• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone strip 8mg

Dreadfluxed

Greenlighter
So for a while ive been hooked on taking 5mg to about 10mg percocet daily but latley its been hard to even get hold of anything and ive just been itiching for the high in so long. I have a way to get Tramadol but i feel as if when i took those it made me sick and gave me high anxiety when i tried to take anything else. I got a hold of a 8mg suboxone strip from a friend and im not sure how much of the strip i should take? I know taking the whole strip will make me sick and that wont be fun at all but what would anyone recommend to take if my body is use to 5mg to 10mg percs?

From a 8mg strip? How is he going to divide it into micrograms...?
(
EDIT: divide it into fourths. There's no way you can divide into .2mgs. You'd have to break it into
40 pieces... And that's far too low. If you want start at 1. But you don't need to go into microgram territory. Especially since it's a strip and not powder. You'd need a sensitive scale and shit and I guarantee you, you would be disappointed. The first time I took suboxone, completely opioid naive, I took 8mg and it was great. Nice comfortable, dreamy euphoria for the night. And then a strong antidepressant and energizing feel in the morning.)

Try to guage your dose on your response to other opioids as well: meaning, if you're sensitive to particular side effects, suboxone probably will do the same but worse.

I suggest you start with 2mg. Suboxone can be really strong and I know a lot of people I've had to take care of because they puking all over the place and nodding out in their vomit burning cigaratte holes in the carpet. And this is even with no opioids in your system or previous/regular use of opioids. Buprenorphine is so ridiculously potent at binding to those little mu opioid receptors, that it saturates them like crazy, and it will not let go because it binds so tightly. This prevents endorphin from binding and eliciting full biological responses - bupe is only partial. The full saturation as compared to other opioids - not just the mass binding, but the fact it binds so tighta - causes mass histamine release and resulting dizziness, nausea, and motion sickness type feelings. (Histamine is the neurotransmitter that controls your response to gravity, which is why things like dramamine and meclizine are used for motion sickness.)

I would make sure to have some antihistamines with you too. Not only to prevent side effects, but they potentiate it as well. And if you do have a bad reaction, such as nausea you can take one before you nod out in your own vomit. I would start with 2mg, and REMEMBER do not drink or eat anything for at least 15 minutes after the strips dissolves.

I would just take a little less than a quarter of a strip. Place it under your tongue and let it dissolve.

Be wary. Bupenorphine is extremely potent. Until you know how it will effect you you should:
1. have a friend close by
2. not drive
3. make sure you have time to sort out the chemical hangover in the morning
4. take on a full stomach

I just wouldn't exceed 2mg on the Buprenorphine. This would equal one quarter of the 8mg strip. You should probably start with less and work your way up from there, as Buprenorphine can be an unforgiving bitch when you push it too far. You essentially have no Opioid tolerance at this point in time and despite its reputation, Buprenorphine is a strong Opioid capable of both killing you (not likely but) and making you sick for a solid 24 hours.

Leave the strip under your tounge and try your best not to swallow any of it. Not only will the Bupe be rendered basically inactive by the stomach, I've found it contributes to how physically nauseous I feel. You can titrate your dose though, as sublingual administration hits relatively quickly.

^yeah, just what I was saying. Buprenorphine can outbind every other opioid on the market, save for animal tranquilizers like carfentanyl or etorphine.. It sticks to the receptors that strongly (this is why there's no point in putting naloxone in it; it doesn't do a damn thing, because it can't displace the suboxone if used in high dosages.... Just like with Talwin NX (pentazocine), a kappa opioid agonist that they forced naloxone into when pentazocine doesn't even bind to the mu opioid receptor at all. lol.) But anyways...

And the dosages they use in suboxone are very high compared to the ones for pain relief. But if you're alone, try not to smoke if you feel you're getting overwhelmed - you don't want to burn yourself or start a fire if you nod off. I've had to literally grab cigarettes out people's hands before, and the thing is they'd be alright one minute - just high obviously - and then BAM...head starts hanging down and cigarette precariously wavers in their fingers. A nod can hit you out of nowhere, so just be careful.

Remember after it's dissolved to not drink anything though for at least 15 minutes! It's the rule of thumb for all sublinguals. You want it all to get absorbed; just because the strip is gone doesn't mean there isn't buprenorphine still sitting under there getting absorbed.

^^agreed with the 2mg or less, and everything that's being pointed out as precautionary.
As someone who has been on suboxone as a maintenance therapy, there was one occurrence that I got completely wrecked from this drug after having gone only two weeks without it. I only took 2mg and can say that I have absolutely no recollection of that night aside from the passing thought that I might have taken too much.

At the very least, you should inform someone of what you're planning to do, but a better plan would be to do this in the company of a more sober friend who you trust.

The first time I took subutex I was in rehab. I had done my last doses of IV morphine that day. I was surprised at how powerful bupe was. It had me nodding.

I think you would have to be really hard up for a buzz to take bupe in a recreational capacity. It has all the downsides of traditional opiates, but the euphoria just isn't there.

Last edited:
8mg Sub strip is very easy to divide even into 1mg squares. You can fold and tear the damn things easy enough and cutting with scissors is just as basic. As others have said fold and tear or cut into quarters or fold it into eighths and cut out a corner square for 1mg which is easy enough to cut in half for 500mcg (Micrograms) or 0.5mg. Start there or even halve that again which I reckon is easy enough. You'll probably have a great time.

I wouldn't have a clue what Suboxone and bupe feel like when opioid/opiate naive. I've reduced to 18mgs from 32 - 40mgs (Maintenance for full agonist opioids and an attempt at controlling pain but otherwise ridiculous high dosage).

It may also be best to actually wait around 3 hrs before you begin to titrate upwards in your dose if you feel you need a little more. Even after 8hrs I feel Suboxone kinda come back in a wave. I can only gauge what Sub is doing to me depending on the effects I get after taking clonidine with it. Right now at 18mgs I can take 150mcg of clonidine and no nod but on 20mgs I would softly nod out morning and afternoon with a break in between, that's if I sat still in my office behind a screen, if I move around I'm fine which is all typical for opioids/opiates and myself.

So start 250mcg - 500mcg (0.2mg - 0.5mg) wait 3 hrs before considering more. Once you stop Suboxone you should wait a few days minimum before trying to take any other opioids as the Bupe still attached to your receptors will block other opioids - depending on the drug and the dosage. Play it safe and Take Care.