you said 2-4mg a day so I input 3mg as daily avg. You can always stay at a certain level a few extra days if your starting to feel the difference to be too pronounced, then keep moving down when your ready.Taper Schedule/Calculator
are you sure that would be long enough?

for instance methadone going from like 5mg-0 takes around 4 months going down like 1 mg a month almost i also wanted t go slow tog et over the withdrawal i might still have from the methadone use in past i really fear subs turning me into same way methadone did with no energy ect i really hope 40-60 days would do it for me t come off clean and able to still go to the gym work out do house hold choirs ect

so you prefer subutex over soboxone? most docs claim tex is better for you can someone explain toe differences/pros cons to both?

for instance methadone going from like 5mg-0 takes around 4 months going down like 1 mg a month almost i also wanted t go slow tog et over the withdrawal i might still have from the methadone use in past i really fear subs turning me into same way methadone did with no energy ect i really hope 40-60 days would do it for me t come off clean and able to still go to the gym work out do house hold choirs ect
I tapered methadone from 120mg to 0mg by stepping down 2mg a day until I got down to 20mg, then I started going down 1 mg every 2 days (if I remember correctly this was over a decade ago.) I had a relatively painless time compared to other nastier, more foolish methods of quitting various opioids. Like I said in my other post, I then had to hop on my motorcycle and ride it almost 1200 miles and I actually had a great time. I think being out in the fresh air driving across the country made some of the residual withdrawal effects less noticeable.

How long have you been on buperenorphine? If it hasn't been several months to years I'd say the answer is yes 40-60 should work good for you. But everyone's experience is different, So what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
so you prefer subutex over soboxone? most docs claim tex is better for you can someone explain toe differences/pros cons to both?
No I definitely preferred Subutex when I snorted/ I'Ved it simply because it's cleaner, one less BS thing you were putting somewhere it shouldn't go. But it's usually harder to get. Either an unscrupulous Dr, or an allergy to naloxone, Or if your pregnant are the only reasons I ever hear or have gotten it prescribed as part of M.A.T. (medication assisted treatment). Everyone believes the l naloxone will make you sick if you fuck around, that's not the case. Bupe sticks to the mu- receptors so good that hardly anything can knock it out. However, since it's only a partial agonist (unlike methadone which is a full agonist) it doesn't provide the level of euphoria associated with opiate abuse. Whether you take suboxone or subutex, as long as there is bupenorphine in your system your not getting high from other opiates. Nothing really happens if you try either. I ate 50mg of oxycodone after a 24hr sub break, and all I felt was the slightest bit sleepy. My normal sublingual daily sub hits me harder. But if your just taking sublingual as I do now, I reckon both to be the same. Hope I could be some help.

How long have you been on buperenorphine? If it hasn't been several months to years I'd say the answer is yes 40-60 should work good for you. But everyone's experience is different, So what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.

No I definitely preferred Subutex when I snorted/ I'Ved it simply because it's cleaner, one less BS thing you were putting somewhere it shouldn't go. But it's usually harder to get. Either an unscrupulous Dr, or an allergy to naloxone, Or if your pregnant are the only reasons I ever hear or have gotten it prescribed as part of M.A.T. (medication assisted treatment). Everyone believes the l naloxone will make you sick if you fuck around, that's not the case. Bupe sticks to the mu- receptors so good that hardly anything can knock it out. However, since it's only a partial agonist (unlike methadone which is a full agonist) it doesn't provide the level of euphoria associated with opiate abuse. Whether you take suboxone or subutex, as long as there is bupenorphine in your system your not getting high from other opiates. Nothing really happens if you try either. I ate 50mg of oxycodone after a 24hr sub break, and all I felt was the slightest bit sleepy. My normal sublingual daily sub hits me harder. But if your just taking sublingual as I do now, I reckon both to be the same. Hope I could be some help.

ok heres my story i was on methadone for 5.5 years july 6th last year i cold turkeyd off 195 or so a day stayed sober for 5.5 months but during xmas holidays family member talked me into relapse with his take homes he receives and did it for 5 days and it knocked me right back into withdrawal lol...

i tried to tough it out at home thinking it was just a mini withdrawal period but after day 14 i realized it wasnt getting better so i checked into this rehab facility they put me on suboxone 4 mg a day i could just do 1 really if i wanted to iv been here 14 days so 2 weeks on suboxone is all iv ever been on it hope that clears everything up i never used subs before just oral methadone use and im using the subs to hep with the methadone withdrawals im receiving but also tapering slow since i realize ill also become addicted to the subs as well

i got 30 days left of this rehab and once i get out im going to a sub doctor to get the take homes and start to self taper iv heard guys getting the 2 mg strips with a razor blade and cutting them into 8 pieces even to get so low my body doesnt even realize it eventually

Can you snort Subutex a few hours after oxycodone, or will they sick? No naloxone, just the 8mg white pill